PDA

View Full Version : Monaghan United Vs. Sligo Rovers

sligoman
01/11/2005, 1:04 PM
This is a crucial game. I fully expect the team to take all three points, if they dont then it's disgracful and they dont deserve promotion. Faz is out, Alvarez is out(both suspended) and it will be O'Grady's last game of the season as he is suspended for the last two games. With Faz out I think it's time Sean Connor played O'Donnell on the wing, he caused Monaghan lots of problems in Century Homes Park earlier in the season and certainly deserves a place in the squad. There should be a good crowd going up from Sligo, along with the Trust's bus, so their should be a good atmosphere to roar us on to victory.

Prediction: 3-0 to Rovers;)

Red4Eva
01/11/2005, 2:43 PM
with da last 6 games i kinda always knew they prob wud turn out to be draws but i'm 100% confident of 3 points v monaghan. mons have conceded 53 in 32(29 in 16 home games) so we mite actually score a couple for a change. they've lost 9 home games but won therir last 2(athlone&kildare). i'd say raf will get put back into midfield. flannery was da star of da show da last 2 times we played monaghan so hopefully that gives him a bit of confidence going into da game. i've been to century homes 5 times&we won everytime. same again please

3-0 mctiernan, flannery&mcnamara

The Stars
01/11/2005, 3:49 PM
1-0 will do me nicely....Foley to score a screamer

feo123
01/11/2005, 5:16 PM
2-0....feeney and an own goal!!;)

Red4Eva
01/11/2005, 10:58 PM
neil doyle is ref for da game

sligoman
01/11/2005, 11:04 PM
neil doyle is ref for da gameah for fcuk sake. Why do the FAI have him at all?:confused: Such a joke. I just know he's gonna give all the decisions to the Dublin B team(aka Monaghan:D ) cos he's a Dub himself:mad:

Shiba
02/11/2005, 2:25 AM
This is a crucial game. I fully expect the team to take all three points, if they dont then it's disgracful and they dont deserve promotion. Faz is out, Alvarez is out(both suspended) and it will be O'Grady's last game of the season as he is suspended for the last two games. With Faz out I think it's time Sean Connor played O'Donnell on the wing, he caused Monaghan lots of problems in Century Homes Park earlier in the season and certainly deserves a place in the squad. There should be a good crowd going up from Sligo, along with the Trust's bus, so their should be a good atmosphere to roar us on to victory.

Prediction: 3-0 to Rovers;)
It maybe a good thing that Faz is suspended as he has been terrible basically since the Pats game where he showed what he is capable of.I don't think SC wouldn't have drop him otherwise.Dont want to overly critical of him but workrate in tracking back seems to lack the drive to compete(Tackling etc) is poor .Stephen O Donnell will have a more direct approach to the game which I think will give us more goalscoring chance's.We need to score and win this one more than the Cobh game,with Cobh playing DC it could be the chance we're looking for.I dread it coming down to Us needing a "Result in Kilkenny on the last Day!".

sligoman
02/11/2005, 2:27 AM
Stephen O Donnell will have a more direct approach to the game which I think will give us more goalscoring chance's.I still dont think Sean will play him though. I think McCartney will be there on the right:mad:

Da Real Rover
02/11/2005, 8:31 AM
I thought jay played real well for us against cobh, he'll be a fantastic player, all he needs to do is bulk up a bit and that will come with age.

sligoman
02/11/2005, 12:25 PM
I thought jay played real well for us against cobh, he'll be a fantastic player, all he needs to do is bulk up a bit and that will come with age.Dont get me wrong, McCartney is a good player but O'Donnell is the type of player we need against Monaghan cos he can set up goals for the front two

Shiba
02/11/2005, 5:37 PM
Dont get me wrong, McCartney is a good player but O'Donnell is the type of player we need against Monaghan cos he can set up goals for the front two

Totally agree with Sligoman as regards Mc Carthney and Mc Donnell(He has the Bulk already.).We need a team that is going to get stuck in.This late in season preformanance will count for nothing,its the results that matter.

The Stars
02/11/2005, 5:56 PM
Hopefull O'Donnell is starting but i wouldnt bet on it.

feo123
02/11/2005, 6:02 PM
Yeah he should start..he took the p**s of their defence when we beat them 4-1!

The Stars
02/11/2005, 6:09 PM
ya he set up 2 goals and gave them an awful time.

feo123
02/11/2005, 9:13 PM
Yes he is up to it! He is a brilliant young prospect and deserved his place in the team on saturday...and played quite well actually. He has been patient after losing his place in the team after being a regular at the start of the season. we need to keep giving players like Jay and Gary Curran an oppurtunity in the team! they are good local talent, and they could be Rovers greats in years to come!! we must keep local players in sligo! just look how well Ciaran Martyn is doing and to a lesser extent (at the minute) Alan Cawley! its a pity we couldn't get them 2 lads.

garykelly
02/11/2005, 9:26 PM
monaghan will be up to knock us off the perch. it's all they've left to play for. i'd take a win of any sort. dont care how it happens as long as we bring home the 3 points. i'd say o'donnell will play although cud be a case of leaving rossiter in defence and putting raf onto the right of midfield. if that was the case then o'donnell on the left would be good.

gustavo
02/11/2005, 10:20 PM
i would play drop kupono for tim and bring faz over to the left to accomdate raf on the right for this game

sligoman
02/11/2005, 10:53 PM
and bring faz over to the left to accomdate raf on the right for this gameCept Faz is suspended Gus;) :p

gustavo
02/11/2005, 10:56 PM
well play kupono left midfield then

The Stars
03/11/2005, 9:56 AM
ya foley should be in the middle.he is our work horse,breaks up attacks and gets the wide men on the ball.

feo123
03/11/2005, 12:46 PM
I'd go with this as its attacking and if we get at them tomorrow we should win quite comfortably!,
O'Hara
Raf ---------Burnsy-------Mac---------Kaps

---------------- O'Grady
-------O'Donnell--------Foley
--------------Feeney

------------Paul--------Sean
what ye think??:confused:

The Stars
03/11/2005, 12:54 PM
Isnt O'Grady suspended?

sligoman
03/11/2005, 12:55 PM
Isnt O'Grady suspended?Nope, he is for the last two though. Only Faz and Carlos are suspended for this one;)

gustavo
03/11/2005, 1:30 PM
i like feo's team but i would have tim instead of kupono and move foley to the back of the diamond

The Stars
03/11/2005, 3:00 PM
ya i agree with Gustavo's team

gustavo
03/11/2005, 3:04 PM
although i can see the logic of having o grady at the back of the diamond as he is a better passer than foley

feo123
03/11/2005, 3:12 PM
Just what i thought! you could play either of them there really and both should do a good job!
if we get a penalty tomorrow we should let conor take it as its his last game of the season...just like makalele last year against charlton! (maybe only if were 2or3 up!)

Rory H
03/11/2005, 3:21 PM
maybe for the last game if....but this is serious:)

feo123
03/11/2005, 8:01 PM
this is his last game....he is suspended for the last 2 games!
BTW is anyone else thinkin the game could be called off?? there pitch isnt good even without all the rain! i'm sure there will be a pitch inspection tomorrow!? ragin if its called off but it wouldnt surprise me if it was...

sligoman
04/11/2005, 1:13 PM
Preview here (http://www.eleven-a-side.com/previews/preview.asp?pid=387)

and:

Monaghan United vs Sligo Rovers (http://www.irishfootballonline.com/news_story.php?newsid=3854)
(Century Homes Park - 7:45 pm - Division 1)
Referee: Neil Doyle

A win for Sligo at Century Homes Park will ensure at least a play-off spot and they would be hoping to beat a team currently second from bottom in the division.
Monaghan though are on a reasonable run and have won their last two games. Sligo have drawn their last six games and look more like stumbling over the finish line than anything.
Raffaele Cretaro returns after a one game ban for Sligo although Carlos Alvarez must now sit out a one game suspension. A similar suspension to Fahrudin Kuduzovic will hamper their creative capabilities though.

League form for Monaghan United : WWLLW
League form for Sligo Rovers : DDDDD

Previous meeting(s) : Sligo Rovers 2-0 Monaghan United (03/09/2005)
Monaghan United 1-4 Sligo Rovers (03/07/2005)
Sligo Rovers 0-1 Monaghan United (23/04/2005)
Monaghan United 1-0 Sligo Rovers (22/10/2004)
Sligo Rovers 4-0 Monaghan United (17/07/2004)

IrishFootballOnline.com Prediction: Away win.

Rory H
04/11/2005, 1:17 PM
no more draws!

cmon the bit o red

60 ballons for the red army![all shall be revealed!]

sligoman
04/11/2005, 1:18 PM
60 ballons for the red army![all shall be revealed!]hehe, WTF?:confused:. Should I even ask?:D

Rory H
04/11/2005, 1:29 PM
hehe, WTF?:confused:. Should I even ask?:D

no...not yet..its a big step up from limerick..we only had 10 then....hope we get an hour early so i can inflate them all:)

we better win!

garykelly
04/11/2005, 2:14 PM
good idea wildrover. fair play. hopefully we'll win :D

SligoBrewer
04/11/2005, 7:02 PM
another draw looks more likely...

SligoBrewer
04/11/2005, 8:27 PM
Great win! Great to see our championship challenge back on track.
Also, great to see raf getting a goal. Deserved it for all the hard work he's doing on the right flank for us.

Sorry for being pessimistic earlier on, should never have doubted the lads.

Shiba
04/11/2005, 9:46 PM
Great win last night alright!All we need now will be A Dublin City tomorrow night,and we could be collecting the Title in the Showgrounds next week.That would be brillant as it sticks in my mind when Drogheda picked up there a few years back, when I told my young fellas thats what its all about.