PDA

View Full Version : Penalty

dublinwanderer
01/11/2005, 10:38 AM
i've only missed 3 bray games all season:eek: and i dont think bray have a got 1 penalty all year.... another decision went against us last night when in the 1st half mcgoverns shot was blocked down by a shels players arm in the box but the ref (tuite) waved play on. about ten minutes later shels go down the other end and get a dodgey penalty decision which looked as if the foul had been committed outside the box. :mad: :mad:

can anyone clear this up HAVE BRAY GOT A PENALTY THIS YEAR?

BrayZil
01/11/2005, 11:04 AM
No we haven’t got a penalty at all this season. It definitely looked like we should have had a peno last night when the Shels player handled the ball in the box. As for the Shels peno I'd have to see it again but that’s the second time Skippy has got himself into a stupid position and given away a penalty. It was kinda similar to the peno he gave away against Bohs. I've totally had enough of Skippy! He's costing us to many games and has to go!

The Wanderer
01/11/2005, 3:01 PM
Possibily thw rost keeper in the league, to many goals conceded, we need someone new in goals..

Stan 19
01/11/2005, 4:47 PM
Defo. He pulled off a few great saves last nite but he is too unreliable. Every time the ball goes near him your heart in in your mouth wondering if he is gonna mess it up and cost us a goal.

The Wanderer
02/11/2005, 12:50 PM
So who do we bring in to replace Skippy!

Roo69
02/11/2005, 12:54 PM
If the club decide to replace him we already have one chomping at the bit to play, who IMO is a very good keeper........ Step up Mr. Pat Hannigan

BrayZil
02/11/2005, 1:20 PM
So who do we bring in to replace Skippy!

ABS - Anyone but Skippy :D

We just have to get rid of him! I definitely think if Hannigan got his chance in the first team he'd do well for us.

superfrank
02/11/2005, 1:29 PM
Lads, I keep telling you he's only 20. He just needs more experience. Pat is a good keeper but we don't see what goes on in training obviously Devo, Tony and John all think Skippy's better.

BrayZil
02/11/2005, 1:37 PM
I know he's only 20 and he's a nice lad and all but he's just not good enough. He's not up to Premier Division standard. He's still young and maybe he can get better as he gets older and work on the areas he needs to improve e.g. Kick outs etc. My main concern is that he's not brave enough. He's afraid of getting hurt. A goalkeeper needs to be brave and this is not something he will learn. He's either brave or he's not and Skippy just is'nt brave.

superfrank
02/11/2005, 1:41 PM
I agree he's not brave and his kick outs are poor but he's a good shot stopper.

I think there's no question about Pat being brave after the Cobh u21s incident.

Stan 19
02/11/2005, 7:37 PM
I think Hannigan should be given a go. Now is the time to give him a chance now that we are safe. Havin seen Pat in the U21 games he seems a better keeper.

Grasshopper 99
03/11/2005, 11:54 AM
off topic, move this thread. this is about bray not getting a peno, so move it.

The Wanderer
03/11/2005, 12:36 PM
Not as far as i can remember they have not been awarded a penalty, in pre-season we got one!

Stevo Da Gull
05/11/2005, 7:03 PM
Now I'm in no way trying to take credit from Derry for the 3-0 victory over us or trying to say that we deserved points from the game but as far as us not being given a peno all season the trend continued last. It must have been about 10 minutes from time when Tarzan was IMO clearly upended inside the box, no penalty given:rolleyes:

What did evrybody else on here make of it?

MariborKev
06/11/2005, 12:14 AM
I think Hancock was making up for the ridiculous red card for Molloy........

dublinwanderer
06/11/2005, 8:20 PM
molloy raised his hand the ref seen it and sent him off. but i have seen other ref's doing absolutely nothing for the same incident. but i was shocked handcock sent him off for that he usually tries to screw bray at every attempt.
ps defo peno when tarzan was floored:mad: :mad: :mad:

Roo69
07/11/2005, 8:29 AM
I think Hancock was making up for the ridiculous red card for Molloy........

If a player raises his hand in anger he must walk, no matter how strong the contact is ! Rules are rules.

Anyway, what inb the name of hell was Molloy thinking ? Absolute idiot to even try such a thing when his team is 3 nil up and strolling. There was'nt that many complaints from the players either.

On another note, another 3 goals conceeded.......... 8 in less than a week :mad:

SeagullScene
07/11/2005, 1:25 PM
Hey Roo u better not be slagging Skip....Tarzan1 might get annoyed with you. Would u be on here giving out about him if he was keeping a clean sheet week in week out???:D :D

KR's Post
07/11/2005, 2:10 PM
Hey Roo u better not be slagging Skip....Tarzan1 might get annoyed with you. Would u be on here giving out about him if he was keeping a clean sheet week in week out???:D :D
I'm just saying that the blame should not just rest on Skippys shoulders... SS! What the fcuk..

The Wanderer
07/11/2005, 2:46 PM
It does to an extent, Skippy needs to organise his back 4 and be brave and come for the balls, he needs to sort out his kicking, it shocking for a premier goal keeper, in fairness i would be better... Shame on him 8 goals in 2 games, thats an embarassment!

KR's Post
07/11/2005, 2:53 PM
It does to an extent, Skippy needs to organise his back 4 and be brave and come for the balls, he needs to sort out his kicking, it shocking for a premier goal keeper, in fairness i would be better... Shame on him 8 goals in 2 games, thats an embarassment!

I'm sorry but no.. There is a back 5 there, not a back 1!!! They are all to blame for being the worst defence in the country fact. Anyway no need for all the criticism. We are the best of the worst teams in the Premier, the table shows that and we're staying up. It would have been horrible to have conceded 61 goals and went down! That hasn't happened, so be happy, we have survived!

The Wanderer
07/11/2005, 2:59 PM
I dont agree, we shoud not be happy that we are the worst of the bad teams, Bray want to prove themselves. It would be rotten if we went down and conceded 61 goals. Yeah there defenders too but a goalie needs to be more vocal and brave, Skippy is not, i think he should be gone, why pay our money week in & out to see that sh*t...

KR's Post
07/11/2005, 3:18 PM
I'm not saying we should settle for this all the time. I don't think Europe is out of reach next year. I'm happy at where we finished. At the start of the season we were slated both locally(public, not Bray People) and by the national press about being the worst team in the division and heading straight back down! We lost 0-3 at home to Dublin ''Home Farm'' City for fcuk sake. Ok we've conceded alot of goals, ok you've criticised Skippy ALOT, but after all that was said and our s-hit pre-season form, this campaign has been a pretty succesful one. Alright there a games we could have won and kept clean sheets, but there are also games in which we won/drew and should have lost... We're staying up, so lets build on that, because believe me Sligo coming up will be a team that won't luy down!

The Wanderer
07/11/2005, 4:03 PM
Thats whati saying, we have to be happy with our preformance in the league and reaching the semi finals, thats an achievement in itself, we need to build on this and hope next season we can get to europe, thats why we need a new goalie as well as a few other new players....

dublinwanderer
21/11/2005, 7:57 AM
its about fcuking time but we got one:D :D :D and it would have to be in the last match of the season which I couldnt go!!! ah well the refs must look at this site and read the comments it was bound to happen (get a penalty)sooner or later with us talking about it all the time........

Grasshopper 99
21/11/2005, 9:52 AM
it was a very well taken peno, fair play to wayne

Stevo Da Gull
22/11/2005, 7:57 PM
Now I had a very bad angle of the incident but out of all the shouts for a peno we've had this year that looked a bit harsh to me:eek: I had a bad view but I was'nt thinking `PENO` when I saw it. Any Harps/Bray fans on here that had a better view of it?

Our first peno in over 13 months:eek:

EDIT: As Grasshopper said, a very well taken peno by Wayne.

KR's Post
23/11/2005, 12:07 PM
Now I had a very bad angle of the incident but out of all the shouts for a peno we've had this year that looked a bit harsh to me:eek: I had a bad view but I was'nt thinking `PENO` when I saw it. Any Harps/Bray fans on here that had a better view of it?

Our first peno in over 13 months:eek:

EDIT: As Grasshopper said, a very well taken peno by Wayne.

Was a little drunk, but thought it wasn't a penalty. We have had many other pen claims better than these! Ball was out of play AFAIK aswell! Anyway fair play Wayne on your first senior goal. Stevo Da Gull was ecstatic!

Stevo Da Gull
28/11/2005, 7:29 PM
fair play Wayne on your first senior goal. Stevo Da Gull was ecstatic!

;) How much is player sponsorship again? :D :o

Roo69
29/11/2005, 10:04 AM
How much is player sponsorship again? :D :o

Great shout actually ! I should get the Shed end Boys to sponsor a player this season..... get ya's all to chip in :D

Stevo Da Gull
29/11/2005, 9:31 PM
Great shout actually ! I should get the Shed end Boys to sponsor a player this season..... get ya's all to chip in :D

As long as it aint too steep;) It was spoken about at the beginning of last season a little bit but nothing ever came of it, it's not actually a bad idea:)

Hulsey
01/12/2005, 1:41 PM
Thats a crackin' idea. I'd be up for it anyway! Could be a few arguments over who to sponsor though;) !

Roo69
02/12/2005, 10:36 AM
Well i've e-mailed Steveo Da Gull with details so have a word with him....

superfrank
02/12/2005, 3:45 PM
Well i've e-mailed Steveo Da Gull with details so have a word with him....
Yeah he informed me of it today. I'd be up for it anyway.