PDA

View Full Version : Driving

Pages : 1 [2]

sligoman
01/11/2005, 10:34 PM
Sound pollution Sligoman, and surely Sligo would be easier navigated on a bike :)Really into the environment aren't ya?:D. Nah, I'd be better going around Sligo on a scooter to be honest, much quicker through the traffic than on a bike;) :D

Gareth
01/11/2005, 10:38 PM
Awh the environment is a hard thing to get away from :). The only problem is I have to get up tomorrow and get the bus as I do everyday and I have forgotten my umbrella and look like I will be soaked. Maybe I'll look out for Adam and a 7 litre engine passing by :)

What colour scooter?

sligoman
01/11/2005, 10:41 PM
Maybe I'll look out for Adam and a 7 litre engine passing by :):D :D

What colour scooter?Dont know yet, blue probably;). It'll be a while yet though:o

Gareth
01/11/2005, 10:47 PM
I would of thought a red and white one with a bit of a crest on it would be more your liking??? One of the Corkies in work scooters in and out of work and he thinks its the best way to get round :)

sligoman
01/11/2005, 10:49 PM
I would of thought a red and white one with a bit of a crest on it would be more your liking??? One of the Corkies in work scooters in and out of work and he thinks its the best way to get round :)Yeah, I thought about that alright but I just think blue on a scooter looks better than red:D.

EDIT: The (http://cgi.ebay.ie/Sports-Scooter-Moped-125cc-Motorcycle-NEW_W0QQitemZ4584795090QQcategoryZ9939QQrdZ1QQcmdZ ViewItem#ebayphotohosting) black one looks nice too though;)

sligoman
01/11/2005, 11:55 PM
While on the subject of scooters, anyone know a site where I can get an online quote? I just wanna check it out of interest, thanks in advance;)

dahamsta
02/11/2005, 12:39 AM
Maybe I'll look out for Adam and a 7 litre engine passing byYou never, ever need to look for a 7l V8 engine Gareth, particularly not a Hemi. You may need to tidy up your trousers afterwards though. :)

Gareth
02/11/2005, 8:02 AM
I got in without getting wet but had to stand for an hour and a half on the bus. What litre engine has a bus? I didn't hear or see Adam. :)

Lionel Ritchie
02/11/2005, 10:12 AM
Whatever about Speed Kills perhaps being an economy of truth -I'll go along with Adams assertion that Bad Driving kills -though only based on the understanding that one of the most common manifestations of bad driving is inappropriately high speed causing a reduction in reaction time.

I buy little argument about deaths on our roads being due to the quality of the roads themselves. For generations now Northern Irelands superior primary and secondary road network has been used almost as an argument for Unionism itself. Yet we in the 26 and themuns up there are consistently chucking people out the windscreen of existence pro-rata.

Also a vast chunk of the deaths on our roads are happening on straight stretches in and around the witching hour and involve young adults.

I'd be on for that idea about making people re-take driving tests at the same frequency you'd renew a passport - however I also think it'd be a swell idea to ban the under-26s from being insured on anything bigger than a 1.2L

I know you can kill yourself or someone else every bit as dead in a Ciquencento -but I'd still put the farm on it having a huge dividend in lives saved.