PDA

View Full Version : Fair play Cork

sfc red
31/10/2005, 11:38 PM
Reports say that Cork City brought around 1,000 fans to Dalymount last night and if this is true then well done. Considering the fact that it was a bank holiday and Halloween, serious respect is due to every one of these true fans. Well done again

sullanefc
01/11/2005, 12:59 AM
nice one if true

redgav
01/11/2005, 8:12 AM
http://corkcityfc.ie/gallery/displayimage.php?album=136&pos=0

Peadar
01/11/2005, 8:22 AM
That only shows half the crowd, Gav.
Sure we were much further over than that.

Went out to belfield then expecting to see a good Derry support but sadly it wasn't to be.

bigmac
01/11/2005, 9:00 AM

Went out to belfield then expecting to see a good Derry support but sadly it wasn't to be.

Fair play alright - good advertisement for the league seeing those pictures. In fairness though, there are probably a fair few Cork fans living in Dublin that help to swell the away support. Still, great turn-out either way!

ccfcman
01/11/2005, 9:07 AM
thats a surprisingly large crowd considering the pats result IMO

Larry 'da' Wyse
01/11/2005, 9:11 AM
Was at the game. Great crowd from Cork and it added to a good game. About 7 -800 I reckon? Terrible result for Bohs but if they keep it together they can get 4th - bt. Longford and Drogheda to put a bit of daylight between the sides.

Peadar
01/11/2005, 9:20 AM
Terrible result for Bohs but if they keep it together they can get 4th

You move the ball around well in advanced areas and will always create chances but you're a vulnerable in defence.
You have reason to be positive.
I could see your lot singing and chanting but the sound doesn't travel up the stand so I couldn't hear you.
Looking forward to seeing it on eL weekly.

redgav
01/11/2005, 9:28 AM

Thats true - went up as far as the next break in the stand -Sure the Home tunnel was on our right

Star has it down as 800+ : reckon there was more tbh - Q the usual 25,000 sarcastic posts from Shels and whoever else but I reckon the crowd was a lot closer to the 1K mark

tiktok
01/11/2005, 9:33 AM
It was a great crowd.

About the 900 mark i'd say, We filled Section A and B of the Jodi and spilt over maybe another 40-50 into section C, I'm sure a Bohs fans will be able to tell us what that equates to.

That picture only shows section A by the way, B was the same.

The early kick-off helped a huge amount IMO, people were able to get home at a reasonable hour, back to 3pm kick-offs on a Sunday anyone? :D

Very opem and entertaining game I thought, not good for the nerves though

hoops1
01/11/2005, 9:35 AM
I was down there what a cracking game!
There was easily 1000 + cork fans there
What a credit to the club!
Thought it was going to be Derrys year after O Callaghans free
hit the inside the post and went right across the goal
Until the OG of the season!And the miss of the season in the
last minute I didnt stop laughing for an hour after,
Thinking about both incidents.If that doesnt swing it Corks way they will never win it.
Both sides played some great football.

bohs til i die
01/11/2005, 10:05 AM
judging by the gate details, I reckon there was 700 Cork fans.

Peadar
01/11/2005, 10:09 AM
I reckon there was 700 Cork fans.

Sounds about right to me. Still a great crowd. The early KO certainly contributed. It's always great to have a pint in Dalyer and then head out for the game but last night was something special. The noise was unreal as we made our way out from the middle bar.

bohs til i die
01/11/2005, 10:10 AM
It was a great crowd.

That picture only shows section A by the way, B was the same.

That picture shows all of A and B. That is not just Block A. Block B is the block around the home team tunnel which can clearly be seen in the picture, as can the steps along the side of Block B/C. There is emoty seats at the front of Block B to the right of the tunnel and the people sitting there are all Bohs fans.

tiktok
01/11/2005, 10:30 AM
That picture shows all of A and B. That is not just Block A. Block B is the block around the home team tunnel which can clearly be seen in the picture, as can the steps along the side of Block B/C. There is emoty seats at the front of Block B to the right of the tunnel and the people sitting there are all Bohs fans.

Fair enough, it just cuts off the corner at the top of block B so.

They're clearly not 'all Bohs' fans btw, there may be 20ish people at the front who are but behind them the City merchandise people are wearing is easily distinguishable, anyway, whatever number of seats is taken up by Bohs fans there is more than matched by the numbers of City fans that were standing in the aisles and at the back behind the final row of seats.

Simple enough question, how many people does Section A + Section B + 40/50 extra in Section C equal? That's how many City fans were there.

bohs til i die
01/11/2005, 10:37 AM
Block A and B hold 723 people. Take off about 50-75 for empty seats/Bohs fans and that’s around 650, which was my originally estimate, but I didn’t allow for a few dozen in Block C.

Based on gate info from yesterday and recent previous Bohs home games, and that picture, and 700 is the figure that is as accurate as possible without actually counting the away fans.

Speranza
01/11/2005, 10:58 AM

Hallowe'en as most people know is a huge event in Derry so fair play to anyone who sacraficed that for the match.

Fair play Cork, brilliant numbers!

Jerry The Saint
01/11/2005, 10:59 AM
Hallowe'en as most people know is a huge event in Derry so fair play to anyone who sacraficed that for the match.

Fair play Cork, brilliant numbers!

Also (stating the obvious) not a bank holiday up there.

SÓC
01/11/2005, 11:10 AM
If Farrelly was fit and could last more than the first half Bohs would be a fantastic team

MariborKev
01/11/2005, 11:24 AM

I thought that we would be outnumbered, what with all this talk of the Rebel Army going to take in the two matches.

That didn't happen either;)

ps bohs
01/11/2005, 11:35 AM
Cork had great support there yesterday all very well behaved also may i add.As for the match i think a draw would of been a fair result .The two teams played great stuff

Peadar
01/11/2005, 11:56 AM
Take off about 50-75 for empty seats/Bohs fans and that’s around 650

You must also factor in all the people who were standing on the steps. We had another 30 or so in Block C.

redgav
01/11/2005, 12:16 PM
I thought that we would be outnumbered, what with all this talk of the Rebel Army going to take in the two matches.

Bit like the fabled 500 Derry fans in Ballybofay

tiktok
01/11/2005, 12:25 PM

Where was all that talk Maribor? :D
Anyway, we only said we'd outnumber the UCD fans, we managed that alright ;)
About 20ish of us made the trip over I guess.

dancinpants
01/11/2005, 3:50 PM

Whats that now? :rolleyes:

harry crumb
01/11/2005, 3:56 PM
Good turnout from the City supporters alright.

But, it was a Bank holiday, kids on mid-term, early kick-off, City challenging..Why wouldnt there be a good crowd?

The Stars
01/11/2005, 4:29 PM
well done cork fans....
Sligo v Monaghan this friday will surely be the biggest away support in the first division...lets see how it compares

Conor H
01/11/2005, 5:21 PM
well done cork fans....
Sligo v Monaghan this friday will surely be the biggest away support in the first division...lets see how it compares
Yes can't wait.

ccfcgirl
01/11/2005, 5:35 PM
Good City support in Dalymount . 4 o clock kick off was just perfect.

pete
01/11/2005, 5:54 PM
I'd estimate Bohs made extra 10k gate receipt by moving ko to 4pm.

Bohs v City have been good games in last few years as both sides always play good passing football against each other.

Going to Belfield for "football" game was a real let down after Bohs V City.

Special credit to the nearside post at Shopping Centre End. In Post we Trust to paraphrase the Simpsons :D

MariborKev
01/11/2005, 6:22 PM

You'll not see anywhere that there were 500 fans in Ballybofey.

However there were significantly more than the 17 Cork fans that travelled to that game.

Good banter between fans of the two City's last night I thought

redgav
01/11/2005, 6:28 PM
You'll not see anywhere that there were 500 fans in Ballybofey.

However there were significantly more than the 17 Cork fans that travelled to that game.

Good banter between fans of the two City's last night I thought

ahh now Maribor , there were one or two derry heads boastin on the city site of 500 DCFC fans goin to ballbofaay-there was 6 9very good banter that nite too) and there was 32 city fans at the game -believe me ,I counted.
one or two late arrivals all right ,maybe the radio commentator you listenjed to missed em :D

MariborKev
01/11/2005, 8:33 PM
I was at the match, wearing a orange wig and mask in keeping with the fancy dress theme amongst the travelling support.

Personally I only counted five, the lads who walked past during the "Rebel Army, yer having a laugh chant"

However I am led to believe there were more, and I am sure UCD appreciated every one of them as there was no-one at that match last night.

redgav
01/11/2005, 8:56 PM
I was at the match, wearing a orange wig and mask in keeping with the fancy dress theme amongst the travelling support.

Personally I only counted five, the lads who walked past during the "Rebel Army, yer having a laugh chant"

However I am led to believe there were more, and I am sure UCD appreciated every one of them as there was no-one at that match last night.

I was left in doyles on me own as 3 car loads of exiles left for belfield -thats 12 at the very least , another carload was diverted due to a crash and the lads havin to go to hospital

yer not very good at this counting lark :p

MariborKev
01/11/2005, 9:03 PM
Without turning this into a ****ing contest.......

I said that I personally counted five.

However I could see there were Cork fans down the far side of the stand from us but I was there to watch Derry win, not count Cork fans.

Reports vary from 15 to your estimate of 32.

To be honest I don't care...............:D

B-Stand
01/11/2005, 9:07 PM
Block A and B hold 723 people. Take off about 50-75 for empty seats/Bohs fans and that’s around 650, which was my originally estimate, but I didn’t allow for a few dozen in Block C.

Based on gate info from yesterday and recent previous Bohs home games, and that picture, and 700 is the figure that is as accurate as possible without actually counting the away fans.

Yeah, I would have guessed around 700-750 which is a very good support, but considering they're going for the double and that it was on a bank holiday afternoon, it's pretty much what I would have expected.

daveh
01/11/2005, 9:35 PM
Id say there was about 20-25 of us from what i saw at belfield,i only made a last minute decision to go cos we got a lift off 1 of the exiles(tanx again btw!!),was due to get the 9 train back home!

redgav
01/11/2005, 10:08 PM
Without turning this into a ****ing contest.......

I said that I personally counted five.

However I could see there were Cork fans down the far side of the stand from us but I was there to watch Derry win, not count Cork fans.

To be honest I don't care...............:D

its getting to be bit of a habit with you in fairness
undercounting the city support in Donegal
Undercounting the city support in Belfield
Over counting (or counting each one 5 times) the 6 derry fans in donegal ;)

Vitruvian Man
01/11/2005, 10:53 PM
Special mention should also go to George O'Callaghan and Danny Murphy who applauded the Bohs fans before going down to celebrate with their own. I would admire them both as players even if they were c*nts but you have to have huge respect for that kind of sporting behaviour.

Contrast it to that tosser Woods who must have been upset because Bohs fans were ignoring him during the game - obviously hasn't worked out his Rovers inferiority complex yet.

tiktok
02/11/2005, 6:49 AM
I said that I personally counted five.....

Maribor, Gav wasn't in Belfield, I think you're at cross purposes here.
I think he's talking about the City game in Ballybofey when some Derry fans turned up.

As for Belfield, there was 5 in my car alone, I think about 20ish overall, tbh, we didn't lend to the home support though. Did have a laugh with a few of ye though, the guy in the Superman outfit, fair play :D

Dazzy
02/11/2005, 8:39 AM
Maribor, Gav wasn't in Belfield, I think you're at cross purposes here.
I think he's talking about the City game in Ballybofey when some Derry fans turned up.

As for Belfield, there was 5 in my car alone, I think about 20ish overall, tbh, we didn't lend to the home support though. Did have a laugh with a few of ye though, the guy in the Superman outfit, fair play :D

Was it you calling him Georgie cause you think hes super:o
Was talking to a few of them when i went past, didnt act big headed or nothing which shocked me!

And i will be in the red curly wig and facepaint again on Friday for, still keeping the halloween spirit alive:cool:

exile
02/11/2005, 8:52 AM
for anyone that went to bellfield did anyone else find the ucd support pathetic i mean like fair enough they are where they are on merit but im at a loss as how their going to attarct more supporters

exile
02/11/2005, 8:53 AM
Was talking to a few of them when i went past, didnt act big headed or nothing which shocked me!

And i will be in the red curly wig and facepaint again on Friday for, still keeping the halloween spirit alive:cool:

i think that was me you were talking too :D :D couldnt miss ya ,you langer:p

Peadar
02/11/2005, 8:55 AM

I sung "What's it like to have red hair?" to you when you were walking by.

There were 16 City fans in our area, 4 standing at the fence just to the left of the stand and at least 5 behind the Derry dugout.

tiktok
02/11/2005, 9:17 AM

Yeah :D

It was exile you were chatting to though

tiktok
02/11/2005, 9:18 AM
did anyone else find the ucd support

No! :D

Dazzy
02/11/2005, 12:22 PM
No! :D

I only saw 1 UCD shirt:eek: They have more stewards than fans:D

Peadar, i may have been drunk but i thought you were all singing whats it like to have a queen:eek: but i forgive you now i now the truth:o