PDA

View Full Version : Skipper rescues Cork

A face
31/10/2005, 9:11 PM
Bohemians 1-2 Cork City
Captain Dan Murray fired a crucial late winner to keep Cork City on top of the eircom League Premier Division on Bank Holiday Monday afternoon.

It was a third goal in eight games for the big centre half, and it maintained Cork’s grip on top spot, regardless of how second-placed Derry City fare against UCD later on Monday evening.

Read more at www.eleven-a-side.com (http://www.eleven-a-side.com/premier/irish_soccer_detail.asp?newsid=19768)

A face
31/10/2005, 9:15 PM
Murray forces home late Cork winner

Cork City were looking to bounce back from Friday's shock defeat against St Pats as they travelled to Dalymount Park today.
In a lively opening though it was home side Bohemians who took a fourth minute lead. Stephen Ward got in and after some persistence his shot found the back of the net off the legs of Alan Bennett.

Stunned into action, Cork went on the offensive but they struggled to force the ball home. A Cork free kick from Danny Murphy struck the base of Matt Gregg's post and spun along the goal-line until Joe Gamble forced it back across goal. Neale Fenn was unable to turn home as Gregg clutched the ball.

Read more at www.irishfootballonline.com

nismo
31/10/2005, 10:16 PM
i remember when ye wanted him out!

Fair_play_boy
31/10/2005, 11:32 PM
i remember when ye wanted him out!Yes there were many club supporters, myself included, who could not understand why Pat Dolan kept faith in Dan Murray last season.
Starting with his performance in the last game of the 2004 season, he is a different player. Whatever his ma is putting in his porridge, the boy is doing extremely well for us. Long may it last.

pete
01/11/2005, 12:15 PM
He had a terrible game by his own admission but scored crucial late winner.

patsh
01/11/2005, 2:00 PM
He had a terrible game by his own admission but scored crucial late winner.
I think it was Dan's worst game of the season, he was very nervy and unsure at times.

I could never understand why people wanted him out, he needed a rest at one stage, I think, but there is a reason why City have the lowest goals against in the league, and he is a big part of that reason.

TheJamaicanP.M.
01/11/2005, 2:19 PM
I thought Skipper was a Bohs man. Last I heard he was training with Arklow Town. What's he doing playing for Cork?:confused:

A face
02/11/2005, 11:52 AM
I thought Skipper was a Bohs man. Last I heard he was training with Arklow Town. What's he doing playing for Cork?:confused:

Skipper as in captain !! .... His name is Dan Murray !!

Troy.McClure
06/11/2005, 5:11 PM
Dan Murray was in Saturdays Irish Independent "Hot" section of whos hot and not in world soccer :)