PDA

View Full Version : we've been seeded!

eoinh
05/05/2002, 9:07 PM
just noticed on an unofficial uefa site (but its usually very accurate) that our club in the first round of the champions league has been SEEDED. looking at the list of teams we could face i reckon our representative (probably shels at this stage) would get through.:D

eoinh
05/05/2002, 9:12 PM
http://www.xs4all.nl/~kassiesa/bert/uefa/seedcl2002.html

forgot to give the site address above.

Éanna
06/05/2002, 11:50 AM
Good news! And if my reading of it is right, should they beat the albanians, they would face a bulgarian team, and in the 3rd round (I know, I know) they'd play celtic. Oh if only they could in thru all of those:cool:

Neil
06/05/2002, 12:11 PM
I think Bohemians were seeded last year too though. It's not that much of a surprise is it?

Éanna
06/05/2002, 12:34 PM
Originally posted by Neil
I think Bohemians were seeded last year too though.
I think they were, yeah, but I think the draw is a bit more favourable this time round.

eoinh
06/05/2002, 7:47 PM
your reading the draw wrong. shels have only been seeded. the actual draw hasn't been made yet. they could be drawn against any one of the unseeded teams from the list. this goes for the next round as well.

Éanna
07/05/2002, 12:57 PM
Originally posted by eoinh
your reading the draw wrong. shels have only been seeded. the actual draw hasn't been made yet. they could be drawn against any one of the unseeded teams from the list. this goes for the next round as well.
hence me saying "And if my reading of it is right":D