PDA

View Full Version : Westlife top of music charts/Westlife discussion

Pages : [1] 2 3

sligoman
31/10/2005, 12:20 AM
Irish boy band Westlife have secured the number one spot in the music charts with their cover version of ballad "You Raise Me Up".

Westlife, with their first official single release since February 2004, pushed "I Bet You Look Good On The Dancefloor" by Sheffield rockers Arctic Monkeys into second place, according to the Official UK Charts Company.

In third slot was the Sugababes with "Push The Button", which dropped down one place having previously spent three weeks at the top.
British singer Kate Bush, who became famous in 1978 with the number one hit "Wuthering Heights", made her return to the singles charts with "King of the Mountain" from her first album to be released in 12 years.

Bush, 47, entered the charts in fourth place, pushing Robbie Williams into fifth with "Tripping".

The Pussycat Dolls' "Don't Cha", featuring New York hip hop artist Busta Rhymes, slipped one place to sixth while Hilary Duff entered the charts in seventh with "Wake Up".

The Backstreet Boys were another new entry, in at eighth place with "Just Want You To Know", one ahead of McFly's "I Wanna Hold You" which dropped six places to ninth.

U.S. hip-hop producer Kanye West dropped four places to round out the top 10 with "Gold Digger" featuring Jamie Foxx.

http://uk.news.yahoo.com/30102005/325/westlife-croon-top-music-charts.html

CollegeTillIDie
31/10/2005, 8:50 AM
You Raise Me Up was written by Brendan Graham and he also wrote a load of Irish Eurovision entries over the previous thirty years or so including Rock And Roll Kids that won in 1994. I should get out more :D

Maz
31/10/2005, 8:53 AM
To be honest, I have heard far better versions of "You Raise Me Up" silly people rushing out to buy it and damn record companies. They can release anything and still get number 1

CollegeTillIDie
31/10/2005, 8:54 AM
Yes expect the accapella shoulder farting version any time soon :D

CollegeTillIDie
31/10/2005, 8:55 AM
On a slightly related issue is this the only #1 slot the town of Sligo will be occupying before the end of the year ? :D

Maz
31/10/2005, 8:58 AM
On a slightly related issue is this the only #1 slot the town of Sligo will be occupying before the end of the year ? :D
Hopefully, the pain that crowd inflict on people with what they call music is shocking... :p

The Stars
31/10/2005, 9:13 AM
No it wont be.Tabby has just released a new single called......Number 1.

Maz
31/10/2005, 9:14 AM
Will he be the last? The Conways wont get a Number 1 before Xmas anyways

Anto McC
31/10/2005, 9:16 AM

If he gets to Number 1,I'll hang myself........****ing fairy :mad:

Maz
31/10/2005, 9:19 AM
If he gets to Number 1,I'll hang myself........****ing fairy :mad:
Ah dont go doing anything that radical...Its actually quite catchy, I can see it doing well for him

Anto McC
31/10/2005, 9:21 AM
Ah dont go doing anything that radical...Its actually quite catchy, I can see it doing well for him

I havent heard it nor do i want to but he is a f*cking joke,posing as a rock star :mad:

Maz
31/10/2005, 9:23 AM
I havent heard it nor do i want to but he is a f*cking joke,posing as a rock star :mad:
Ah Anto, listen to it before you go all lakez about it. He can pose all he wants, people buy into it all

The Stars
31/10/2005, 11:04 AM
he is a rock star.....its just that his record label have him doing rock-pop.
He went to the same primary school as me and was a rocker back then aswell.At one of the school christmas concerts he broke the micro phone like a typical rocker.

Maz
31/10/2005, 11:09 AM
He went to the same primary school as me and was a rocker back then aswell.At one of the school christmas concerts he broke the micro phone like a typical rocker.
Wouldnt he have to get at least 1 number 1 to ever be considered a rock "star"

The Stars
31/10/2005, 12:31 PM
ya sure he does,hopefully he will push westlife off top spot

gustavo
31/10/2005, 1:46 PM
yeah and give the town of Sligo something to be really proud of:)

sligoman
31/10/2005, 1:47 PM
yeah and give the town of Sligo something to be really proud of:)Eh, Sligo Rovers;)

gustavo
31/10/2005, 5:58 PM
ya sure he does,hopefully he will push westlife off top spot

thats what i was referring to .

sligoman
01/11/2005, 12:15 AM
I havent heard it nor do i want to but he is a f*cking joke,posing as a rock star :mad:Jealousy is a terrible thing Anto;) :p

Gareth
01/11/2005, 9:11 AM
Jesus lads, the charts really are poorly. So many great tunes are completely overshadowed by Westlife singles. God bless our single buying population.

finlma
01/11/2005, 1:17 PM
The add on TV for that Westlife song is a joke:

"Every so often a song comes along that catches the heart of a nation"

What a load of sh1te. Its a terrible song, they're a terrible band and an embarrasment to our country.

gustavo
01/11/2005, 1:19 PM
Àt least you're not from Sligo . :(

sligoman
01/11/2005, 2:00 PM
Its a terrible song, they're a terrible band and an embarrasment to our country.In fairness, you cant really say their an embarassement to Ireland. I mean, they're a boyband, that's all, it doesn't make them an embarassment just cos you dont like them. Some people do/did like them, and that's what's made them big;)

I'm not a Westlife fan either but I wouldn't say they're an embarrasment

noby
01/11/2005, 2:16 PM

I am very indifferent to the likes of westlife and tabby. I don't get 'upset' over songs I don't like getting in the charts. In fact, I honestly couldn't tell you any of tabby's songs; but a sentence like that is a crock of ****, IMO.

You become a rock artist by playing/releasing rock songs, the same as any other genre. If you're happy to take the major label pay cheque and release pop songs, then you're more of a record company monkey than a rockstar. This is my opinion across the board, not a personal attack on tabby or anyone.

TBH, I've more respect for those people that stay true to their beliefs and go the independent/self-release route, whether their actual music is to my liking or not.

Anto McC
01/11/2005, 2:43 PM
Exactly Noby,great post

The Stars
01/11/2005, 4:00 PM
ya agree with that noby,but you can see where im coming from cant you...

Babysis
02/11/2005, 8:23 PM
Josh Grobhan does a version of "You raise Me Up". It was my aunt's favourite song while she was terminally ill.
Strange for my mum hearing it on TV now, but the westlife version is not as good I'm realiably informed.

gustavo
02/11/2005, 9:03 PM
I am very indifferent to the likes of westlife and tabby. I don't get 'upset' over songs I don't like getting in the charts. In fact, I honestly couldn't tell you any of tabby's songs; but a sentence like that is a crock of ****, IMO.

You become a rock artist by playing/releasing rock songs, the same as any other genre. If you're happy to take the major label pay cheque and release pop songs, then you're more of a record company monkey than a rockstar. This is my opinion across the board, not a personal attack on tabby or anyone.

TBH, I've more respect for those people that stay true to their beliefs and go the independent/self-release route, whether their actual music is to my liking or not.
so really 2 years ago you would have thought tabby was a respectable artist if you had heard of petronella

noby
03/11/2005, 7:23 AM
so really 2 years ago you would have thought tabby was a respectable artist if you had heard of petronella

Probably, yes. Not saying I'd like his music though. Never heard of Petronella.

Look it, he's done his slog, and now he might be quite content to do what he's doing now. Best of luck to him. I was speaking in general terms on 'the stars' comment

Aldini98
04/11/2005, 1:53 PM
My ex girlfriend is from Sligo and loved Westlife. She once declared (at a party) that they sold more records that The Chilli Peppers, I nearly f-ing died of embarassment.

The Stars
04/11/2005, 11:41 PM
I nearly f-ing died of embarassment.
well at least you dont have to carry that burden around with you everywhere like us sligo folk do

CollegeTillIDie
06/11/2005, 9:38 AM
My ex girlfriend is from Sligo and loved Westlife. She once declared (at a party) that they sold more records that The Chilli Peppers, I nearly f-ing died of embarassment.

You might have died of embarassment but the fundamental fact is that in sales figures she had a point. Even if the Peppers are way better than Westlife.

sligoman
06/11/2005, 8:01 PM
Boy band Westlife have held on to the number one spot in the charts for a second week with "You Raise Me Up", the Official UK Charts Company said on Sunday.

The cover version of a ballad originally performed by Californian singer Josh Groban is Westlife's first official single release since February 2004.

American singer-producer Pharrell was the week's highest new entry, claiming

the number three slot with "Can I Have It Like That", featuring singer Gwen Stefani.
Also new at number four was R&B singer Craig David with "Don't Love You No More."

Glamrock act Goldfrapp grabbed the only other new entry in the top ten with their "Number 1" falling some way short of that position at number nine.

Sheffield rockers Arctic Monkeys remained in second slot with "I Bet You Look Good On The Dancefloor", while all-girl trio the Sugababes slipped two places to number five with "Push The Button".

Los Angles burlesque act Pussycat Dolls celebrated nine weeks in the top ten for their "Don't Cha", featuring New York hip hop artist Busta Rhymes, which was steady at number six.

Robbie Williams was down two places at seven with "Tripping", Kate Bush's "King Of The Mountain" fell four to number eight and American actress-singer Hilary Duff's "Wake Up" was three lower in tenth place.

http://uk.news.yahoo.com/06112005/325/westlife-celebrate-weeks-top-charts.html

Green Tribe
07/11/2005, 1:44 PM
Boy band Westlife have held on to the number one spot in the charts for a second week with "You Raise Me Up", the Official UK Charts Company said on Sunday.

The cover version of a ballad originally performed by Californian singer Josh Groban is Westlife's first official single release since February 2004.

American singer-producer Pharrell was the week's highest new entry, claiming

the number three slot with "Can I Have It Like That", featuring singer Gwen Stefani.
Also new at number four was R&B singer Craig David with "Don't Love You No More."

Glamrock act Goldfrapp grabbed the only other new entry in the top ten with their "Number 1" falling some way short of that position at number nine.

Sheffield rockers Arctic Monkeys remained in second slot with "I Bet You Look Good On The Dancefloor", while all-girl trio the Sugababes slipped two places to number five with "Push The Button".

Los Angles burlesque act Pussycat Dolls celebrated nine weeks in the top ten for their "Don't Cha", featuring New York hip hop artist Busta Rhymes, which was steady at number six.

Robbie Williams was down two places at seven with "Tripping", Kate Bush's "King Of The Mountain" fell four to number eight and American actress-singer Hilary Duff's "Wake Up" was three lower in tenth place.

http://uk.news.yahoo.com/06112005/325/westlife-celebrate-weeks-top-charts.html

I think you're secretly proud of them sligoman, you do post a lot about them.....;)

sligoman
07/11/2005, 1:47 PM
I think you're secretly proud of them sligoman, you do post a lot about them.....;):mad:, It's music, so I posted about it:p

Lionel Ritchie
07/11/2005, 2:34 PM
You might have died of embarassment but the fundamental fact is that in sales figures she had a point. Even if the Peppers are way better than Westlife.

Until you come on here and back that up with some figures and stats -you're certifiably talking out your hole!

RHCP (not my type of band btw) have been consistent sellers globally since around 1988 and have been releasing records since 1984.

On the other hand there are entire territories of the planet where Westlife (that stupid, stupid, silly name looks more like a fcukin building society everytime I see it written down) don't have a record deal so don't even release records. Rather debilitating in a quest to outsell anyone.

Eire06
07/11/2005, 3:31 PM
less of the Westlife bashing Please..
Ya they are a boy band and don't write their own songs..
Get over it
At the end of the day they're 4 good-looking Irish lads who can hold a note and have taken advantage of that and they have done very well for themselves..
Fair play to them

If you don't like them that's fine its your choice but no need to put them down.. Even they will admit they're not the best band in the world..

There is way too many begrudgers in this country

gustavo
07/11/2005, 3:41 PM
only 2 of them can hold a note ....

Lionel Ritchie
07/11/2005, 4:29 PM
less of the Westlife bashing Please..
Ya they are a boy band and don't write their own songs..
Get over it
At the end of the day they're 4 good-looking Irish lads who can hold a note and have taken advantage of that and they have done very well for themselves..
Fair play to them

If you don't like them that's fine its your choice but no need to put them down.. Even they will admit they're not the best band in the world..

There is way too many begrudgers in this country

Garbage and nonsense.
Fcuk the begrudger begrudgers I say!!!

I'll never get this concept of "ah sure aren't they Irish and isn't it great".
It is Not.

I have no more empathy for them or no more desire to see them do well than I would have for the owners and profiteers of an Irish Nuclear Powerstation.

Both are bad for the environment. The latter -physical, the former -cultural.

They and the pop culture that they feed into and from give lousy, lousy messages and example -particularly to kids, on what is expected of them. Conform, tow the line, be one of the crowd and don't try to be different, if you do try to be different you will be punished emotionally and financially. Find the center of the road and don't digress or deviate from it.

Big of them and magnanimous too to not think of themselves as "the best band in the world"

A "band", by the way, by definition is a number of musicians performing pieces of music in concert. Westlife and their ilk fall far short of the mark to be described as anything like a "band".

They are something closer to a "male vocal and dance cabaret revue act" though I somehow don't think smash hits will be publishing the results of their Battle of the male vocal and dance cabaret revue acts any time soon.

M@ttitude
08/11/2005, 3:17 AM
Well said, I hate those fat dancing monkeys!

noby
08/11/2005, 7:46 AM
Now, fat dancing monkeys I'd pay to see.

On another note, I read in the paper that their new single has been recorder by 103 different artists since it was written in 2001. The two boys who wrote it call it their 'pension song', and can happily retire now.

Eire06
08/11/2005, 8:01 AM
Garbage and nonsense.
Fcuk the begrudger begrudgers I say!!!

I'll never get this concept of "ah sure aren't they Irish and isn't it great".
It is Not.

I have no more empathy for them or no more desire to see them do well than I would have for the owners and profiteers of an Irish Nuclear Powerstation.

Both are bad for the environment. The latter -physical, the former -cultural.

They and the pop culture that they feed into and from give lousy, lousy messages and example -particularly to kids, on what is expected of them. Conform, tow the line, be one of the crowd and don't try to be different, if you do try to be different you will be punished emotionally and financially. Find the center of the road and don't digress or deviate from it.

Big of them and magnanimous too to not think of themselves as "the best band in the world"

A "band", by the way, by definition is a number of musicians performing pieces of music in concert. Westlife and their ilk fall far short of the mark to be described as anything like a "band".

They are something closer to a "male vocal and dance cabaret revue act" though I somehow don't think smash hits will be publishing the results of their Battle of the male vocal and dance cabaret revue acts any time soon.

You seem to have a serious chip on your sholder..
Get over it..
Some people enjoy listening to their albums and I don't think anyone has the right to tell them what the should and shouldn't like

And on you comment on "ah sure aren't they Irish and isn't it great" it doesn't matter where they are from they are singing songs that people enjoy and make people happy and making good money for it Fair play to them I say no matter where they're from..

On you point that they are giving lousy messages and example to kids - thats crap
are they doing and promoting drugs and drink?
are they repeatedly using foul language?
have any of them been arrested for murder?
NO they haven't sorry where are the giving a 'lousy' example :rolleyes:

Fair play you don't like them yourself thats grand everyone has a right to an opinion!

REVIP
08/11/2005, 8:07 AM
well at least you dont have to carry that burden around with you everywhere like us sligo folk do

I was working in Mindanao in the Philippines four years ago, on the way to a meeting with miners in a mountain village.

The driver decided to stop at a village on the way for coffee and we went to the house of one of his friends.

On the wall there was a poster of the lovely lads. I had reached this place by flying Dublin-Bangkok-Manila-Zamboanga; 3-4 hours by jeep to a town called Ipil and two hours by jeep up a mountain track - and there they were.

I pointed to the poster and said, 'Westlife are Irish'.

'No', said the guy who owned the house, 'they are American. Like the Bee Gees'.

Sligo is safe from any association in that corner of the world!

Lionel Ritchie
08/11/2005, 9:20 AM
You seem to have a serious chip on your sholder..
Get over it..
Some people enjoy listening to their albums and I don't think anyone has the right to tell them what the should and shouldn't like

And on you comment on "ah sure aren't they Irish and isn't it great" it doesn't matter where they are from they are singing songs that people enjoy and make people happy and making good money for it Fair play to them I say no matter where they're from..

On you point that they are giving lousy messages and example to kids - thats crap
are they doing and promoting drugs and drink?
are they repeatedly using foul language?
have any of them been arrested for murder?
NO they haven't sorry where are the giving a 'lousy' example :rolleyes:

Fair play you don't like them yourself thats grand everyone has a right to an opinion!

I have no chip on my shoulder. I'm just drawing the line under being magnanimous and accomodating about their sh1te and the sh1te of others of their ilk. I'm done with it.

They are a cash cow, a front, a franchise -and they deflect attention away from quality music ...even quality pop music what little there is of it.

As for telling people what they should and shouldn't like -the organisations for which these guys are the front I refer to do this every day of the week "Once in a while a song comes along that captures the heart of a nation" Will they ever fcuk off like.

Finally -in regards giving good, bad or lousy example to anyone -I'd have to start with there assinine, homogenised, elevator music. That gives absolutely appalling example to anyone and has the effect of closing kids off to other musical influence as they and their kind have contributed to the middle of the road narrowing to no wider than the white line.

I don't read smash hits, the tabs or the glossies so I'm not particularly up to speed on whether they like to get smashed, use illicit substances or whatever -and frankly so long as they do it behind closed doors -I can't give a rats ass if they sniff glue through a home made bong.

I did notice though that McFadden was held up as some sort of a victim on the news recently after he'd a speeding charge (clocked doing 120+MPH on the M50) thrown out due to unseemly delay or some other nonsense.
If he flipped burgers in super macs I have my doubts that'd have happened.

Oh I forgot he's not in Westlife anymore. He 's a "serious" artist now -W@nker!:rolleyes:

Eire06
08/11/2005, 9:34 AM
I have no chip on my shoulder. I'm just drawing the line under being magnanimous and accomodating about their sh1te and the sh1te of others of their ilk. I'm done with it.

They are a cash cow, a front, a franchise -and they deflect attention away from quality music ...even quality pop music what little there is of it.

As for telling people what they should and shouldn't like -the organisations for which these guys are the front I refer to do this every day of the week "Once in a while a song comes along that captures the heart of a nation" Will they ever fcuk off like.

Finally -in regards giving good, bad or lousy example to anyone -I'd have to start with there assinine, homogenised, elevator music. That gives absolutely appalling example to anyone and has the effect of closing kids off to other musical influence as they and their kind have contributed to the middle of the road narrowing to no wider than the white line.

I don't read smash hits, the tabs or the glossies so I'm not particularly up to speed on whether they like to get smashed, use illicit substances or whatever -and frankly so long as they do it behind closed doors -I can't give a rats ass if they sniff glue through a home made bong.

I did notice though that McFadden was held up as some sort of a victim on the news recently after he'd a speeding charge (clocked doing 120+MPH on the M50) thrown out due to unseemly delay or some other nonsense.
If he flipped burgers in super macs I have my doubts that'd have happened.

Oh I forgot he's not in Westlife anymore. He 's a "serious" artist now -W@nker
If your 'done with it' why don't you just ignore them, instead of going on and on and on and on about them...:rolleyes:
Its obvious now you secretly love them and your embarrassed to admit it..
its ok you can get counselling so you can learn not to be ashamed of your feelings ;)

And about Brian McF court appearance, I think its our legal system you should be criticising for that one not Westlife who have nothing to do with it :rolleyes:

Lionel Ritchie
08/11/2005, 9:51 AM
If your 'done with it' why don't you just ignore them, instead of going on and on and on and on about them...:rolleyes:
Its obvious now you secretly love them and your embarrassed to admit it..
its ok you can get counselling so you can learn not to be ashamed of your feelings ;)

And about Brian McF court appearance, I think its our legal system you should be criticising for that one not Westlife who have nothing to do with it :rolleyes:

I said I'm done with being magnanimous and accomodating of them and their ilk. Three posts is hardly going on and on. I don't think I'm repeating myself either. I think what they're involved in is an evil of sorts and it should be named.

Doubtless there's much for which I should be citicising our legal system. In this instance would you rather I should criticise it for
(a) not landing him in the 'Joy for a few nights,
(b) for not giving him a hefty community service order or
(c) for making it illegal to drive at 120+mph on the M50?

Eire06
08/11/2005, 10:00 AM
I said I'm done with being magnanimous and accomodating of them and their ilk. Three posts is hardly going on and on. I don't think I'm repeating myself either. I think what they're involved in is an evil of sorts and it should be named.

Doubtless there's much for which I should be citicising our legal system. In this instance would you rather I should criticise it for
(a) not landing him in the 'Joy for a few nights,
(b) for not giving him a hefty community service order or
(c) for making it illegal to drive at 120+mph on the M50?

Your having a laugh 'evil' seriously come on!!:rolleyes:
What exactly is evil about Westlife please tell me??
They sing songs which some people enjoy listening to and they are making a good wage out of it what is so wrong with that??

You can criticise the legal system for whatever you like but I don't think you can blame Brian McFadden or westlife for his case being thrown out of court:confused:

Lionel Ritchie
08/11/2005, 10:33 AM
Your having a laugh 'evil' seriously come on!!:rolleyes:
What exactly is evil about Westlife please tell me??
They sing songs which some people enjoy listening to and they are making a good wage out of it what is so wrong with that??

You can criticise the legal system for whatever you like but I don't think you can blame Brian McFadden or westlife for his case being thrown out of court:confused:

Eire if I start repeating myself now it's because you're asking me to.
Westlife -and to be fair a good few like them -are a corporate cash cow designed to separate little kids in partcular from what disposable cash they have as neatly as possible.
The companies behind them utilise an entire industry of childrens TV and media to do this and are quite cynical in how they go about it. For example -at the height of Westlifes popularity -some 3 or even 4 years ago now I'm guessing -if you went to westlifes website, as I'm sure many kids do, you met a frontpage that was predominanty pop-ups that led you to VIP area.
This was where you had to go get mommy and her Visa -because if you wanted to access anything of remote substance you had to pay for membership -kinda like a porn site. Legal yes. Cynical yes also.

But heh that's only money. It's the music I have the biggest "chip on my shoulder" about as you put it -and I have every bit as much right to consider it vile and destructive and -yes evil -as anyone else has to think it's fab.

There is a message contained not just in their horrible records but in their considerable success that people -and in particular young people pick up on their radar ...and that message is that if you want to get on in that business you'd better play it safe, take the easier path, hide your own personality behind a more "marketable" brand. (you see it any given week on X-factor with contestants being told to "just get up there and be yourself" when if they're truthful what they mean to say is "get up there and be the best Karaoke king/queen you can be").

Their music and their success tells kids that if you try to be yourself and try to express yourself in your own way -you'll be nailed, marginalised and ignored. Not making waves is the way to go.

That Eire -as far as I am concerned - is an evil and deserves to be named as such.

Eire06
08/11/2005, 10:48 AM
Eire if I start repeating myself now it's because you're asking me to.
Westlife -and to be fair a good few like them -are a corporate cash cow designed to separate little kids in partcular from what disposable cash they have as neatly as possible.
The companies behind them utilise an entire industry of childrens TV and media to do this and are quite cynical in how they go about it. For example -at the height of Westlifes popularity -some 3 or even 4 years ago now I'm guessing -if you went to westlifes website, as I'm sure many kids do, you met a frontpage that was predominanty pop-ups that led you to VIP area.
This was where you had to go get mommy and her Visa -because if you wanted to access anything of remote substance you had to pay for membership -kinda like a porn site. Legal yes. Cynical yes also.

But heh that's only money. It's the music I have the biggest "chip on my shoulder" about as you put it -and I have every bit as much right to consider it vile and destructive and -yes evil -as anyone else has to think it's fab.

There is a message contained not just in their horrible records but in their considerable success that people -and in particular young people pick up on their radar ...and that message is that if you want to get on in that business you'd better play it safe, take the easier path, hide your own personality behind a more "marketable" brand. (you see it any given week on X-factor with contestants being told to "just get up there and be yourself" when if they're truthful what they mean to say is "get up there and be the best Karaoke king/queen you can be").

Their music and their success tells kids that if you try to be yourself and try to express yourself in your own way -you'll be nailed, marginalised and ignored. Not making waves is the way to go.

That Eire -as far as I am concerned - is an evil and deserves to be named as such.

Oh dear God you need help!!
Yes they advertise and make money from merchandise as do nearly every band that has a record contract you cannot criticise just Westlife for that, the likes of U2 and Greenday do the exact same to market themselves..

How are Westlife, their musin and their success telling kids that they have to act a certain way and that they can't express themselves?? Can you explain it because I can't see it and your comments are not making any sense..

I'd understand if you were on about the Prodigy's song 'Smack My b!tch up' promoting violence towards Women but Westlife come on all they do is sing a few Ballads:rolleyes:

Lionel Ritchie
08/11/2005, 11:10 AM
Eire this is disintegrating into a really tired and tawdry handbags about how sh1te or not Westlife are.

I'm not explaining for a third time how and why I believe Westlife and their kind are a pox.

If you want to debate the considerable relative merits of The Prodigys 'Smack My Bitch Up' I suggest you start a new topic on it -where I'll be happy to joust. Stick on topic.