PDA

View Full Version : Forum Homepage

dahamsta
05/05/2002, 1:31 AM
As you can see, the front page is getting a bit packed now, what with all the teams added in. This isn't too bad for me on ISDN, but I imagine it can be quite annoying for those of you on 56k. So how can I fix it? I could move First Division into a lower category, but is this a good idea? Any suggestions will be most welcome.

adam

James
05/05/2002, 11:06 AM
i know the new season hasnt started and it might therefore be a bit premature, but i think its safe to say that, dub city, kilkenny , kildare ..and quite a few other div 1 clubs wont have anything or very much being posted besides what non-fans of these clubs post so why not have either

A: just a general div 1 forum, not seperate sections per club

B: have a seperate forum for the big div 1 clubs and and others section for the not so busy ones... then if say a paticular club in the others sections actually takes off they can earn their own seperate forum..

again its all back to supply and demand theory

dahamsta
06/05/2002, 6:18 PM
As you can see, the front page looks manky if I try and tidy up the hierarchy. Hmmm...

All of what you say is true James, but we have to remember that one of the goals of Foot.ie is to /encourage/ discussion. Kilkenny and Kildare mightn't get much traffic, but surely we'd like to see them get more? I mean, we could just put the popular forums on the front page, but then we run the risk of people from the quieter clubs coming in and thinking we don't give a toss about them. It's tricky...

adam

Neil
06/05/2002, 6:46 PM
I'd say leave it the way it was for the time being.

pete
08/05/2002, 5:06 PM
I think the homepage is looking a bit cluttered so maybe just

- have like to "First Division" & can access the individual sections inside that?

- otherwise group the less popular clubs together & if they prove they got enough traffic for themselves give their own section?

Overall need less links on homepage in my humble opinion.

btw been offline for last week so is the news section supposed to be just news as opposed to discussion threads?

:confused:

James
08/05/2002, 5:50 PM
pete is that or is that not pretty much word for word what i said..:D plagerist

pete
09/05/2002, 10:42 AM
Originally posted by James
pete is that or is that not pretty much word for word what i said..:D plagerist

Nah plagarism would be if I copied word for word. I also added might be good idea to have 1st division sections off the hompage & one level below.....

;)

Xlex
09/05/2002, 12:21 PM
I think to place the first division pages or forums that don't attract regular traffic a layer below everythig else segregates these forums... to some supporters this would smack of elitism, which the eL message board never did. take both the premier division and the first division and link them on the home page.

Neil
09/05/2002, 12:24 PM
Originally posted by Xlex
I think to place the first division pages or forums that don't attract regular traffic a layer below everythig else segregates these forums... to some supporters this would smack of elitism, which the eL message board never did. take both the premier division and the first division and link them on the home page.

I'd agree with that.

Éanna
09/05/2002, 12:51 PM
Originally posted by Neil
I'd agree with that.
Sounds like the fairest option.