PDA

View Full Version : Advertising Audit for the FAI Cup Final

Pages : [1] 2

A face
29/10/2005, 12:40 PM
Just so we see what the FAI actually to to rasie the profile of this event.

They have info on their website ....

http://www.fai.ie/article.asp?hlid=320667&...navlid=&sublid=

What else have they done .... anyone heard/seen anything ??

EireBadBoy
29/10/2005, 2:36 PM
the silence is deafening!

centre mid
29/10/2005, 3:11 PM
In fairness with the Venue debalce being played out they got plenty of press coverage,

A face
29/10/2005, 3:20 PM
In fairness with the Venue debalce being played out they got plenty of press coverage,

Its an advertising audit though !!

Drumcondra Red
30/10/2005, 9:37 AM
Its probably going to be left up to the fans to publisise!

Philo
30/10/2005, 10:36 AM
Its probably going to be left up to the fans to publisise!

In fairness, the FAI are genuinely not able to think for themselves so it might be a good thing if fans do bombard them with promotional ideas.

sligoman
31/10/2005, 10:06 PM
In fairness, the FAI are genuinely not able to think for themselves so it might be a good thing if fans do bombard them with promotional ideas.They should be giving free tickets out to schools in the Dublin area

A face
31/10/2005, 11:29 PM
They should be giving free tickets out to schools in the Dublin area

Well maybe the Cork and Drogheda area first like !! :p

Still having heard anything though .... no adverts, nothing !!

Block G Raptor
01/11/2005, 1:41 PM
we should treat the cup final like we do european games fans from all el clubs should go just to get the crowd in, if we were to fill landsdowne it would look amazing on tv and barstoolers might just sit up and take notice
I'll be there anyway........... will u ?

sligoman
01/11/2005, 2:14 PM
Well maybe the Cork and Drogheda area first like !! :pWell I know that but it's more likely that kids in the Dublin area could go rather than kids in the Cork area. Drogheda isn't too bad though, give some out there too;)

pete
01/11/2005, 5:04 PM
I've always thought of going to FAI Cup final in Lansdowne as a neutral but never bothered really. When games have been in Tolka i've thought of going.

thomas
01/11/2005, 5:49 PM
Surely they should be flogging the terrace tickets for a fiver and stand tickets for a tenner? they got 30,000 for bray v st. francis doing something similar.

pete
01/11/2005, 6:00 PM
What a pack of moaners ye are! What are ye like expect advertising of some sort???

:rolleyes:

A face
02/11/2005, 12:49 PM
I actually didn't anticipate this but i suppose it belongs in here.

FAI using TicketMaster (http://foot.ie/showthread.php?t=30902) as a mean of giving out tickets = Counter-Active measure for Cup Final.

Its an own goal ..... undoing what they have already ... err ... done !! :( :o

Roo69
02/11/2005, 12:57 PM
Surely they should be flogging the terrace tickets for a fiver and stand tickets for a tenner? they got 30,000 for bray v st. francis doing something similar.

and that was back in 1990 when things were even worse, i don't think there was a sinner left in Bray that day........ I was a schoolboy back then, think my ticket was 2/3 quid at the time.

harpskid
02/11/2005, 10:05 PM
I'll be there anyway

ccfcman
03/11/2005, 9:25 AM
i doubt this ticket master businness will go ahead though

Réiteoir
04/11/2005, 5:49 PM
I'll probably head over

A face
10/11/2005, 10:05 PM
Lads .... if any of you feel inclined at any stage ... maybe send a mail ot info@fai.ie asking what kind of advertising there will be for the game .... just jog their memory a bit !!

pete
11/11/2005, 10:13 AM
I haven't seen any advert for FAI Cup final yet.

Cosmo
11/11/2005, 10:20 AM
I haven't seen any advert for FAI Cup final yet.

In fairness, it's over 3 weeks away - I know a load of drogs who don't even have tickets yet

ColinR
11/11/2005, 10:44 AM
apparently the fai have wrote to clubs and schools in both cork and drogheda, offering the chance for a 'limited' number of group tickets (3adults and 17 children) - all the tickets are for the terraces. fair play to them, hopefully 'limited' doesn't mean 20 tickets at each end.

blutil
11/11/2005, 2:55 PM
its on the fai.ie front page now

A face
12/11/2005, 4:24 PM
its on the fai.ie front page now

Where ??

blutil
12/11/2005, 4:37 PM
right in the middle of the page

Buller
12/11/2005, 4:51 PM
Well I cant seem to find it either! This is the right page right?! www.fai.ie/ (http://www.fai.ie/)

A face
12/11/2005, 6:18 PM
right in the middle of the page

I was asking where the info on the 20 ticket pakage was .... not the time of the game. The first post on the thread says this to be fair .... when i was saying advertising, i was on about Radio, TV, Newspapers, trailing banners from planes, hot air ballons and the like ..... not just the time on their site !!

harry crumb
21/11/2005, 4:05 PM
ive seen nothing in advertising.

Cosmo
21/11/2005, 7:56 PM
Drogs doing a bit themselves - 800 posters have been put up arpund the town and the surrounding areas over the last few days (well 800 printed, but im sure most of them will be out up) - plus this has been a major success and you cant missit scotch hall http://www.droghedaunited.ie/scripts/Article.asp?ArticleID=473

NY Hoop
22/11/2005, 1:13 PM
Cosmo that is superb stuff. All in the timing of course with Scotch Hall just opening. No reason why you shouldnt be getting huge crowds considering you have the largest town in the state.

But as usual the FAIlure have done nothing to market their showpiece.

KOH

pete
22/11/2005, 1:54 PM
Tickets selling very well for City areas, rumoured to be 8k sold already. Going for the double will boost numbers too.

Cosmo
22/11/2005, 5:02 PM
Cosmo that is superb stuff. All in the timing of course with Scotch Hall just opening. No reason why you shouldnt be getting huge crowds considering you have the largest town in the state.

KOH

It's a pity the ticket machine is in the clubhouse - tickets arent on sale in scotch hall unfortunately.

They cant order in enough merchandise either - hope jako can keep up with demand- the club seem to be doing very well on that score, and fair play to them!! that stand in scotch hall was a brilliant initiative!! Player down there every day to sign autographs for the kids (or just chat about the match!!)

the club even ran out of bunting yesterday - people are doing up their own gafs, looks good :)

Heard ads on LMFM too - not sure if drogs arranged this themselves too - well its an ad saying to get up to lansdowne to support the drogs :D

holidaysong
22/11/2005, 5:43 PM

KOH

I think you will find that in the last census Dundalk had a bigger population than Drogheda. :cool:

Cosmo, the Scotch Hall idea is a great one I must say. DUFC must be rolling it in (not too sure about "The Pride of County Louth" flag though :p ) ! Any idea on how many tickets you have sold already? Enjoy your day out next weekend.

ndrog
22/11/2005, 7:06 PM
Well HOLIDAYSONG , not gonna get into a my towns bigger than yours argument, but in the last census Drogheda was definetly bigger than Dundalk.Drogheda is the biggest town in Ireland population wise.We have been invaded by thousands of dubs for god sake!

Profile: Drogheda

Located on the M1 30 miles north of Dublin city centre, the town is in the capital's commuter belt and, as a result, is experiencing considerable population growth. With a population of over 28,000, according to the census, Drogheda is the largest town in the state. The population increased by nearly 16 per cent between 1996 and 2002 - almost twice the national average increase.

This growth within the town has been mirrored in the greater Drogheda area. It is predicted that the greater Drogheda area, incorporating parts of south Co Louth and east Co Meath, could have a population of over 70,000.

Jerry The Saint
24/11/2005, 9:23 AM
Well HOLIDAYSONG , not gonna get into a my towns bigger than yours argument, but in the last census Drogheda was definetly bigger than Dundalk.Drogheda is the biggest town in Ireland population wise.We have been invaded by thousands of dubs for god sake!

Profile: Drogheda

Located on the M1 30 miles north of Dublin city centre, the town is in the capital's commuter belt and, as a result, is experiencing considerable population growth. With a population of over 28,000, according to the census, Drogheda is the largest town in the state. The population increased by nearly 16 per cent between 1996 and 2002 - almost twice the national average increase.

This growth within the town has been mirrored in the greater Drogheda area. It is predicted that the greater Drogheda area, incorporating parts of south Co Louth and east Co Meath, could have a population of over 70,000.

I don't know about that, I'm pretty sure Cork has a population greater than that which would make it the biggest town in Ireland. Another trophy for Leeside - it's been quite a year for them!

ndrog
24/11/2005, 11:43 AM
I hope thats a poor atempt at sarcasm.You do know Cork is a city dont you ? Please say you know that there is other cities outside dublin.

pete
24/11/2005, 2:22 PM
Cork City probably has 1/3 population of Dublin when include the commuter towns.

Jerry The Saint
24/11/2005, 2:32 PM
I hope thats a poor atempt at sarcasm.You do know Cork is a city dont you ? Please say you know that there is other cities outside dublin.

Oh sure, places like Kilkenny, Armagh and Sligo you mean? They really just big towns though aren't they?

ndrog
24/11/2005, 5:53 PM
Do you know the criteria for becoming a city or what? What the **** is your point ? All these places are smaller than Dublin.So f@ckin what.....

A face
24/11/2005, 7:19 PM
Lads .... can people rattle off an email to info@fai.ie

There seriously seems to be nothing being done by the FAI on this .... unless i am totally missing it.

pete
25/11/2005, 10:23 AM
Any Carlsberg promotions?

Saw elsewhere 12k tickets sold already.

holidaysong
25/11/2005, 10:46 AM
It is on Aertel page 229 (http://www.rte.ie/aertel/p229.htm) that "..one thousand free tickets have been made available to schools and schoolboy clubs in the Cork and Drogheda areas for the game."

Also, "..due to the huge demand for tickets...the FAI has decided to open the East Upper Stand to facilitate supporters on the day."

harry crumb
27/11/2005, 6:01 PM
Well Red FM in Cork in conjunction with Carlsberg are giving a VIP trip away to the Cup final next week.

So that something.:o

I pray that there will be more than the usual 2 captains with the Cup in some Dublin hotel as the only promotion tool.

There will be c. 20,000 at the game, but why should we accept that. Why not 25,000.

Cosmo
27/11/2005, 11:06 PM
Any Carlsberg promotions?

Just back from the pub and some dude was going around vouchers for free pints of carlsberg :p and raffle tickets to win free tickets to the cup final. He said he was doing a hit on all the pubs in the town tonight

A face
28/11/2005, 12:34 AM
There are adverts on Chorus Sports to win ten pairs of tickets for the final. Thing is ... calls are €1.20 and texts are 65c X 2 (you need to text twice) so i dont think this is the FAI, just someone who has gone and got tickets and is trying to clean up.

Although .... the advert has the official FAI Crest, could it be them i wonder ?? Anyone see these ads ??

A face
29/11/2005, 10:55 PM
FAI schools ticket offer proves popular

The FAI’s decision to allocate 20 free FAI Carlsberg Cup final tickets per school to many primary schools in the Drogheda area has proved extremely popular – with the entire allocation snapped up in less than two hours.

The schools receiving the free tickets are St.Paul’s, St.John’s, St.Peter’s, St.Joseph’s, Congress Ave, Scoil Aonghusa, Marymount (all Drogheda), Slane, Cartown, Bellewstown, Donacarney, Gaelscoil na Ríthe and St.Michael’s Trim.

Read more at www.eleven-a-side.com (http://www.eleven-a-side.com/faicup/irish_soccer_detail.asp?newsid=20192)

Cosmo
30/11/2005, 6:50 PM
Big ad in todays star - also good piece on the rte news today and yesterday.

Drogheda Independent was fantastic today :)

Block G Raptor
01/12/2005, 2:47 PM
Great when smaller towns/Cities get teams in the final
you dont get the buzz in dublin when its two dublin clubs in the final
fair play
c'mon the DROGGGGGGGGGGS

rebs23
02/12/2005, 12:19 PM
Great when smaller towns/Cities get teams in the final
you dont get the buzz in dublin when its two dublin clubs in the final
fair play
c'mon the DROGGGGGGGGGGS

Ahem St Francis V Bray 1990!!!!!!

Cork City one of our smaller cities!!!250,000-300,000
Drogheda one of our smaller towns!!! 40-50,000

Oh you Dubs really do know how to wind us up!

Peadar
05/12/2005, 11:44 AM
The FAIlures maintained their trademark lack of foresight yesterday by ensuring that many people were unable to get a programme. Well done to all involved. :rolleyes:

By the way, what did Carlsberg do to promote the game yesterday?
Sent their poxy band around the pitch at half-time?
You're a terrible sponsor and we can do without that muppet who represented you in the programme (which I had to borrow to read). Her patronising, cliche riddled drivel was alone enough to put me off your brand.