PDA

View Full Version : Shels back in title hunt?

Pages : [1] 2

sfc red
28/10/2005, 11:35 PM
Six points behind with four winable games to go.... the experience of winning the title two years in a row.... the lack of pressure on us.... playing some superb football... the form team in the league... top two still to play each other....6 clean sheets out of last seven... strikers on top scoring form.... who knows??????

Risteard
28/10/2005, 11:42 PM
Oh definately sfc red.
I mean City only have the games left to throw away.
And Derry, they're bound to choke some more.
Been living off poxy luck all season.
If i was you, i'd defo be getting my hopes up.;)

Slash/ED
28/10/2005, 11:49 PM
We've no chance at all, end of story.

sonofstan
29/10/2005, 12:04 AM
the only consolation in this miserable season has been watching your galacticos spectacularly fail to earn their tax- free wedge. If the unthinkable happened, I think I'd shoot myself, but I'd take Rico and Kenny with me first - (could I make it to Derry, then Cork and beat the Law?)

SPXcyan
29/10/2005, 12:05 AM
I agree with Slash....cork or derry to win it..sowie shels!!

ThatGuy
29/10/2005, 12:59 AM
Of course Shels have a chance.

They have the best players in Ireland, and are only six points behind.

Damien Richardson and Stpehen Kenny are proven "bottlers". I don't think that Shelbourne will win the league, and I hope that they don't, but they certainly have a very good chance.

ThatGuy
29/10/2005, 1:01 AM
:rolleyes:

Why play down your realistic chances here? You're not the manager, you don't have to play "mind games". What is said here is irrelevant.

Shelbourne have the best squad in Ireland, like it or not, it is a fact. Player for player they have better players than any other team.

The two teams ahead are managed by managers who have a reputation for bottling pressure situations.

They are only 6 points behind and the top teams have to play eachother.

It is unlikely that Shels will win the league, but "no chance at all"????
Absolute nonsense.

Slash/ED
29/10/2005, 1:05 AM
Well no chance at all is maybe nonsense until it is mathematically certain, but it is highly unlikely

ThatGuy
29/10/2005, 1:13 AM
Well if Bohs were only six points behind teams managed by Richardson and Kenny and had better players than any other team I would fancy our chances that is for sure.

Anything less than winning the league is a failure for Shelboure anyway, it is not as if you have to play down expectations etc.

Gareth
29/10/2005, 8:14 AM
The reality is this:

To get rid of Shels from the title race Derry and Cork need 7 points. 6 points would leave it open to goal difference, and this is only if Shels win the remaining four games. Derry need 7 points from 12. Cork need 7 points from 15. Shels play Cork so its in Shels hands to recude Cork max points tally possible to 12 too. So to definately remove Shels:

Cork need: 2 wins and a draw from 5 games.
Derry need: 2 wins and a draw from 4 games.

This is all based on Shels winning 12 points out of 12.

Is it possible. Everything is possible until its not. Unlikely yes. Holding out hope, yes.

CollegeTillIDie
29/10/2005, 8:28 AM
Shels are a good outside bet for second place at this point in time. And they still have a remote mathematical chance of winning the League which would improve if the top two drop points on Monday again.

Raheny Red
29/10/2005, 8:39 AM
C'mon lads lets be optimistic and make the most of a **** season!!
ndo and weso were quality last night............................................. .........magical heros!!!;)

If the unthinkable happened, I think I'd shoot myself,

Us shels wouldn't want to see that now would we:D

centre mid
29/10/2005, 8:43 AM
you can still get 20/1 Shels to win the league

Buile Shuibhne
29/10/2005, 11:57 AM

I agree

Dodge
29/10/2005, 12:01 PM
Can see one of Cork or Derry faltering but probably not both.

Drumcondra Red
29/10/2005, 12:28 PM
No, it'd be nice though!!! :D

ccfcgirl
29/10/2005, 12:33 PM
Shels are in with a chance but to be honest I dont see them winning the League .Derry do have the easier run in though .But hopfully Cork city will win the league.

monkey magic
29/10/2005, 12:51 PM
chance? yes,

realistic? probably not.

as a point of interest who else can still mathematically win the league?

thejollyrodger
29/10/2005, 1:01 PM
2nd spot would be a god send:)

mchurl
29/10/2005, 1:45 PM
you always have a chance but realistically it ain't gonna happen now is it?:p

Speranza
29/10/2005, 2:45 PM
Oh definately sfc red.
I mean City only have the games left to throw away.
And Derry, they're bound to choke some more.
Been living off poxy luck all season.
If i was you, i'd defo be getting my hopes up.

Choke some more? You say this the day after you fail to beat a 9 man Pats team who by the admission of their own supporters are woeful. Luck? Would a penalty in the 92nd minute be classed as lucky?

Risteard
29/10/2005, 3:02 PM
Sarcasm

A face
29/10/2005, 3:32 PM
Would a penalty in the 92nd minute be classed as lucky?

Maybe but a blatant foul in the box has nothing to do with luck though, has it ??

Speranza
29/10/2005, 3:43 PM
Just like a team battling until the end and gettin late goals a few times isn't luck. I actually don't think that Cork were lucky but you seem to think our good form is all down to fortune.

sligoman
29/10/2005, 4:05 PM
I dont think Shels are still in it to be honest. Cork or Derry are the only teams who'll get the league;)

dcfcsteve
29/10/2005, 7:43 PM
Shels are a good outside bet for second place at this point in time. And they still have a remote mathematical chance of winning the League which would improve if the top two drop points on Monday again.

If Shels and Derry both beat Cork, then Shels could feasibly sneak into 2nd spot ! They'd need to start scoring a lot more goals though...

I still think Shels have left it too late to win the league though. They should've been more consistent earlier in the season....

Da Real Rover
30/10/2005, 8:29 AM
The bright side for us all next season is that we are going to have our best teams in ireland playing for us in Europe next season who are all capable of getting past the welsh and liechenstein giants.

Anto McC
30/10/2005, 11:45 AM
Personally i dont think Shels have a hope of still winning the title,If one of Cork or Derry f*cks up,the other wont

Rebal Boy
30/10/2005, 11:57 AM
We just have to win tomorrow theirs no question about it. I'd say Friday was just an off night for both us and Derry. Hopefully we'll get back to winning ways tomorrow afternoon and hopefully U.C.D can do us a favour.

crc
30/10/2005, 12:06 PM
as a point of interest who else can still mathematically win the league?no one else. Only Cork, Derry or Shels.

Bohs have 42 pts and 5 games left (potentially 15 points) 42 + 15 = 57. Shels already have 57 points and Cork and Derry have 63.

Drumcondra Red
30/10/2005, 12:07 PM
Rebal boy, when you are in a position of a two horse race you can't afford off nights, especially when it puts the 3rd place team withen a sniff of it too! I'd be very surprised if Shelbourne won it, although there is no reason why we can't sneak into 2nd place for a UEFA Cup spot, heres hoping anyway!!!

EnDai
30/10/2005, 5:46 PM
I'd be hopeful of second place at the moment, especially if UCD can hold Derry to a draw, or go one better!

Cork having that extra game in hand puts them out of reach unless Rico has something to say about it! ;)

If we win tomorrow and Derry don't, we'd be 4 points (maybe 3 depending on the result!) behind with 3 games to go. T'would be pretty bloody close!!

TonyD
30/10/2005, 6:26 PM
Damien Richardson and Stpehen Kenny are proven "bottlers".

I know Damien is still searching for that bottle he lost in the vicinity of Oriel Park on 1st May 1998:D , But I don't recall Stephen Kenny "bottling" anything. Bit harsh, no ?

junkie
30/10/2005, 6:52 PM
No matter how badly Rico or Kenny may bottle it Shels WILL NOT get close to the title. If we somehow did fluke it with some devine intervention we would be the most undeserving league champions ever.

Bald Student
30/10/2005, 7:02 PM
Cork or Derry may bottle it. It's unlikely that they both will.

thejollyrodger
30/10/2005, 7:10 PM
better chance than you's lot anyways;)

hoopy
30/10/2005, 7:13 PM
The bright side for us all next season is that we are going to have our best teams in ireland playing for us in Europe next season who are all capable of getting past the welsh and liechenstein giants.

Unfortunately that doesn't matter as Rico will still be the only manager with the balls to have a go

patsh
30/10/2005, 7:21 PM
$hels are 6 points behind with 4 games to go, of course they still have a chance.
We can't score to save our lives, Flynnie, the only player who was regularly getting the ball in the net might not be back until the last game of the season, and too many of our players are one card away from suspension.
72 to 75 points will be the winning total, and we simply won't score enough times to get that amount of points.:(

Ambaiste!
30/10/2005, 8:50 PM
Cork Will Be CRAPPING Themselfs For The Waterford Trip.

:D :D :D :D

sfc red
30/10/2005, 11:47 PM
the most undeserving league champions ever.

What utter crap that is. We've been very good at the start and end of the season. Ok, we had a major blip but any other season we'd have won it

RedX
31/10/2005, 12:08 AM
What utter crap that is. We've been very good at the start and end of the season. Ok, we had a major blip but any other season we'd have won it

In a proper league anywhere else in Europe Shelbourne FC would have been deduted points for attacking the officials and match photographer after your game against Drogs..you dont deserve to be anywhere near the league and you dont have anychance either...i have seen other messages you have posted recently and you are nothing short of a complete fcucking clown...:eek:

Speranza
31/10/2005, 12:34 AM
With a disgusting and offensive signature!

sfc red
31/10/2005, 12:49 AM
Wow, feeling the pressure are we boys

Longfordian
31/10/2005, 1:29 AM
Change that signature mate. You're needlessly offending people from this part of the world who don't see the situation as a banter-worthy occasion. This has been covered already on here

Speranza
31/10/2005, 2:02 PM
No, not at all. We have shown 3 times this season that we are better than you lot. The only thing I am enjoying as much as City back at the top is the fact that Ollie's attempt to buy the league title has failed miserably. Enjoy that race for third position :)

De Town
31/10/2005, 2:16 PM
is this the way to abbeylara
he only wanted 20 marlboro
and to see his sister tara
but they shot him anyway
change this you sick fcuker:mad:

dcfcsteve
31/10/2005, 2:21 PM
Unfortunately that doesn't matter as Rico will still be the only manager with the balls to have a go

Ehhhh ??? :confused:

Only Rico would have the balls to "have a go" at Europe ???

So Derry and Shels would pull-out ? :confused: Or Shels haven't had any balls in Europe for the last 2 seasons ?? :confused: Or SK would just let Derry roll-over and lose to anyone in Europe ??? :confused:

I think someone may have spent just a bit too long listening to Roddy's 'Im the best Manager in Ireland/the world' hype..... :D

dcfcsteve
31/10/2005, 2:26 PM
Wow, feeling the pressure are we boys

9 games since the mighty all-conquering Shels last beat Derry - including a string of times back in our 'weak' days prior to this season. So all pressure from Tolka-direction is welcomed with open arms on Foyleside. If only we could play you every week.....

That doesn't deflect from the fact that your signature is out of order scumbag. Change it before someone bans you...

hoopy
31/10/2005, 5:10 PM
Ehhhh ??? :confused:

Only Rico would have the balls to "have a go" at Europe ???

So Derry and Shels would pull-out ? :confused: Or Shels haven't had any balls in Europe for the last 2 seasons ?? :confused: Or SK would just let Derry roll-over and lose to anyone in Europe ??? :confused:

I think someone may have spent just a bit too long listening to Roddy's 'Im the best Manager in Ireland/the world' hype..... :D

What I'm saying is that Rico is the only manager who would send a team out, home or away in Europe, to try to win the game rather than not to lose. Stevie Wonder can tell that Cork are, by a mile, the best footballing team in the league and Rico tries to carry that over to the European games, unlike Nutsy who plays for the 'glorious' defeat. I'll gladly retract my comments if Stephen Kenny approaches your Euro games the same way as Rico does his

joeraki
31/10/2005, 5:38 PM
What I'm saying is that Rico is the only manager who would send a team out, home or away in Europe, to try to win the game rather than not to lose. Stevie Wonder can tell that Cork are, by a mile, the best footballing team in the league and Rico tries to carry that over to the European games, unlike Nutsy who plays for the 'glorious' defeat. I'll gladly retract my comments if Stephen Kenny approaches your Euro games the same way as Rico does his

Get your facts right before you post... for a change. Out of Corks good run in the UEFA this year how many games did they win and goals scored again