PDA

View Full Version : Corrupt Spanish Football?

hoops1
28/10/2005, 9:18 AM
As someone who watches Spanish football regularly I have
come to some conclusions

1 Its the best to watch
2 Its the most attacking
3 Barca and Real are the 2 Superpowers of world football
4 And most importantly its the most corrupt

You cannot touch a player form Barca or Real without giving a free away
The amount of dodgy penalties both get is unbelieveable
Two recent games are perfect examples of Daylight Robbery
Barca battered Malaga for 80mins but couldnt score
Then the ref who gave Barca a disgraceful penalty nearly burst into laughter

Madrid who played Valencia got a penalty it was such a bad decision Zidane looked embarrased and hit it so poorly Id say he nearly missed on purpose

I know most top teams get more than there share of penalties but some of these are an absolute joke

Would anyone agree with these points

wws
28/10/2005, 10:20 AM
the refs are meant to be just plain crap
even worse than ours.......
of course add in crap refs and historical enmities and you have paranoid O.T.T. reactions to every decision made in a game

thejollyrodger
28/10/2005, 10:24 AM
i think its a bit of a circus as well... for example most of the Reál Madrid players are asked to do stupid things and act like clowns for the supporters. They play players out of formation for the laugh of it all. Slap stick comedy but it should be left in the circus and not football.

finlma
28/10/2005, 10:33 AM
Its definitely the best league to watch and the most skillful. There are some strange reffing decisions but like wws says - I think its that the refs are useless and not corrupt.

hoops1
28/10/2005, 11:22 AM
Golden Balls got sent off and what happend
It was rescinded after, he doesnt get any suspension:eek:
Sure even the government clear Reals debts if the club cant.
Sure other teams did win the league but without the refereeing
hand that Barca and Real consistantly get

Éanna
28/10/2005, 1:45 PM
not corrupt. just bad refereeing.

gustavo
28/10/2005, 1:50 PM
It got rescinded cos it shouldnt have been a red card

lopez
28/10/2005, 3:14 PM
I think you've got a point Hoops. The big two do get too many favours. Depor denied a peno the other night too. Still didn't stop them stuffing Real but it could have. Undoubtedly the strongest league. Getafe first genuine leaders, now Osasuna. Barca moving up now. Meanwhile Athletic at the foot, a club that has never been relegated despite never signing a foreigner. Hope that doesn't happen. That season a few back when seven or eight clubs led the league at one stage or another was amazing.

hoops1
28/10/2005, 3:21 PM
It was a red card Did Rooney get his rescinded?No
sent off for the Exact same offence
Would hate to see Athletico relegated they seem to have a great history
and tradition

4tothefloor
28/10/2005, 8:07 PM
Rooney was not sent off for the exact same offence. Rooney clapped his hands right in the referees face after he had been booked already. Warrants a 2nd yellow, so a red card.

Beckham clapped the referee BEFORE he was even booked, and continued clapping with his back turned to the ref as he retreated to his position. Hardly in his face, and the ref saw his initial clap before he booked him. There was no way that the ref had a right to issue two cards for the same incident.

Risteard
28/10/2005, 11:08 PM
Far and away the best league.

Barca and Madrid defo get the 50/50 decisions alright but thats a trend usually with the top teams in a league especially with famous faces.
Ronaldinho easily wins free-kicks for nothing. Ditto with Beckham.

Which is a shame cos for me the best thing about spanish footie is the level of skill that the teams in the chasing pack have such as Villareal and Atletico

sligoman
28/10/2005, 11:22 PM
Could this not just be a case of bad refereeing rather than them been corrupt?:confused:

jimbob117
31/10/2005, 12:41 AM
Meanwhile Athletic at the foot, a club that has never been relegated despite never signing a foreigner.

Doesnt Kezman play for them?.. or maybe your talking about bilbao???

Dodge
31/10/2005, 1:53 AM
Far and away the best league.

Barca and Madrid defo get the 50/50 decisions alright but thats a trend usually with the top teams in a league especially with famous faces.
Spot on. same in every league in the world. Here, Shels seem to get more than most while in england its Man U/Arsenal/Chelsea always getting the 50/50 decisions...

Doesnt Kezman play for them?.. or maybe your talking about bilbao???
Athletic = Athletic Bilbao (note the lack of Spanish)
Atletico = Atletico Madrid

anto eile
31/10/2005, 6:06 PM
athletic bilbao are simply referred to as athletic.
they sign only basques.thuogh theyd an english manager about 70 years ago iirc.

nb atletico madrid were fonded as the madrid branch of athletic

CollegeTillIDie
06/11/2005, 8:19 AM
athletic bilbao are simply referred to as athletic.
they sign only basques.thuogh theyd an english manager about 70 years ago iirc.

nb atletico madrid were fonded as the madrid branch of athletic
A lot of other clubs in the Basque region who play in the Spanish League do not sign players from other parts of Spain. Real Sociedad had a policy of ony signing Basques and Catalan up to the time they signed John Aldridge if I am not mistaken. I think Toshack was the manager when they began signing "foreigners".

Dodge
06/11/2005, 11:46 AM
Sociedead still won't sign a player from other parts of Spain (i.e not Basque...) They'll sign foreignors but not other Spanierds.

Athletic were foing to sign foreigners of "basque origin" (mainly colombian/venezuelans) but they decided against it when they were told there were thouisands of spaniards of basque origin and they could open that avenue up. They decided to stay local.

lopez
06/11/2005, 1:50 PM
A lot of other clubs in the Basque region who play in the Spanish League do not sign players from other parts of Spain. Real Sociedad had a policy of ony signing Basques and Catalan up to the time they signed John Aldridge if I am not mistaken. I think Toshack was the manager when they began signing "foreigners".

Sociedead still won't sign a player from other parts of Spain (i.e not Basque...) They'll sign foreignors but not other Spanierds.

Athletic were foing to sign foreigners of "basque origin" (mainly colombian/venezuelans) but they decided against it when they were told there were thouisands of spaniards of basque origin and they could open that avenue up. They decided to stay local.Sociedad and Athletic Bilbao sign players from Navarra which voted in 1982 not to join the Basque region. Many of these players come from the south of the region which is solidly Spanish. However, recently Athletic have signed players from Rioja which is historically a part of Castille but borders Euskadi. Then there are the players that they sign born within the Basque country that consider themselves Spanish. To be fair to both clubs, they try to keep their political views under wraps and certainly Bilbao just want to sign local talent.

Far from calling this discrimination - it isn't unless the Basque players are asked for their political views - I think it gains a lot of sympathy amongst people within Spain where mercenaries are the prevalent (e.g. Deportivo currently have not one player born in Galicia). In fact Athletic are still seen as the most favourite second club across Spain. As for Sociedad, any club that continues to call themselves 'Royal Society' and uses the Castillian name of their city in its title can hardly claim to be the athletic wing of ETA.

hoops1
07/11/2005, 12:39 PM
Just to rturn to the original post
Madrid got not one but two penalties last night
Both dubious imo!

thejollyrodger
07/11/2005, 12:44 PM
sure the espana fa does anything to accomadate the fascists

lopez
08/11/2005, 10:19 AM
sure the espana fa does anything to accomadate the fascistsErmm.... If you checked out my post on Barcelona and Joan LaPorta's brother - in law, you'll find fascists in the oddest of places.:eek: