PDA

View Full Version : We'll get through the Summer

Fergie's Son
28/10/2005, 1:15 AM
So I'm pulling an all-nighter here at the office. Busier than I ever want to be and mostly cranky. Like most, if not all, of you I am very upset about the WC. I was in Japan, I was in Paris, Dublin and Basel. I love the national team and the fans and it's one of the things I miss most about home (after my Mam, Dad and sisters :) ).

That said, I'm going to be miserable this summer. Let us, however, help each other through this. More reports of new players, analysis of teams in the WC who may be in our qualifying group and lastly, some encouragement that the best is ahead of us!

as_i_say
28/10/2005, 7:43 AM
and heres hoping for more entertaining defeats of england/switzerland/turkey and any other footballing country one is supposed to hate during said competition ;)

Dublin12
28/10/2005, 9:44 AM
Or just do like me,I'm off to Canada next June for the Grand Prix in Montreal,will stay around there for 3 weeks,won't be much World Cup coverage over there.

paul_oshea
28/10/2005, 9:54 AM
sisters

you can be happy in the thought il look after your sisters for ye if you want. ;) :D

its going to be tough being over here in tanland when the world cup comes around.

Green Army Girl
28/10/2005, 10:16 AM
You have the right idea Dublin 12 getting the hell out of her for the summer to heading of on Jan 18th 2006 to Australia (how do i manage to get these digs in on these threads) Genius:D

ken foree
28/10/2005, 12:09 PM
Or just do like me,I'm off to Canada next June for the Grand Prix in Montreal,will stay around there for 3 weeks,won't be much World Cup coverage over there.

should be tons on fox sports canada or fox soccer channel in the u.s., both sky affiliates

Dublin12
28/10/2005, 12:31 PM
should be tons on fox sports canada or fox soccer channel in the u.s., both sky affiliates

Not out in the countryside of Quebec theres not:D ,and me mate over there hates football,always thought blokes that aren't into football are a bit strange but this time it could have it's advantages:p

Irish_Praha
28/10/2005, 1:41 PM
It will be difficult for me to avoid as I live in Germany now :(
Maybe I should book a holiday for the whole of june

ken foree
28/10/2005, 2:33 PM
Not out in the countryside of Quebec theres not:D ,and me mate over there hates football,always thought blokes that aren't into football are a bit strange but this time it could have it's advantages:p

well beeee careful, i'd say by next year they'll have it, even in the relative wilds of quebec. tv5 should have some too at the v. least since they show ligue 1 on sundays. good luck avoiding it!

elroy
28/10/2005, 3:04 PM
It will be difficult for me to avoid as I live in Germany now :(
Maybe I should book a holiday for the whole of june

Damn you must be more ****ed about it than anyone. right on your doorstep.

am probably stating the obvious and making ya feel worse sorry.

Closed Account 2
31/10/2005, 8:27 PM
Hope we do something like the US Cup or something to give us games over the summer. I'd like some sort of mini tournament with the Welsh, Scots and maybe the Belgians or Danes just to keep our international interest ticking over... will never happen though.

Metrostars
01/11/2005, 5:23 PM

Hey ken, whats your take on Michelle Lissel, would ya or wouldnt ya?

Fergie's Son
01/11/2005, 6:18 PM
I definitely would. She's on in the states too. Very tidy.

Metrostars
02/11/2005, 2:55 PM
I definitely would. She's on in the states too. Very tidy.

Minus the glasses of course...I always like a girl who knows her footie!

ken foree
02/11/2005, 7:33 PM
o i defo would! glasses or no, it doesn't matter, she's fine

ken foree
02/11/2005, 7:34 PM
p.s. metros that result against the revs musta stung :eek: ;)

Metrostars
03/11/2005, 2:40 PM
p.s. metros that result against the revs musta stung :eek: ;)
The metros are used to that sort of stuff, up two goals with 25 minutes left and then losing. Winter wouldnt be the same if a metros fan would not be thinking of what could have been. The ref didnt help either with on two of the revs goals (bad corner kick call+Khano Smith steam rolling a metro or two). Still I hope Mo Johnston is kept on full time. I thought he had Steve Nicol's number after the first game but the team let him down in the end.

ken foree
03/11/2005, 2:43 PM
The metros are used to that sort of stuff, up two goals with 25 minutes left and then losing. Winter wouldnt be the same if a metros fan would not be thinking of what could have been. The ref didnt help either with on two of the revs goals (bad corner kick call+Khano Smith steam rolling a metro or two). Still I hope Mo Johnston is kept on full time. I thought he had Steve Nicol's number after the first game but the team let him down in the end.

yea man i think at that point it's all the team's doing. after dempsey hit the post and djorkaeff scored i thought 'that's that!'