PDA

View Full Version : More Eircom players off to Reading

A face
27/10/2005, 12:02 AM
I nicked this off another message board ...

Conor Sinnott has signed a two week trial from Bray and is there all ready, Drogs midfielder Stephen Bradley, as well as defenders Steven Gray and Graham Gartland have also been mentioned and *tada!* Mr.Kearney's name has also mentioned.

Hats off to Coppell, to spotted young players with the talent and will to play international football and knows they're a bargain. He even said so regarding Conor that there's a lot of talent in Eire and they can reach for international level. We all know that right now they won't get picked playing Eircom and that with a lot of the national side retiring or not pulling their weight this is the time to pack your bags.

We all knew Doyle would be a hit in England and that Long will be, it's just a shame this will obviously see a lot of players moving off to England in January. Blame Kerr, blame the Eircom league, blame anyone. But the league needs a reshuffle, the game needs to be promoted properly and this needs to be the final batch of good young players who move to England en masse.

The Genesis project needs to work and Ireland needs a manager who will pick quality players BEFORE they get snapped up for buttons by foreign clubs. In fact if the Genesis works it should make certain players of English Championship and above quality are never snapped up at English second division prices again.

For all the talk of the development of the league we need action asap. I'm sure everyone will agree that January won't be good for the development of the league...

gustavo
27/10/2005, 8:36 AM
clubs need to be stronger and not accept derogatory bids

A face
27/10/2005, 10:43 AM
This is why we need the FAI to have a back bone !!

monkey magic
27/10/2005, 11:18 AM
This is why we need the FAI to have a back bone !!

in fairness, i cant see how you can pin this one on the fai.... surely its up to the respective clubs to decide on the value of their players, and then stick to their guns when pressurised by uk clubs, agents etc

anyways i think were jumpin the gun a bit here, none of these players have been sold yet, the doyle saga should have proven to all clubs in the league that our top players are more than capable of cutting it across the water, and therefore a lot more valuable. as long as clubs are properly compensated for these transfers, then whats to worry about?

pete
27/10/2005, 11:29 AM
The future of the league will be build around combination of selling best players & reinvesting in new players. Of course if you sell your best players for pennies then don't have enough money to reinvest.

monkey magic
27/10/2005, 11:37 AM
The future of the league will be build around combination of selling best players & reinvesting in new players. Of course if you sell your best players for pennies then don't have enough money to reinvest.

exactly, but if were getting the right kinda money for them, then it can only be a goot thing for the league.... the survival, and indeed prosperity of the smaller leagues in europe has been built around developing players, selling them on for a profit and reinvesting.

gustavo
27/10/2005, 11:49 AM
I would love if we were in the situation the Dutch and Portugese leagues are in , they sell their best players (which are usually from academies) but they get good money for them and then are able to use that money to build better infrastructures or else buy replacements for that player from within that league thus redistributing the money throughout the league.

A face
27/10/2005, 11:58 AM
in fairness, i cant see how you can pin this one on the fai.... surely its up to the respective clubs to decide on the value of their players, and then stick to their guns when pressurised by uk clubs, agents etc

By the FAI, i mean the league ... the powers that be ... sorry ... should have been clearer.

anyways i think were jumpin the gun a bit here, none of these players have been sold yet, the doyle saga should have proven to all clubs in the league that our top players are more than capable of cutting it across the water, and therefore a lot more valuable. as long as clubs are properly compensated for these transfers, then whats to worry about?

I think that is the problem .... people always say we are jumping the gun.

All clubs need to have a proper policy in place and stick to it.

There are too many people in the league compromising their postions by their won actions aswell .... there have to be penalties there aswell.

I think probably the biggest problem with have is people not realising this is a serious issue here.

pete
27/10/2005, 12:06 PM
If players from the eL are sold to big clubs in the Uk that also encourages irish players to return here instead of League One & Two.

monkey magic
27/10/2005, 12:10 PM
you have a point there a face... structure need to be in place.
only point i was makin was player transfers, if handled properly could provide the money needed to secure the future of a lot of clubs in this league

Philo
27/10/2005, 1:51 PM
you have a point there a face... structure need to be in place.
only point i was makin was player transfers, if handled properly could provide the money needed to secure the future of a lot of clubs in this league

Problem is the league has no standing or reputation overseas (and at home for that matter) due to its years of neglect at the hands of the FAI. No international standard players means no comparative values, therefore players are worth next to nothing when transferring to other leagues. We all know ther league is better than it seems to outsiders but it's the outsiders that hold the cheque books.

thejollyrodger
27/10/2005, 1:55 PM
How much did he go for ? £5,000 GBP buy out clause ? its a fúcking disgrace.

When will the league ever get a single contract template together that will stop all this dirty acts by English clubs.