PDA

View Full Version : British radio station stealing Today FM thunder

RĂ©iteoir
26/10/2005, 10:07 PM
Chelsea boss to score No.1?

Jose Mourinho is hoping to have a Christmas No.1

The Chelsea boss has allowed an impersonator to release a track called Jose and His Amazing Technicolor Overcoat.

Mario Rosenstock has re-mixed the hit song from the musical Joseph. He has also re-mixed Aretha Franklin's Say A Little Prayer For You - renamed Sign A Little Player Or Two.

Capital Gold radio station now plan to release the tracks at Christmas reports The Sun.

DJ Mick Brown said: "We had a call saying Mourinho heard the single and was impressed.

:mad: :rolleyes:

A face
26/10/2005, 10:17 PM
Today FMs number ... 087 1400 102

finlma
27/10/2005, 7:55 AM
I'm sure Mario would have allowed Today FM to release the tracks if they wanted to - they are his employers after all.

Babysis
27/10/2005, 10:31 AM
They have been playing those two tracks all the time. My favourite giftgrub is still the ronan keating one, where he jumps on the Sinead O Connor bandwagon by doing a reggae song for ireland - superb :D

tiktok
27/10/2005, 10:33 AM
If Rosenstock owns the copyright he could well have struck a deal with the English radio station.

sparkey
27/10/2005, 10:54 AM
Mario Rosenstock was at the Chelsea v Everton game on Sundayas a guest of Chelsea FC. He did a twenty minuite routine for the players and Jose on the morning of the match. Chelsea TV recorded the performance and may play it on their TV station. He was interviewed on The HUB Sports program on Setanta on monday night talking about his performance on sunday.

tetsujin1979
27/10/2005, 10:59 AM
He rang Duffer prentending to be Jose, told him he had to turn out against Charlton, even with the injury, or he'd be sold to Mansfield!

Dublin12
27/10/2005, 11:00 AM
A Christmas No.1 in Ireland or a Christams No.1 in the UK,I know which one I'd prefer,if I was Rosenstock.

Eire06
27/10/2005, 11:02 AM
A Christmas No.1 in Ireland or a Christams No.1 in the UK,I know which one I'd prefer,if I was Rosenstock.

Sure he knows he'll never beat Dustin to Christmas No.1 here :rolleyes:

John83
27/10/2005, 12:22 PM
:mad: :rolleyes:
What's the big deal. The owner of the copyright has okayed this (and will make a nice chunk of money off it). If that's not the case, there'll be a rather short court case ending in Today FM/Rosenstock winning.

They have been playing those two tracks all the time. My favourite giftgrub is still the ronan keating one, where he jumps on the Sinead O Connor bandwagon by doing a reggae song for ireland - superb :D
"Pass to Duffer on the left hand side."

Babysis
27/10/2005, 2:11 PM
"Pass to Duffer on the left hand side."

Ah i love it. "you know your gonna party with Ian harty":D

My other favourite, which funnilly enough:rolleyes: didnt get much air play over here was "dry your eyes becks".

Thunderblaster
27/10/2005, 6:35 PM
Today FMs number ... 087 1400 102

Today FMs number ... 087 4100 102

Slight mistake buddy.:eek:

Feech
27/10/2005, 10:31 PM
[Try it again without bypassing the filter. --adam]

joeSoap
28/10/2005, 9:45 AM
Today FMs number ... 087 4100 102

Slight mistake buddy.:eek:

Actually lads, its 085 4100 102....really;)

onenilgameover
28/10/2005, 12:38 PM
http://itof.fimc.net/article.asp?id=16682

you can get some of their recent editions here

CollegeTillIDie
29/10/2005, 9:16 AM
Ok a bit of information here.
If you wish to do a parody a la Mario Rosenstock you have to send a copy to the original songwriter and seek permission. If the songwriter grants permission there is a minimum fee paid to the songwriter just for recording the song plus he gets a majority percentage of all the money generated by airplay and the songwriter royalties accrued from actual CD and all other format sales. Every time the video gets played on a TV station the artistes and the songwriters get paid too.

As regards the situation vis a vis Capital Gold in London and Today FM here the situation is something along these lines.
Ireland and Britain are seperate territories musically. The IMRO collect royalties on behalf of songwriters here; the PRS do in GB. It is possible that Capital will be promoting Mario's record in Britain on his behalf and Today FM will still have the field clear here in Ireland. And usually a Christmas no. 1 in the UK for any Irish artiste would usually find themselves with an Irish no.1 into the bargain.