PDA

View Full Version : Next year...

superfrank
26/10/2005, 3:21 PM
I know the season's not over but having looked at the player profiles and carrying on from the other thread, I was thinking that we need to find replacement's for the players ino their 30s. Daz is 34, Tarz is 33 and Foxy's 30 and I don't think we have anyone to take their places. Anybody think the same.

centre mid
26/10/2005, 3:29 PM
Are there anymore decent players on the production line from Joeys ?

surely some of the cup winning side may come in next year

centre mid
26/10/2005, 3:32 PM
What about John Flood Aswell? is he finished for good

superfrank
26/10/2005, 3:32 PM
I think Mick Roche will come through but we need to find a replacement for Daz. He's 34 and he never stopped running on Sunday and he's only missed two games all season, one was a suspension but we can't depend on him for the next few years.

BrayZil
26/10/2005, 3:35 PM
God I didnt think Daz was that old, thats worrying! I still think he has another couple of years left in him tho! We are going to find it very hard to replace him.

Caffo looks like a decent player if he can stay clear of injurys. He plays similar to the way Foxy does.

KR's Post
26/10/2005, 3:38 PM
We'll be fine. Don't worry, i'm sure Devo has something up his sleeve. He always makes a couple of shrewd(incorrectly spelt) Signings...;)

centre mid
26/10/2005, 3:40 PM
Will Eamo be back - has that Normwegian club taken up the option of buying yet?

Anyone ?

superfrank
26/10/2005, 3:42 PM
The loan is suppoesd to be up at the end of the month IIRC.

BrayZil
26/10/2005, 3:43 PM
Will Eamo be back - has that Normwegian club taken up the option of buying yet?

Anyone ?

He hasn’t even played for them yet. AFAIK He'll be coming back to Bray at the end of Nov. He's under contract with us so unless somebody comes in and buys him from us, he'll be playing with Bray next season.

BrayZil
26/10/2005, 3:46 PM
What about John Flood Aswell? is he finished for good

I was wondering what the story was with Flood as well. He was ruled out for a year with injury but I haven’t heard anything more about him. I haven’t seen him at any of the Bray matches this season either.

centre mid
26/10/2005, 3:47 PM
Floody & Eamo up front next year ?

BrayZil
26/10/2005, 3:48 PM
Possibly! There’s also Murphy and Franco up front as well.

superfrank
26/10/2005, 3:49 PM
Weso'll be back but he'll be 30 by the start of the next season.

Roo69
26/10/2005, 3:50 PM
Well have Eamo and Wes back next season, which will be like 2 new signings, but we do need to look at replacing the more experienced players over the next few seasons. Foxy will be grand for a few seasons to come and i think the way Daz plays he could go for another 2 seasons. Think this will be Tarzans last season.

If Caffo can stay fit and the more games he gets under his belt the better he will become, could be a very useful player for us next season. I'm not Kevin O'Brien's biggest fan but he has got better with every game for us, looked much more comfortable when moved to the right side of midfield Vs. Waterford.

I think our main signing should be to secure Tyrrell on a permanent deal from Shels, he's been fantastic since signing during the summer, one of our most consistant players and one of the best crossers in the league.

Not to sure about John Flood, serious injury, can't see him back at Bray in the near future.

Devo always has something up his sleeve................. :cool:

superfrank
26/10/2005, 3:52 PM
Of course when Eamo's back there'll be the Eamo & Franco show again!!

centre mid
26/10/2005, 3:54 PM
Bit of a long shot, if Pats get dragged down to the 1st - whats the chances of Robbie Doyle signing

Be handier for the Koo and all that

Roo69
26/10/2005, 4:00 PM
Bit of a long shot, if Pats get dragged down to the 1st - whats the chances of Robbie Doyle signing

Be handier for the Koo and all that

Watch this space.............. :D

BrayZil
26/10/2005, 4:01 PM
Agree with Roo about Tyrell. He's made a huge difference to the team since he's came in. He's a Shels player so I suppose it's up to them whether they want to sell him and how much it will cost us to buy him. It would be great if we can get him permanently.

If we don't get Tyrell next year who would we play on the left wing?

centre mid
26/10/2005, 4:01 PM
is that what you've been eluding to Roo69 ?

Roo69
26/10/2005, 4:03 PM
is that what you've been eluding to Roo69 ?

Who knows........

superfrank
26/10/2005, 4:06 PM
If we don't get Tyrell next year who would we play on the left wing?
Pip. Kupono Low is being released by Sligo at the end of the season and I think he'd be a good addition. Plays at left-back so would free up Pip.

centre mid
26/10/2005, 4:08 PM
hhmmmm !

Would he get in ahead of a fit Flood & Eamo?, or maybe a three pronged attack

Roo69
26/10/2005, 4:12 PM
hhmmmm !

Would he get in ahead of a fit Flood & Eamo?, or maybe a three pronged attack

Easily get in ahead of Floody if it happend. Himself and Eamo would be class together, Robbies donkey work and Eamos finishing, great combo ! It would be like going back to the 1st season Jayo and Keegan had together.

centre mid
26/10/2005, 4:14 PM
Mouth starting to water now

Jody will be back aswell

Roll on next year

BrayZil
26/10/2005, 4:16 PM
We'll have 5 centre backs next year with Jody, Roche, McGovern, Wes and Chopper. 5 is far too many IMO. We'll have to get rid of at least 1, maybe 2.

centre mid
26/10/2005, 4:18 PM
Just a personal opinion

I like to see Tresson pushed futher up the field, may not have the legs anymore though

superfrank
26/10/2005, 4:21 PM
What's the deal with McGovern. When's his loan finished??

centre mid
26/10/2005, 4:23 PM
What's the deal with McGovern. When's his loan finished??
Would presume that all loan deals conclude at the end of the season

seagulls nest
26/10/2005, 9:43 PM
1.David Tyrrell,
2.Colm James ,
3.Stephen Gifford ,
4.Chris O'Connor,
5.Stephen Fox,
6.Ciarán Ryan ,
7.Robbie McGuinness ,
8.Colm Tresson,
9.Paul O'Reilly,
10.Neil Donnelly,
11.Eamon Zayed,
12.Philip Keogh,
13.Graham O'Hanlon,
14.Jody Lynch,
15.Kieran O'Brien ,
16.Keith Long,
17.Robert Dunne,
18.Patrick Hannigan ,
19.Brian McGovern ,
20.Maurice Dunne,
21.Michael Roche,
22.William Tryell ,
23.Ronan Ivory,
24.Wesley Charles,
25.Alan Young,
26.Kevin o' brien,
27.Paul caffrey,
28.Franco,
29.Stuart Holt,
30.Paul Murphy,

seagulls nest
26/10/2005, 9:48 PM
the above list are the players currently with the 1st team squad,i know eamo and wes are abroad, but most likely will be back.
now as you see there are 30 players on that list and im probably missing a few...there has to be a clear out at the end of the season,too much money being wasted on players wages and they arnt being used.
id like to see everyones opinion on this one. put a simple "KEEP" or "LET GO" after each player and lets see what it leaves us with.

seagulls nest
26/10/2005, 9:58 PM
1.David Tyrrell, "KEEP"
2.Colm James , "KEEP"
3.Stephen Gifford ,"KEEP"
4.Chris O'Connor, "KEEP"
5.Stephen Fox, "KEEP"
6.Ciarán Ryan , "LETGO"
7.Robbie McGuinness ,"LETGO"
8.Colm Tresson, "KEEP"
9.Paul O'Reilly, "KEEP"
10.Neil Donnelly, "LETGO"
11.Eamon Zayed,???????
12.Philip Keogh, "KEEP"
13.Graham O'Hanlon, "LETGO"
14.Jody Lynch, "KEEP"
15.Kieran O'Brien ,"KEEP"
16.Keith Long, "LETGO"
17.Robert Dunne, "LETGO"
18.Patrick Hannigan , "KEEP"
19.Brian McGovern ,"KEEP"
20.Maurice Dunne,"KEEP"
21.Michael Roche,"KEEP"
22.William Tryell ,"KEEP"
23.Ronan Ivory,"KEEP"
24.Wesley Charles,??????
25.Alan Young,"LETGO"
26.Kevin o' brien,"LETGO"
27.Paul caffrey, "KEEP"
28.Franco,"LETGO"
29.Stuart Holt,"LETGO"
30.Paul Murphy, "KEEP"

no one likes to see players being released but its all part of football, the club cant keep paying 30 professionals, im sure some of the players probably dont want to stay at the club, a 1st team squad of 20 players is more than enough.

footballplease
27/10/2005, 12:32 PM
'Pip. Kupono Low is being released by Sligo at the end of the season and I think he'd be a good addition. Plays at left-back so would free up Pip.'

A lads - we all know the best place for him is centre midfield!! A good calm head is needed! I witnessed collie james' usual panic football on sunday last which lead to the second goal, we simply have NO-ONE with suffient class to play there. I would love to have Pip and Daz in the middle - brilliant stuff!!

My team for next season ;

Hannigan

Gifford wes jody an other (need to buy a left full!!!!)

O'Brien daz pip caffrey

foxy eamo

that team should be good enough to challenge for 4th in my opinion!!

Bray Head
27/10/2005, 3:11 PM
Even if St. Pat's stay up Devo should make Robbie Doyle his number 1 target for next season. Eamo and Robbie would form a great strike partnership.

KR's Post
27/10/2005, 3:42 PM
Too early to say lads, who's coming and who's going!! Robbie Doyle at Bray, i'd love it. Maybe Roo knows something and is keeping it under wraps. Bet ya we've bought him already. Pre Contract agreement!

Tarz i expect to stay on next season. After all he is only 10 goals shy of 100.... Would probs play a sub role though.;)

Tyrell has got to sign, but Ollie Cahill is getting on in years and i see David staying there. He's such a talented player!

Not really in the humour to list all the players that i think should go, but there are quite a few. But the wages are paid for already next season with the money we got from the loan deals!

fan_1
27/10/2005, 6:05 PM
1.David Tyrrell, "KEEP"
2.Colm James , "LET GO"
3.Stephen Gifford ,"KEEP"
4.Chris O'Connor, "LET GO
5.Stephen Fox, "KEEP"
6.Ciarán Ryan , "LETGO"
7.Robbie McGuinness ,"LETGO"
8.Colm Tresson, "KEEP"
9.Paul O'Reilly, "KEEP"
10.Neil Donnelly, "LETGO"
11.Eamon Zayed, KEEP
12.Philip Keogh, "KEEP"
13.Graham O'Hanlon, "LETGO"
14.Jody Lynch, "KEEP"
15.Kieran O'Brien ,"KEEP"
16.Keith Long, "LETGO"
17.Robert Dunne, "LETGO"
18.Patrick Hannigan , "KEEP"
19.Brian McGovern ,"KEEP"
20.Maurice Dunne,"KEEP"
21.Michael Roche,"KEEP"
22.William Tryell ,"KEEP
23.Ronan Ivory,"LET GO
24.Wesley Charles,LET GO DEFO
25.Alan Young,"LETGO"
26.Kevin o' brien,"LETGO"
27.Paul caffrey, "KEEP"
28.Franco,"LETGO"
29.Stuart Holt,"LETGO"
30.Paul Murphy, "KEEP"

superfrank
27/10/2005, 7:23 PM
1.David Tyrrell, KEEP
2.Colm James , KEEP
3.Stephen Gifford , KEEP
4.Chris O'Connor, KEEP
5.Stephen Fox, KEEP
6.Ciarán Ryan , LET GO
7.Robbie McGuinness , KEEP
8.Colm Tresson, KEEP
9.Paul O'Reilly, KEEP
10.Neil Donnelly, ???
11.Eamon Zayed, KEEP
12.Philip Keogh, KEEP
13.Graham O'Hanlon,
14.Jody Lynch, KEEP
15.Kieran O'Brien , KEEP
16.Keith Long, LET GO
17.Robert Dunne, KEEP
18.Patrick Hannigan , KEEP
19.Brian McGovern , KEEP
20.Maurice Dunne, KEEP
21.Michael Roche, KEEP
22.William Tryell , ???
23.Ronan Ivory, ???
24.Wesley Charles, KEEP
25.Alan Young, LET GO
26.Kevin o' brien, LET GO
27.Paul caffrey, KEEP
28.Franco, KEEP
29.Stuart Holt, ???
30.Paul Murphy, KEEP

Stevo Da Gull
27/10/2005, 10:12 PM
Some name's I dont agree with as OUT's on some peoples lists but dont really have the time to get into it right now.

Replacing players- Tresson - still got the legs for it and a candidate for BWAFC POTY in my opinion, I know he aint gonna be around for ever but I'm not sure if you can actually get direct replacements for players like him, when he eventually does hang up his boots we will have lost something special:ball: .

Mick Roche is looking very promising, if we keep him at the Carlisle I can see him notching up plenty of appearances with us through the years to come. If we can make Tyrrell a permanent signing that would be a huge plus.

A bit early to talk about next season in any greater detail when this one is'nt over. Lets focus on the rest of this season first folks :ball:

Grasshopper 99
28/10/2005, 2:15 PM
love for tyrell to stay, doyler would be a great get of pats if devo wants him back, so we can hopefully have doyle, eamo and franco up front next season, Best attack in Ireland

superfrank
28/10/2005, 3:03 PM
love for tyrell to stay, doyler would be a great get of pats if devo wants him back, so we can hopefully have doyle, eamo and franco up front next season, Best attack in Ireland
Don't forget tarz!

The Wanderer
03/11/2005, 12:42 PM
I would love to see Robbie back at bray, he is just a hard worker and teaming up with Eamo, what a partnership!

BrayUnknowns
03/11/2005, 2:58 PM
Chris O'Connor
Ciarán Ryan
Neil Donnelly
Graham O'Hanlon
Kieran O'Brien
Keith Long
Robert Dunne
Maurice Dunne
Alan Young
Kevin o' Brien
Franco
Stuart Holt

Not one of these players are good enough for Bray Wanderers, with the exception of Tarzan, think he will hang the boots up this season. The rest are dead wood and holding us back from progressing on the field, taking up valuable wages that could be spent so so much better on quality players that could lead us to very good things.

Defo want to have Robbie Doyle back at the club! himself and Eamo would work great together. Also need to sign Tyrrell but can't see it happening.

KR's Post
03/11/2005, 3:39 PM
Chris O'Connor
Ciarán Ryan
Neil Donnelly
Graham O'Hanlon
Kieran O'Brien
Keith Long
Robert Dunne
Maurice Dunne
Alan Young
Kevin o' Brien
Franco
Stuart Holt

Not one of these players are good enough for Bray Wanderers, with the exception of Tarzan, think he will hang the boots up this season. The rest are dead wood and holding us back from progressing on the field, taking up valuable wages that could be spent so so much better on quality players that could lead us to very good things.

Defo want to have Robbie Doyle back at the club! himself and Eamo would work great together. Also need to sign Tyrrell but can't see it happening.

Don't think he is... I've been talking to him and i don't think he is! After all he is only 10 goals short of the 100 career goal!

The Wanderer
04/11/2005, 9:27 AM
I hope he stays, he is a true Bray legend!

Roo69
04/11/2005, 10:04 AM
Well no matter if Tarzan decides to hang his boots up or not, the club should keep him on as a coach for the U21's, absolutey brilliant at helping the young lads and has so much experience would be an massive assist to Finno and Hughy.

BrayZil
04/11/2005, 11:04 AM
I hope he does stay on. It would be a great achievement for him to get 100 league goals. Tarzan = Legend!

The Wanderer
04/11/2005, 1:25 PM
He is the true legend of bray, and loved buy everyone in the town