thejollyrodger
26/10/2005, 2:21 PM
no major loss anyways;)

Irish_Praha
26/10/2005, 2:25 PM
thank phuck

Tired&Emotional
26/10/2005, 2:26 PM
Glad he's gone....we don't need a B (or C) list manager....only the best will do.....looking more and more like the FAI pushed BK out too soon..! Really hope it comes back to haunt them...but not the fans, if that's possible!

Irish_Praha
26/10/2005, 2:27 PM
thank phuck! now we need Brian Robson's contract to be extended with a clause that he can only leave if WBA are paid 100 million sterling and Peter Reid to get a job in Australia :)

ifk101
26/10/2005, 2:33 PM
The FAI is waiting for O'Leary to get sack. O'Leary wants the job. Bingo!

thejollyrodger
26/10/2005, 2:35 PM
Im not sure about David O Leary. Like he hasnt exactly performed miracles when he was short of a few €€

ifk101
26/10/2005, 2:38 PM
Well thats questionable. He hasnt had much money at Villa and to last as long as he has with Doug Ellis as chairman is an achievement in anyone's book.

Noelys Guitar
26/10/2005, 2:50 PM
O'Leary is hanging on by a thread at AV and is not popular with the fans. Good coach but would not be a popular choice. I think Keane might take up the post as player-manager or just manager especially if this rolls into next year. United are going nowhere and I can't see him playing another season.

gspain
26/10/2005, 3:27 PM
Great news.

Now we just need Villa to keep on winning.

geysir
27/10/2005, 2:57 AM
Great news.

Now we just need Villa to keep on winning.
Don't they have to start winning before they can keep on winning

gspain
27/10/2005, 7:02 AM
Don't they have to start winning before they can keep on winning

They won on tuesday night in the Carling Cup. I've taken a keen interest in their results since David O'Leary has been linked with the Irish job. Another great player but hardly a successful manager and far too much of a spoofer.

shakermaker1982
27/10/2005, 7:20 AM
O'Leary would be a disaster. Look at his track record.........Leeds spent millions and won FA. Aston Villa? Winning in the League Cup 3rd round is the highlight of their season!!!

as_i_say
27/10/2005, 7:36 AM
all credit to o'leary, as i say

Rover 2 U
27/10/2005, 10:02 AM
O'Leary would be a disaster. Look at his track record.........Leeds spent millions and won FA. Aston Villa? Winning in the League Cup 3rd round is the highlight of their season!!!

Come off it Shaker, he took Leeds to the semi-finals of the UEFA cup only to be beaten by Galatasaray(2000) and then took them to the Champions League semi-final the following year (2001) only to be very unfortunate against Valencia. All the while he was trying to deal with the whole Woodgate/Bowyer/Duberry situation.

Lets be honest here, the downfall of Leeds was never O'Leary's fault and perhaps if the clown Risdale had not bought into the dream and the lads had stayed out of the nightclub and they had beaten Liverpool on the last day of the season to once again qualify for the CL, we would be reading a very different history on David O'Leary.

When you think about it, his record in Europe with Leeds was very similar to Mourinho's with Porto before being appointed as the Chelsea boss and look what he has gone on to do :eek:

O'Leary for Ireland (even if he is a 2g!):D

Roverstillidie
27/10/2005, 10:33 AM
O'Leary for Ireland (even if he is a 2g!):D

he is a dub!!!!

his brother played for us FFS

Rover 2 U
27/10/2005, 10:40 AM
David O'Leary was born less than a mile away from Highbury, although he moved to live in Dublin, Ireland at the age of three. :eek:

Hence the smiley roverstilliidie :D

Oh, and I know all about Pearce cheers!;)