PDA

View Full Version : Upcoming Games

nickeyoc
26/10/2005, 12:37 PM
How are we fixed with players? Any injuries does anybody know of? Full strength team?????

pineapple stu
26/10/2005, 12:39 PM
Not far off. I'd say Allie Mac won't play again this season, by the looks of it. Paul Byrne should be back - he's in training anyway. Need three or four more points to be safe though. Wouldn't mind them on Friday!

CollegeTillIDie
26/10/2005, 7:29 PM
pineapple stu

since when did any team stay up with only 33 points...? We need 6 points minimum if we are to avoid the play-off and having to play in December

pineapple stu
26/10/2005, 10:16 PM
Since teams as bad as Harps, Pat's and Waterford were in the league.

Schumi
27/10/2005, 12:35 PM
We need 6 points minimum if we are to avoid the play-off and having to play in December
Nonsense. If Waterford win all their four games (which they won't as they still have Derry and Cork to play), we'd need seven points to finish ahead of them and even then to be in any trouble, Rovers (who would have lost to Waterford) would need a serious haul of points. Three points (four maximum) will have us safe and it's very conceivable that we could lose all five remaining games and still be safe.

since when did any team stay up with only 33 points...? Only Harps in 2002/3 finished in 11th place or lower in a 33 game season that I can find (since 1995/6 anyway). There were always two automatic relegation places and a play-off before.

HarpoJoyce
27/10/2005, 7:23 PM
I prefer to take wins over Bohs and Derry than Harps or Longford.

Still don't know how the last game will go.

CollegeTillIDie
27/10/2005, 7:35 PM
I prefer to take wins over Bohs and Derry than Harps or Longford.

Still don't know how the last game will go.

harpojoyce
You are right to be cautious.., I am amazed by the lack of ambition shown by some of you fans. We should be trying to be safe .... well before the last day of the season. And incidentally with 29 points we won't be. Less than 1 point a game is insufficient to to stay up over an entire season.

Student Mullet
27/10/2005, 10:21 PM
I just hope Rovers are in trouble on the last day.
Bumper crowd!

pineapple stu
27/10/2005, 11:19 PM
We should be trying to be safe .... well before the last day of the season. And incidentally with 29 points we won't be. Less than 1 point a game is insufficient to to stay up over an entire season.
The sooner we are safe, the better. However, there's no reason why one point per game won't beep us safe, especially if Harps, Waterford and Pat's are in the same division.

CollegeTillIDie
28/10/2005, 6:52 AM
I just hope Rovers are in trouble on the last day.
Bumper crowd!

Rovers crowds this season have been poor by their standards.

CollegeTillIDie
28/10/2005, 6:56 AM
Nonsense. If Waterford win all their four games (which they won't as they still have Derry and Cork to play), we'd need seven points to finish ahead of them and even then to be in any trouble, Rovers (who would have lost to Waterford) would need a serious haul of points. Three points (four maximum) will have us safe and it's very conceivable that we could lose all five remaining games and still be safe.

I have been watching relegation battles for nigh on 20 seasons now. Since we have gone to three rounds very few teams have survived in the Division with less than 35 points hence my comment. Waterford might well win those games. They are on a roll under the assistant managership of Pat Dolan!

CollegeTillIDie
28/10/2005, 7:01 AM
The sooner we are safe, the better. However, there's no reason why one point per game won't beep us safe, especially if Harps, Waterford and Pat's are in the same division.

Harps and Waterford have both collected more points than us in recent weeks as have Shamrock Rovers. Harps are able to score goals too, which UCD have historically been incapable of doing on a consistent basis.

Schumi
28/10/2005, 12:59 PM
Since we have gone to three rounds very few teams have survived in the Division with less than 35 points
But this is the first 3 round season that third from bottom is safe.

Schumi
09/11/2005, 1:22 PM
Not that I like to brag or anything! :D
Three points (four maximum) will have us safe