PDA

View Full Version : Players not given a chance?

Pages : [1] 2

keano16
25/10/2005, 9:19 PM
Think the likes of Robbie Mac, Pat Hannigan, Stew Holt and Niall Donnelly should be given a chance... I also think they should have been given a chance earlier as there are a few players at the club who are just not good enough... Theses lads have played at the highest level and they deserve a chance now...

Roo69
26/10/2005, 8:26 AM
Robbie has been injuried for most of the season and when he was fit form was very poor, he has been like this for the past season and a half. Hopper ! defo not good enough to hold down a starting place in our first XI, he has never had regular 1st team football at the highest level in his career. Hannigan is the only one i would agree with, fantastic preformances for the U21's this season and should have been in the first team a long time ago.

Grasshopper 99
26/10/2005, 8:28 AM
Devo doesnt do that to players, keeps them on the fringes then lets them go, e.g. robbie doyle. He should do, cause how are we to know whether these fringe players are better then the first team players or not???

BrayZil
26/10/2005, 8:46 AM
Out of the 4 players mentioned the only ones I would give a chance in the first team are Hannigan and Holt. Hannigan has impressed me anytime I've seen him and hopefully he'll get a chance before the end of the season. I haven’t seen much of the other 3 but Holt did well when he came on against Longford a few weeks ago.

Grasshopper 99
26/10/2005, 9:53 AM
Hannigan devo should, cause he will probably leave at the end of the season. Holt did do well when he came on for a while, not long enough though to show his through ability.

keano16
26/10/2005, 10:54 AM
Dont totally agree with that Niall has played for UCD in the premier League and then was taken to Drogheda and then was put out on loan to Athlone for a season were he played about 25 games... As for Robbie he has been fit a while and is deffo needed in the team.. Robbie plays football and he sees things that moat players cant see.. Defo think Hops and Robbie Mac deserve a chance to show Devo...

keano16
26/10/2005, 10:57 AM
Cant understand why theses players have been frozen out.. Speaking to a few Drogheda players they cant believe Niall is not playing. The onlt reason why he left Drogheda was because they went full time and he works in AIB... He has to be given a chance or else he will just leave

Roo69
26/10/2005, 10:59 AM
Athlone is not top class football, he only had a handful of games at UCD, was mainly on the bench, he has been in and out of the 21's all season, defo not the sort of form to try get into the 1st team. Just don't think his premier division class. When Robbie 1st came to the club he was amazing, everything he did was positive and nearly every game he played was excellent, but he has been plauged by injuries for a long time now and is just not the same player he was, far to injury prone. I agree thou, if he was fit then play him but he has'nt been fully match fit for a long long time

keano16
26/10/2005, 11:18 AM
I agree with Robbie having a Few injuries but I have to disagree with the comment on Niall he has played centre half.right and left full centre midfield and upfront all this season and has done well.. In fairness he is a better Pro and player than a few there (chopper) for one...Niall was the youngest centre half to play in the league when he made his debut for UCD deffo think he is worth a try.. And he is only 21yrs

Roo69
26/10/2005, 11:30 AM
Ive been to nearly every single 21's game at home this season and a good few away games and he has not played nearly all season. Robbie and Chopper are in the very same boat, to injury prone and have a lot to prove to earn new contracts, i reckon they could both be gone at the end of the new season. Hopper is 23 next month and has yet to establish himself in any 1st team set up, if he was going to be a regular he should have made the break through by now.

keano16
26/10/2005, 11:59 AM
Hops is 22 next month!!! Was out injured for 4 months last year with a broken ankle but before that he played every game.. Its a fair point about Athlone not been top class football but he played against Bray in the same league... I honestly think he has been treated very badly by the club and speaking to a few of the players they deffo agree with me... He has to be fairly useful if Doolo signed him twice(UCD 3yrs and then Drogheda).I seen him play against Pats in the Final and it was him that set up the goal.. and then he played against UC in the last game of the season in the middle of the park and was excellent he breakes down play and plays the easy ball.. Nothing fancy bout him and he also LOVES A TACKLE...

Roo69
26/10/2005, 12:12 PM
Hops is 22 next month!!! Was out injured for 4 months last year with a broken ankle but before that he played every game.. Its a fair point about Athlone not been top class football but he played against Bray in the same league... I honestly think he has been treated very badly by the club and speaking to a few of the players they deffo agree with me... He has to be fairly useful if Doolo signed him twice(UCD 3yrs and then Drogheda).I seen him play against Pats in the Final and it was him that set up the goal.. and then he played against UC in the last game of the season in the middle of the park and was excellent he breakes down play and plays the easy ball.. Nothing fancy bout him and he also LOVES A TACKLE...

Hopper (http://www.braywanderers.ie/index.php?option=content&task=view&id=228) I could be wrong but by this it says he is 22 now, 23 next month.

Wayne Byrne set up the goal in the U21 cup final. Out of the U21's last 15 games he only started 4 and 1 sub apperance, and thats according to the 21's section match reports.

pineapple stu
26/10/2005, 12:16 PM
He has to be fairly useful if Doolo signed him twice
:D :D

Have you ever looked at Doolin's transfer record?! He's useless! I don't think Hopper's good enough for Premier Division football. Whatever about Drogheda, he left us because he was released.

keano16
26/10/2005, 12:27 PM
Are you having a laugh mate 23/11/83 makes him 22 next month.. Do the Maths...

keano16
26/10/2005, 12:30 PM
Dont know I still think he is good enough... He is as good as if not better than a alot of players playing in the league..

Roo69
26/10/2005, 12:39 PM
Are you having a laugh mate 23/11/83 makes him 22 next month.. Do the Maths...

Maths was never my strong point !
2005 - 1983 = 22, next month is the 11th month meaning its his birthday.

keano16
26/10/2005, 2:51 PM
Back to Robbie Mac you cant allow a player of that quality to leave the club... Robbie is an under 21 Irish International and a quality player... His head is prob gone at the moment because he is not playing but I think he should be playing from what I hear he is fit and dying to play....

Roo69
26/10/2005, 2:57 PM
I agree i think Robbie is a great player, but this will be the 2nd season that he has missed (virtually all of it again), it does not matter about his calibre, he will have to prove himself to get back in the team, theres no point in keeping and paying a player to sit on the physio table week in week out, its a waste of money in my opnion. But, in saying that i would absolutey love to see him get back to the form he 1st showed when he 1st joined the club, it would be great for Robbie, but more importantly - The Team.

keano16
26/10/2005, 3:09 PM
He is a better player than Kevin O'Brien and colly....Robbie and Hopper deserve a chance before the end of the season...

Roo69
26/10/2005, 3:22 PM
How can a player who has been out injuried virtually all season deserve a chance ? same goes for a player who has only beijng playing U21's football ?

Neither of them have done anything all season long to DESERVE a run in the 1st team

superfrank
26/10/2005, 3:24 PM
He is a better player than Kevin O'Brien and colly....Robbie and Hopper deserve a chance before the end of the season...
Robbie doesn't do the same job as Collie. Collie breaks up the play and passes it around, Robbie's a more attacking minded player.

KR's Post
26/10/2005, 3:47 PM
Who the hell are you Keano 16.. Do you support Bray? For how long? I have to say you are talking through your ass, and what comes out of your arse, S-hite.. Can't believe you are arguing with Roo about u21 players. The lad hardly ever misses a game at that level!

Chopper- Decent player but has been ravished with injurys and is way to slow.

Hops- You're having a laugh right. No where near a starting first team place.

Jigsaw- Very talented footballer, but just like Chopper, ravished with injurys. Had to earn a contract at the start of the season beacuse Devo wasn't to sure about his injury proness! Defo a starter if fully fit, but nowhere near it!

seagulls nest
26/10/2005, 9:29 PM
your all having a laugh...niall donnelly is shocking,and if i was having a bet o'hanlon,donnelly,and mcguiness will all be released at the end of the season like Roo said...end of story!
i wonder where u people get these crazy ideas from, and what has he done to deserve a chance...absolutly nothing. iv nothing against the lad just dont think hes up to premier division standard.

Lonely Wanderer
27/10/2005, 4:22 PM
:confused: Lads I really cant believe some of the stuff being written here. You's obviously have short memories, both Chopper and Robbie are quality players and when fit are among the best players we have. Chopper and Jody make a good partnership at the back and Robbie creates chances, something we need. I understand that they've been injured a lot but players have had worse injuries and gotten over them. I think we'd be very foolish to let either of them go and I can genuinely see O'Hanlon and McGuiness being starters again next season. McGoverns been poor at best for us most of the time and Wes might not be back. Only time will tell but they're both experienced players and I sincerely hope they don't leave. :ball:

fan_1
27/10/2005, 5:59 PM
havin a laugh chopper is terrible cant pass 2 yards. just hoofs it
mcguinness should stay decent player better than what we have ie o'brien, dunne,james

keano16
28/10/2005, 7:02 AM
Tarazan 1 sorry mate I thought this was a place you can express your own view's?? Would that be correct?? As for who I am I am a former League of Ireland player so I have been there and done it have you?? Do you even play football?? Thats the difference alot of people come on to these sites and just slaughter players for maybe a few mistakes made in a match or maybe they just dont like the look of the player, but what I think you fail to understand is that these lads you are slaughtering must have something if they are playing in this league for years... So before you start again think about that..If you have never played Football at this level then I think YOU should stop talking out of your ARSE.. As you so politically put it...

fan_1
28/10/2005, 11:38 AM
here here well said

Roo69
28/10/2005, 11:43 AM
Keano16 is Hopper !

keano16
28/10/2005, 12:26 PM
Are you having a laugh mate honestly....I do know him well though I will give you that..Thats prob why I have been a bit Pro Hops..But I am not him.

Roo69
28/10/2005, 12:29 PM
Are you Hopper in disguise.........Are you Hopper in disguise.........Are you Hopper.........Are you Hopper...........Are you Hopper in disguise.........

keano16
28/10/2005, 12:35 PM
Funny Man... I am a mate of his that has gone to most of the games he has played since I finished playing myself I coached him for a while a few years back...

BrayUnknowns
28/10/2005, 12:42 PM
Funny Man... I am a mate of his that has gone to most of the games he has played since I finished playing myself I coached him for a while a few years back...

Hopper is a very nice bloke but unfortunatlly not good enough to play for any eircom premier league 1st team, 1st division yes but it's a very big step up to the premier. He's not even the best defender/midfielder with the Bray U21's. Rochey, Tyrrell, Ivory and Murphy would all be ahead of him from U21 defenders and Zambra, McGee, Holt and Dunne from U21 midfielders. Defo wish Hopper all the best but can't see him being kept on at Bray after this season, i'd be very surprised if he was.

keano16
28/10/2005, 12:52 PM
Thats a fair enough comment and your prob correct with regards to him playing in the Premier division... I do think he is well able to be a good first team player in the 1st Div though as you pointed out...He is a good lad and I think he has to get out of Bray if he is going to play first team football??

superfrank
28/10/2005, 3:30 PM
Tarazan 1 sorry mate I thought this was a place you can express your own view's?? Would that be correct?? As for who I am I am a former League of Ireland player so I have been there and done it have you?? Do you even play football?? Thats the difference alot of people come on to these sites and just slaughter players for maybe a few mistakes made in a match or maybe they just dont like the look of the player, but what I think you fail to understand is that these lads you are slaughtering must have something if they are playing in this league for years... So before you start again think about that..If you have never played Football at this level then I think YOU should stop talking out of your ARSE.. As you so politically put it...
Keano he does know about football, you muppet. His uncle is a very famous player so I assume he knows what it takes to be a good player.

KR's Post
29/10/2005, 8:04 AM

;) ;) Who did i slate? I didn't say you couldn't express your views, did i? I'm a guy who defends players an awful lot, but when guys are not putting it in week in week out, they've gotta take the flak... And as for Hopper, whether he is your mate or not, i just don't think he is anyway near good enough yet for the first team. Reminds me of Peter Crouch! And YES i do play football.:mad:

gossip
10/11/2005, 2:57 PM
Devo doesnt do that to players, keeps them on the fringes then lets them go, e.g. robbie doyle. He should do, cause how are we to know whether these fringe players are better then the first team players or not???

We all know who you are, you can't hide behind your beard. I will be around on Friday night, any comment you would like to make, come and see me, otherwise I will see you! There's no hiding place!

Gossip

Roo69
11/11/2005, 8:44 AM
We all know who you are, you can't hide behind your beard. I will be around on Friday night, any comment you would like to make, come and see me, otherwise I will see you! There's no hiding place!

Gossip

Whats the point in that post ? sounds like a threat if you ask me......

KK77
11/11/2005, 8:59 AM
Keano he does know about football, you muppet. His uncle is a very famous player so I assume he knows what it takes to be a good player.

How does his uncle playing for Bray mean he knows about football bit of a stupid thing to say.

superfrank
11/11/2005, 9:09 AM
How does his uncle playing for Bray mean he knows about football bit of a stupid thing to say.
Obviously if someone close to him plays football at a high level, he'll know what it takes to be a footballer at a high level.

KK77
11/11/2005, 10:05 AM
Obviously if someone close to him plays football at a high level, he'll know what it takes to be a footballer at a high level.

Give up while you can never heard such crap

Roo69
11/11/2005, 11:25 AM
In fairness, he plays football himself, his uncle plays in the top division in ireland who he is very close to, he has watched (and played) since a very young age, i reckon he knows a little bit about that game.....

KK77
11/11/2005, 11:29 AM
In fairness, he plays football himself, his uncle plays in the top division in ireland who he is very close to, he has watched (and played) since a very young age, i reckon he knows a little bit about that game.....

Not saying he doesn't know anything about the game just saying because he goes doesn't mean he's right sure Devo watched Keane playing for Cobh from the dug out numerous times yet couldn't spot the potential yet it took Noel McCabe 10 mins in Fairview park so not being smart or anything for fear of being told i am but just cause you go doesn't mean your always right.

Roo69
11/11/2005, 11:54 AM
Not saying he doesn't know anything about the game just saying because he goes doesn't mean he's right sure Devo watched Keane playing for Cobh from the dug out numerous times yet couldn't spot the potential yet it took Noel McCabe 10 mins in Fairview park so not being smart or anything for fear of being told i am but just cause you go doesn't mean your always right.

:confused:

KK77
11/11/2005, 1:08 PM
:confused:

Truth though

Roo69
11/11/2005, 1:27 PM
Truth though

I'm not saying it does'nt but i just can't make sense of it because it's just one long sentence, no commas or full stops, makes strange reading.

KK77
11/11/2005, 1:46 PM
I'm not saying it does'nt but i just can't make sense of it because it's just one long sentence, no commas or full stops, makes strange reading.

Ahh well we can't all be perfect!

Roo69
11/11/2005, 1:56 PM
Your right there

superfrank
11/11/2005, 2:00 PM
Give up while you can never heard such crap
I'll copy you and say true though!

KK77
11/11/2005, 2:07 PM
Your right there

Gla i am as would hate to be the perfect 1!

Roo69
11/11/2005, 2:12 PM
Could'nt agree more