PDA

View Full Version : So, how did they do ??

A face
25/10/2005, 4:15 PM
Five players predicted to do well in the League this year ...... how did they go on in the end ??

See www.eleven-a-side.com (http://www.eleven-a-side.com/viewpoint/five_to_watch.asp)

Speranza
25/10/2005, 5:24 PM
Killian Brennan has been superb. From his stunning volley against $hels to setting it up for Farren all year. At first he was sirking from tackles but he has grown in confidence and got well stuck in as the season progressed.

Is Rooney Drogs no. 10. If so he is a cracking player who reminds me of Zayed with his movement off the ball.

Cosmo
25/10/2005, 6:23 PM
Is Rooney Drogs no. 10. If so he is a cracking player who reminds me of Zayed with his movement off the ball.

Rooney hasn't made the grade with the drogs this season unfortunately - decent enough to bring on the last 20 minutes as its speed puts the sh!ts up some defenders

Killian Brennan has been class for derry i thought - was really p!ssed off we didnt sign him on the 2 chances we've had - 3rd time luck i suppose :)

Roverstillidie
25/10/2005, 7:57 PM
Mark O'Brien was a funny one, seemed to believe his own hype too much.
Delighted to report he pulled a Judas and went to Boyezzzz and has sunk without a trace.
Good riddance.

pineapple stu
25/10/2005, 8:20 PM
I seem to remember some Drogs fans disbelieving me when I said that Rooney wasn't up to much back at the start. Think I've been vindicated at this stage. :) Rice, O'Brien and Rowe haven't done much, as far as I can see, though I haven't been paying much attention. Criminal that no UCD players were included - Hurley, Dicker, Quigley, Kenna, Gannon...

Cosmo
26/10/2005, 6:54 AM
I seem to remember some Drogs fans disbelieving me when I said that Rooney wasn't up to much back at the start. Think I've been vindicated at this stage. :)

Theres still potential there though ;)

A season on loan to a lower team (maybe ucd :p ), wouldve done him the world of good imo

sligoman
26/10/2005, 9:41 AM
Yet again the first division is forgotten about:rolleyes:. I hope to feck we get out of here fast:mad:

pineapple stu
26/10/2005, 12:26 PM
Theres still potential there though ;)
Is this the same way Liam Miller has potential? Or Tony Sheridan? Or Kwame Ampadu? :)

A season on loan to a lower team (maybe UCD :p ), would've done him the world of good imo
No thanks - we've got enough of low-scoring strikers without signing another one!