PDA

View Full Version : Player of the month

Roo69
25/10/2005, 10:20 AM
Bray Wanderers' young Australian goalkeeper Chris O'Connor got the September Player of the Month award when the Supporters Club met this evening.

"Skippy" and the remaining award winners for the season will get their trophies at the Player of the Year function on Friday 25 November.

from Bray Wanderers.com (http://www.braywanderers.com/news-article.php?id=1666)

:eek:

BrayZil
25/10/2005, 10:22 AM
You've got to be joking me! :eek: :eek: :eek:

superfrank
25/10/2005, 1:45 PM
He's finally doing well now and you're still putting him down? Really, give him a break.

Roo69
25/10/2005, 1:48 PM
1/2 Good games all season is'nt really doing well is it ?

superfrank
25/10/2005, 2:09 PM
POTM is voted for by the SC. Therefore, the vote represents a percentage of the supporters. Obviously, it's not just me and a few others that think he's been doing well lately.

He has had a lot of bad times this season but in the last two months, he has kept three clean sheets, I think. Before that he'd kept 2 all season. That is an improvement.

Roo69
25/10/2005, 2:21 PM
POTM is voted for by the SC. Therefore, the vote represents a percentage of the supporters. Obviously, it's not just me and a few others that think he's been doing well lately.

He has had a lot of bad times this season but in the last two months, he has kept three clean sheets, I think. Before that he'd kept 2 all season. That is an improvement.

Now it does'nt, most Bray fans are not actually in the supporters club, personally ive heard more bad than good from a lot of people who would go to nearly every game, so i was just very surprised when i read this. 3 clean sheets in the league all season out of 28 outings, an average of 1.6 goals conceeded per game (i think).

Fingers crossed he keeps up his current good form and gets a few more clean sheets.

BrayZil
25/10/2005, 3:38 PM
He's finally doing well now and you're still putting him down? Really, give him a break.

Doing well, I don’t think so. Overall he's been shocking. The only match I've seen him play well in this season was the Waterford game a couple of weeks ago apart from that he hasn’t impressed me one bit. I watched the goals on EL weekly last night and while im not blaming him for the goals, he could have done better. The first Drogs goal just shows he's not a brave keeper.

I actually forgot to vote this month but I certainly wouldn’t have voted for him. IMO I would have given it to Fox or Tresson.

Bray Head
25/10/2005, 3:41 PM
Maybe it's a reflection on the month of September when no player really stood out. We had two good wins over St. Pat's & UCD (cup) but were poor against Cork and UCD (League). Skippy did play well in Cork.

Roo69
25/10/2005, 3:44 PM
he played well down in Cork after he was at fault for the 1st goal which changed the game in there favour. Personally i think daz had a very good september. The man is a Bray legend through and through, one of our all time best players

BrayZil
25/10/2005, 3:53 PM
Have to agree there with Daz. He's been excellent the past few months especially at the back while Jody and Brian were out. Definitely our MOTM on Sunday. He's pure class!

BrAyCMilan
25/10/2005, 8:19 PM
Yep, Daz is having a fantastic season after a very poor couple of seasons by his own standards. Would have been my vote for POTM anyway!!

Grasshopper 99
26/10/2005, 8:29 AM
Skip has played well, thought daz pip or tarzan, one of them would have got it though.

KR's Post
26/10/2005, 4:01 PM
Not being biased, but i think Tarz has had a reletively good month. Worked well and scored a few important goals. Daz though aswell, very very good month!