PDA

View Full Version : Kilkenny City 2 Cobh 0

joema
24/10/2005, 10:12 PM
Any of ye Cork fans at this match? Just saw the highlights on Chorus but couldn't really tell how the game went from looking at them. Both goals were taken really well and from what I saw Price, Cassidy McCarthy,O'Connor and Shepard played very well

nismo
24/10/2005, 11:11 PM
we played terrible and ye deserved it by a mile!

yere players were sound enough to after the game saying they hope we go up!

pitty ye didnt let us win..

joema
24/10/2005, 11:45 PM
Yean sorry about that. We honestly want ye to go up because it would be fairly painful to see Dublin City in the premier as ye have better support and play a better style of football in fairness. From what I saw on the highlights ye could easilly have scored 2 or 3 goals but our defenders did well to get their bodies in the way on a few occasions.

There was a big crowd there aswell:)

A face
25/10/2005, 12:50 AM
The first goal was offside, second was sweet ... Kilkenny did look the better side, Cobh players were making basic mistakes, not controling the ball fast enough and never seemed to be able to release the ball fast enough to striker. Alan Carey blow hot and cold and really needed to do better as he had some vital touches for Cobh.

Kilkenny deserved it alright though !!

rammie
25/10/2005, 9:15 PM
Ramblers weren't crap as nismo says but ye were outstanding, I've seen ye play a few times this season and only for your very poor start in the first series I'd imagine ye'd be leading the Division... no team has had a run like ye.
The first goal was off-side the linesman was a sleep ..only one minute into the game but the finish was deadly, ye soaked up everything and the defenders never allowed the ball to bounce. The second was a real disaster for us as we forgot about defending in our desperation to equalise.... Ithink that a lesson in patience and concentration was there to be learned by us. Scully has done a brilliant job for ye... how big are the crowds at Buckley Park now?

joema
25/10/2005, 11:00 PM
Crowds at Buckley are still very poor. They did go up to about 400/500 for a few weeks but they have now gone back to the normal 200/250:o and that was for our 4-1 win over Limerick where we played the best football I have ever seen us play before. We were brilliant that game and could have easilly won 10-1 but as usual there was hardly anyone there to see it.:mad:
Also it was a brilliant cross from Cassidy to set up our first goal even though it did look offside to be honest.

nismo
26/10/2005, 5:41 PM
Ramblers weren't crap as nismo says but ye were outstanding, I've seen ye play a few times this season and only for your very poor start in the first series I'd imagine ye'd be leading the Division... no team has had a run like ye.
The first goal was off-side the linesman was a sleep ..only one minute into the game but the finish was deadly, ye soaked up everything and the defenders never allowed the ball to bounce. The second was a real disaster for us as we forgot about defending in our desperation to equalise.... Ithink that a lesson in patience and concentration was there to be learned by us. Scully has done a brilliant job for ye... how big are the crowds at Buckley Park now?

did i say we were crap rambo?:confused:

i said terrible.