PDA

View Full Version : Cranking up the Rumour Mill

A face
24/10/2005, 8:40 PM
McHugh going to Derry at the end of the season ??

Any truth to it ??

wintz
24/10/2005, 8:50 PM
I heard another team in the North are sniffing around the player ;)

A face
24/10/2005, 9:59 PM
I heard another team in the North are sniffing around the player ;)

Have you got good hearing ??

Speranza
24/10/2005, 10:07 PM
The thought of this actually angers me. The little runt would only come now due to our presence in Europe and Setanta. I don't want a player who has a hatred of Derry spawned from jealousy to wear the city shirt. IMO Mc Who wouldn't be accepted by the majority of City fans so let the **** rot with Ha**s!

A face
24/10/2005, 10:10 PM
The thought of this actually angers me. The little runt would only come now due to our presence in Europe and Setanta. I don't want a player who has a hatred of Derry spawned from jealousy to wear the city shirt. IMO Mc Who wouldn't be accepted by the majority of City fans so let the **** rot with Ha**s!

He'd start banging them in and all would be forgiven ... you're a football fan ... you have a short memory !! :p

Speranza
24/10/2005, 10:47 PM
Think of your reaction at Cork signing Dan Conor. With his clear dislike for Cork would you ever accept him. Multiply that by 10 and you'll understand!

A face
24/10/2005, 11:10 PM
Think of your reaction at Cork signing Dan Conor. With his clear dislike for Cork would you ever accept him. Multiply that by 10 and you'll understand!

That is totally different ... Connors wouldn't be safe in Cork ... it'd be fair dumb of him to just arrive at the gates of the Cross hoping all would be forgiven !!

dcfcsteve
24/10/2005, 11:56 PM
I'd welcome McHugh at Derry, but would be surprised if he came.

I think it's fair to say he's been a loyal servant to Harps for a number of years now, but it's time to think of Numero Uno whilst there's still some of his career left...

pete
25/10/2005, 12:12 AM
I don't think McHugh has enough football ambition to leave Harps. He should have left a couple of years ago but seemed happy in the 1st division training twice a month.

A face
25/10/2005, 12:23 AM
I don't think McHugh has enough football ambition to leave Harps. He should have left a couple of years ago but seemed happy in the 1st division training twice a month.

He is still very young though ... if he got into a bigger setup, he could really take off !!

RedX
25/10/2005, 12:27 AM
I would be very surprised if McHugh would turn down the oppertunity to sign for a club playing in Europe especially if Harps go down..i know he turned down moves before but he was very young at the time and the league is more high profile now with a few teams like Cork/Shels doing well in Europe recently..

By the way if Dan Connor was a striker that could score 20 goals a season he could be my best friend..

Krstic
25/10/2005, 8:32 AM
Speranza, if Derry fans were happy with The most successful manager in Linfields' history coming to us, I'm sure the sight of McHugh banging in a few goals would be enough to win the majority of us Fickle Derry fans over.

Get him in:ball: :ball:

fbtn
25/10/2005, 10:45 AM

What a dumb post!

Did you think Matt LeTissier had no football ambition? What is wrong with a player wanting to do well with the team he supports?

Both Derry and Bohs have came in for him in the past - maybe they might have won more than a league cup between them if he of went, maybe not.

Kevin wanted to play in the Premier with Harps.....if we go down this time then I'd say he'll go though, with the majority of Harps fans blessings. He has done what he can for us, and more.

To say we only train twice a month shows not only your distain for us but the first division in general.

And you haven't won ANYTHING yet.

Troy.McClure
25/10/2005, 12:44 PM
Youre forgetting the City of Culture Cup and the Munster Senior Cup fbtn ;)

Prob the big difference now is that he has had a good crack with Harps in the Premier & that Derry are now a title contender team and not religation play-off no hopers.

PS Matt Le Tissier had no football ambition. :o

Strabane_Harp
25/10/2005, 1:17 PM
Kev has a good job with the council and runs his own business as well, so that will limit how far he could travel to play with another club, he also hasnt any time for Derry City, as his playoff celebration proved :D id say if he does go it will be a one of the bigger northern clubs, not a dub or derry

Troy.McClure
25/10/2005, 1:20 PM
But arent Derry and Donigal right next to each other!?!?!?!

redgav
25/10/2005, 1:24 PM
Kev has a good job with the council and runs his own business as well, so that will limit how far he could travel to play with another club, he also hasnt any time for Derry City, as his playoff celebration proved :D id say if he does go it will be a one of the bigger northern clubs, not a dub or derry

But as I said in the other Thread , he's expanded his business, and his new business is in Derry , McHugh in ,Farren out

Strabane_Harp
25/10/2005, 1:24 PM
yep but Kev is a harps fan through and through, he has turned down derry before and rubbed it in their faces, he would do the same now

if we go down he will go to Portadown, Glentoran or Linfield

Rover 2 U
25/10/2005, 1:33 PM
I hear he is coming to Rovers to play for 50 euro a week. Says he doesn't need the money and wants to experience playing for a big club!:D

Krstic
25/10/2005, 1:40 PM
[QUOTE=redgav]But as I said in the other Thread , he's expanded his business, and his new business is in Derry , McHugh in ,Farren out[/QUOTE

StrabaneHarp might be able to correct me but even if McHugh has opened a shop in Derry(which by the way I don't think he has) it would make no difference.

As far as I can remember, McHugh was from Kilea or St Johnstone (or somewhere very close to Derry) meaning that he actually lived closer to the Brandywell stadium than alot of Derry fans, he also played most of his youth football in Derry, yet was always a Harps fan and didn't like Derry City too much. So even if he has opened a shop in Derry(and I repeat I don't think he has) what difference would that now make to him wanting to play for us???

I know I'm just repeating myself over and over but he has had many opportunities to sign for us and opted to stay with Harps, canny see that changing now.

Strabane_Harp
25/10/2005, 1:57 PM
Kevin McHughs business is not in derry

wintz
25/10/2005, 2:07 PM
Have you got good hearing ??
Nah, just big ears :)

Is McHugh really that good? yes he has scored 10 league goals this season but is he more a 1st division player?

A face
25/10/2005, 2:28 PM
Nah, just big ears :)

Is McHugh really that good? yes he has scored 10 league goals this season but is he more a 1st division player?

In a good team where he is getting good supply, he would be great !!

A face
25/10/2005, 8:21 PM
Here is one for ya .... Brian Kerr taking the regins at Rovers (Shamrock) !! :eek:

I dont have that on a good source but would be metal if it did happen !! :eek: :ball:

Dazzy
25/10/2005, 8:45 PM
Killea is only 4/5 miles from the brandywell, i live further out than him ffs!

A face
25/10/2005, 9:13 PM
Killea is only 4/5 miles from the brandywell, i live further out than him ffs!

What say what now ?? ..... Killea ??

monkey magic
25/10/2005, 9:24 PM
Here is one for ya .... Brian Kerr taking the regins at Rovers (Shamrock) !! :eek:

I dont have that on a good source but would be metal if it did happen !! :eek: :ball:

while were at it, I heard that mchugh was comeing to us at the end of the season in a deal involving alan matthews becoming the new harps manager and big jack takin over at the flansiro to show us how hoofball is really played ;)

this of course originated entirely in my (wishful thinking) head....

A face
25/10/2005, 10:48 PM
while were at it, I heard that mchugh was comeing to us at the end of the season in a deal involving alan matthews becoming the new harps manager and big jack takin over at the flansiro to show us how hoofball is really played ;)

Now that really is unrealistic ... there is no way that Big Jack could show ye how to play hoofball ..... ye are the masters at it right now ... ask anyone in Wales !! :D :p

dancinpants
25/10/2005, 11:00 PM
Now that really is unrealistic ... there is no way that Big Jack could show ye how to play hoofball ..... ye are the masters at it right now ... ask anyone in Wales !! :D :p

Jesus they must be good - if the balls are landing in Wales!! :eek:

A face
25/10/2005, 11:08 PM
Jesus they must be good

Second to none !! ;)

Speranza
27/10/2005, 5:22 PM
Mc Hugh couldn't lace Beckett's shoes. Beckett's play is absolutly vital to our attack. While playing stiker he can hold the ball up and wait for support in the shape of K Brennan or McCourt. He doesn't score a lot but then again City wouldn't score as much if it wasn't for his superb play. Gary has always been slated and under-rated but if you watch him for 90 minutes you'll se his brilliance!

headtheball
27/10/2005, 8:03 PM
Fair point to make, but you don't give McHugh the regonition he deserves, probably because of your hate for Harps or maybe he did something or said something for you to dislike him, fair enough if thats the case, Beckett is a good player in a Berkamp sence, but i think McHugh would offer Derry something different.

We don't need McHugh,Harps is his club and he is happy playing for them,so they can keep him..

MariborKev
27/10/2005, 8:23 PM
I know I'm just repeating myself over and over but he has had many opportunities to sign for us and opted to stay with Harps, canny see that changing now.

Never say never.........

Speranza
27/10/2005, 8:50 PM
A Face,

Do you not know of Mc Hugh's infamous celebration during the play-off. I do rate Mc Hugh just like Birmingham fans rated Bowyer but wouldn't have the rat about the place.

A face
27/10/2005, 10:03 PM
A Face,

Do you not know of Mc Hugh's infamous celebration during the play-off.

I didn't see it to be honest !!

OneRedArmy
27/10/2005, 10:31 PM
I didn't see it to be honest !!
He got down on all fours & ran round the greyhound track.

Which amused the Harps fans greaty until Liam Coyle rolled the ball into the net in extra-time.

So you can see why some of us aren't hugely keen to see him anywhere near Derry.

Stevo Da Gull
27/10/2005, 10:53 PM

I dont see an awful lot of him but he seems to have the `it` factor all right, I've always liked him because of his loyalty to his club, loyalty is something thats hard to come by these days. Put it this way, if I heard he was signing for us I'd be a happy camper;) .

I'm guessin that if Harps were to go down and McHugh did leave the fans would understand and still love the guy?

A face
27/10/2005, 10:54 PM
He got down on all fours & ran round the greyhound track.

Always said that fella was barking mad !! :p

Speranza
28/10/2005, 12:41 AM
Not mad rather a coward who did it in front of his own fans when it was for the benefit of the city fans that he did it. If he was going to act the mouth he should have done it in front of the jungle. Now you can see how I can link him to Dan Conor!

Risteard
28/10/2005, 10:23 PM
Sorry i'm lost. Dogs?
What was he insinuateing?

Speranza
29/10/2005, 2:39 PM
All part of the banter between us and Harps. Their infatuation with sheep and us bringing blow-up one's to the matches led them to call us greyhounds because of the supposed obbsession every Derry man has with the mut.

Risteard
29/10/2005, 2:43 PM
Well Speranza, sounds like Derry fans initiated that little battle.

Speranza
29/10/2005, 2:46 PM
Yeah it's called rivalry. Doesn't give someone like Mc Who the right to act the mouth during such a volatile match.

monkey magic
29/10/2005, 2:52 PM
lighten up will ye, you'd hardly class it as a low dig:rolleyes:

Risteard
29/10/2005, 3:08 PM
Yeah it's called rivalry. Doesn't give someone like Mc Who the right to act the mouth during such a volatile match.
Thats exactly what it does. Your two sentences don't match.

harpskid
29/10/2005, 4:50 PM
he has turned down derry before and rubbed it in their faces, he would do the same now

I wouldn't be so sure if I were you