PDA

View Full Version : Title Run In

pete
24/10/2005, 4:28 PM
Cork City------------------------- Derry City
Oct 28 St. Pats (H)
Oct 29 -------------------------- Waterford (H)
Oct 31 Bohs (A) ----------------- UCD (A)
Nov 04 Waterford (A) ------------- Bray (A)
Nov 07 Rovers (A)
Nov 11 Shels (A) ----------------- Pats (H)
Nov 18 Derry (H) ----------------- Cork City (A)

Updated...

Schumi
24/10/2005, 4:30 PM
Oct 21 PD UCD v Derry City
Rescheduled for the 31st.

pete
24/10/2005, 4:34 PM
Derry has easier games as Bray & UCD have nothing to play for but have disadvantage of 1 less game & away at the cross on last day.

junkie
24/10/2005, 5:51 PM
I would love to this come down to the last day show down as it would be a great advert for the league but I feel Cork will have gained a massive pyschological advantage with the cup win.

dancinpants
24/10/2005, 6:17 PM
I would love to this come down to the last day show down as it would be a great advert for the league but I feel Cork will have gained a massive pyschological advantage with the cup win.

Had Cork played us off the park and won by 2 or 3 nil I might have agreed with this "pyschological" craic, however that was FAR from the case.

I hope I emphasised the word "FAR" enough.

Peadar
24/10/2005, 6:51 PM
however that was FAR from the case.

If you have to go there looking for a win, you'll be hard pushed to score playing the way you did on Friday, against the best defence in the league.

If we were playing our nearest rivals off the park then there would be something seriously wrong with the standard of teams below us in the league.

fbtn
24/10/2005, 7:08 PM
I think Derry will sneak it - don't think either team will drop many points in the run-in but Shels away for Cork could be the clincher.

If Derry go into the last day needing a point in Cork, I think they will get it.

Peadar
24/10/2005, 7:29 PM
Shels away for Cork could be the clincher.

We have a game in hand, so we may only need a draw at Shels.
If we finish level with Derry on points, we might have enough of a goal difference to clinch it. We're 4 ahead at the moment.

A face
24/10/2005, 8:21 PM
I think Derry will sneak it - don't think either team will drop many points in the run-in but Shels away for Cork could be the clincher.

Maybe so .... who can tell !! ..... but would that be enough for Derry !! :p ;)

If Derry go into the last day needing a point in Cork, I think they will get it.

Ah ... no i'd say !! The coss will be hopping ... come like ..... imagine it !! :eek:

patsh
25/10/2005, 7:06 AM
Can't see how Derry will drop any points before the last day.
Derry will arrive in Cork with 75 points, normally more than enough to win the league. City have a far harder run in, so it might not even go to the last day.

Peadar
25/10/2005, 8:22 AM
Derry will arrive in Cork with 75 points, normally more than enough to win the league.

Even if City don't beat Shels, we can still have at least 75 points on the last day, which may mean that Derry have to beat us.

Hecko
25/10/2005, 10:21 AM
No doubt Cork have the harder run in, but anything could happen now. It will be interesting to see how Derry react to their first loss in ages. UCD away on Monday next could be a tricky one for Derry too. IMO, If CCFC can get six points this weekend, then we have a good chance of winning it before the last day

bohsmug
25/10/2005, 11:48 AM
I don't think that Corks better goal difference of 4 can be counted as much of an advantage really at the moment. If they go in level on points on the last day that will be presuming cork lost 1 more game than Derry between now and the end of the season and I think it's just far too small a margin to be relying on.

I hope it does go to the end of the season though. What a showdown!

Roo69
25/10/2005, 12:01 PM
Derry has easier games as Bray & UCD have nothing to play for but have disadvantage of 1 less game & away at the cross on last day.

Nonsense, We were unlucky to loose against Derry at home and should have beat them up there but for a very very late own goal. No games are easy at this stage of the season when going for the title.......

Peadar
25/10/2005, 12:15 PM
Nonsense

Seriously though, Waterford, UCD and Bray will offer little or no resistance to Derry.

Cork City just have to go out and win all their games, expecting that Derry will do the same.

KK77
25/10/2005, 12:15 PM
Derry home was one of our worst performances of the season we were lucky to get 0 though should have beaten them away

Troy.McClure
25/10/2005, 12:19 PM
With City Bohs ko brought forward to 4pm, are any of the City boys on for hoping on the number 11 bus from Phibsboro to UCD to chear on the students if they start at 7:45?

Schumi
25/10/2005, 12:28 PM
With City Bohs ko brought forward to 4pm, are any of the City boys on for hoping on the number 11 bus from Phibsboro to UCD to chear on the students if they start at 7:45?
They'd have a bit of a walk, the 10 would be handier from Dalymount. :p

Troy.McClure
25/10/2005, 12:30 PM
Ah they're all the same to me biy!

Peadar
25/10/2005, 12:32 PM
are any of the City boys on for hoping on the number 11 bus from Phibsboro to UCD to chear on the students

If anything, I think the UCD players would be totally distracted if they actually had people cheering for them and would be put off their game. :D

Troy.McClure
25/10/2005, 12:36 PM
I was wondering about that too :D

coislaoi
25/10/2005, 2:03 PM
I don't think that Corks better goal difference of 4 can be counted as much of an advantage really at the moment. If they go in level on points on the last day that will be presuming cork lost 1 more game than Derry between now and the end of the season and I think it's just far too small a margin to be relying on.

I hope it does go to the end of the season though. What a showdown!

You're forgetting about the game in hand, which cancels out a loss. Our game in hand is Rovers in Dalymount.

Troy.McClure
25/10/2005, 2:07 PM
With goal difference, the last game (Cork Derry), goals will count as 2 (ie 1 for you + 1 against the other team) so Corks +4 over Derry can be brought even by Derry winning by 2 clear goals against Cork.

coislaoi
25/10/2005, 2:16 PM
With goal difference, the last game (Cork Derry), goals will count as 2 (ie 1 for you + 1 against the other team) so Corks +4 over Derry can be brought even by Derry winning by 2 clear goals against Cork.

Don't even go there.......:eek: :eek:

Troy.McClure
25/10/2005, 2:22 PM
What does it come down to if its level on points & goal difference? Goals for? Head to head? My guess: drawing of lots.

Schumi
25/10/2005, 2:27 PM
Goals for is next anyway. After that i don't know, play-off maybe? :eek:

pete
25/10/2005, 2:30 PM
I know they changed the rules after the 3 way tie years ago but I wouldn't disagree with playoff when teams finish level. Decide on goal difference if more than 2 teams level.