View Full Version : What will Cork City Win

Pages : [1] 2

centre mid
24/10/2005, 3:52 PM
What will Cork win - Will they do the Double:D or end up with nothing ?:(

superfrank
24/10/2005, 3:57 PM
I hope nothing.

(Waits for the barrage of Dublin jokes....)

Peadar
24/10/2005, 4:02 PM
I hope nothing.

If I was unfortunate enough to be a Bray fan, I'd be more worried about how woeful my team performed in their only chance to win something this season. You're a poor team on the decline.
What Cork City win wont affect you.

superfrank
24/10/2005, 4:05 PM
If I was unfortunate enough to be a Bray fan, I'd be more worried about how woeful my team performed in their only chance to win something this season. You're a poor team on the decline.
What Cork City win wont affect you.
I just knew this would happen./ Why can't you accept my opinion without resorting to insulting me just so you can get your kicks??

centre mid
24/10/2005, 4:06 PM
Stick to the Subject

What Will Cork Win

A face
24/10/2005, 4:07 PM
I hope nothing.

YEAH ... what he said !! :p

And just be thankful we only took 7 of the nine points off ye !!
Next year we wont be so nice to ye now :D

Peadar
24/10/2005, 4:08 PM
Why can't you accept my opinion...

Because,

I hope nothing.

is not an opinion. :rolleyes:

In answer to the original question, I think we will do the double!

OneRedArmy
24/10/2005, 4:09 PM
What Will Cork Win
sympathy and people's hearts.

And the City of Culture thing.

They might also win the cup.

centre mid
24/10/2005, 4:09 PM
In answer to the original question, I think we will do the double!

That want so hard now, was it

superfrank
24/10/2005, 4:10 PM
YEAH ... what he said !! :p

And just be thankful we only took 7 of the nine points off ye !!
Next year we wont be so nice to ye now :D
Again, why do you have to insult me and my team. Why don't you argue your point.

I don't want Cork to win anything because I do not like the way they play. I think Derry a far better side and they deserve to win the title. I want Drogheda to win because I was really impressed with their performance yesterday.

A face
24/10/2005, 4:11 PM
That want so hard now, was it

The double ?? ... nah ... not really !! :p

A face
24/10/2005, 4:12 PM
Again, why do you have to insult me and my team. Why don't you argue your point.

I don't want Cork to win anything because I do not like the way they play. I think Derry a far better side and they deserve to win the title. I want Drogheda to win because I was really impressed with their performance yesterday.

............... :D

centre mid
24/10/2005, 4:15 PM
For what its worth

I think Derry will win the League, points on the board, slightly easier run in and down to the last game

Cork will win the Cup

Peadar
24/10/2005, 4:19 PM
I don't want Cork to win anything because I do not like the way they play.

I want Drogheda to win because I was really impressed with their performance yesterday.

You clearly know good football when you see it! :rolleyes:

You make me appreciate how lucky I am to be a City fan...

I think Derry will win the League, points on the board...

Sorry to rain on your parade mate but we've also got the points on the board and are top with a superior goal difference.
Derry have to come to us on the last day.
They've lost there twice this season already.

A face
24/10/2005, 4:22 PM

Was going to comment on that aswell but it was pointless

Sorry to rain on your parade mate but we've also got the points on the board and are top with a superior goal difference.

In the bag i'd say !! :p

superfrank
24/10/2005, 4:24 PM

Did I say Cork play bad football?? Show me my quote that says it.

I don't like the way they play. Big difference.

Peadar, that attitude is just ridiculous.

centre mid
24/10/2005, 4:25 PM

Do ye not etertain Shels in the penultimate game

dancinpants
24/10/2005, 4:28 PM

No its us.

A face
24/10/2005, 4:29 PM
Peadar, that attitude is just ridiculous.

You have to admit though, he has a point .... it is fairly cool being a City fan !! :p

centre mid
October 31 PD Bohemians -V- Cork City
November 04 PD Waterford United -V- Cork City
November 07 PD Shamrock Rovers -V- Cork City
November 11 PD Shelbourne -V- Cork City
November 18 PD Cork City -V- Derry City

A lot of Away games granted Shels & Bohs only real worry

Oct 21 PD UCD v Derry City
Oct 29 PD Derry City v Waterford Utd
Nov 04 PD Bray Wanderers v Derry City
Nov 11 PD Derry City v St Patricks Ath
Nov 18 PD Cork City v Derry City

Think i'd rather Derry's run in

A face
No its us.

In the league he means .... Yeah its Shels away second last league game !!

superfrank
24/10/2005, 4:30 PM
You have to admit though, he has a point .... it is fairly cool being a City fan !! :p
For now it would be. It's fairly cool being a Bray fan up until 5.15 yesterday.

What goes up, must come down.

centre mid
24/10/2005, 4:30 PM
No its us.

Penultimate means Last but one

dancinpants
24/10/2005, 4:38 PM
Penultimate means Last but one

Ok, I'm retarded - tis very early in the morning over here :o

Peadar
24/10/2005, 4:38 PM

I think the term you've used would apply to Shels, since they're the home side. i.e. Shels "entertain" Cork City FC in the penultimate game of our league campaign.

We've won important games in Tolka before.
Shels have nothing to play for.

monkey magic
24/10/2005, 4:39 PM
For what its worth

I think Derry will win the League, points on the board, slightly easier run in and down to the last game

Cork will win the Cup

have to say city deserve the league... (cork that is)

its been great to see derry this year, they've been a breath of fresh air :eek: kenny is THE man....

but cork have been doin it for a few years now, and are due a bit of serious silverware :ball:

drogheda might surprise them in the cup tho, its a one off and drogs havent a long way to travel which means they should have a good crowd with them...

ps superfrank, you are a tool, he insults you cos you asked for it

Peadar
24/10/2005, 4:45 PM
have to say city deserve the league... (cork that is)

Glad to see you clarified which City. ;)

Are you sticking up for us because you still remember Ollie Cahills goal in Tolka against Shels, when you went on to win the league in Kilkenny!? :D

pete
24/10/2005, 4:47 PM
What goes up, must come down.

Very appropriate for Bray.

;)

monkey magic
24/10/2005, 4:55 PM
Glad to see you clarified which City. ;)

Are you sticking up for us because you still remember Ollie Cahills goal in Tolka against Shels, when you went on to win the league in Kilkenny!? :D

erm... im not a bohez fan :rolleyes::D :eek:

you may have heard of a little club in de midlands called longford town fc... its not the nicest of away trips but ye usually pick up a few points dere every season.....

Peadar
24/10/2005, 4:57 PM
you may have heard of a little club in de midlands called longford town fc...

Sorry about that, mate.
Hard luck against Harps. ;)

monkey magic
24/10/2005, 5:33 PM
Sorry about that, mate.
Hard luck against Harps. ;)

dont even talk to me... mathews out! :o

Partizan
24/10/2005, 7:02 PM
well, despite all the abuse we took off the biactol wearing juveniles over the last couple of years and the en masse love in with their Longballford cousins this time last year, I wouldnt begrudge our grudging neighbours should they be successful.

My only fear is that they would never cease in their well worn 'sheepshagger, small time village team, part-time etc' jibes and 'biggest team in Munster' crap depsite the fact that in their 21 years history they have only won 2 major trophies and that most of them jumped on the bandwagon about 4 years ago. :rolleyes:

A face
24/10/2005, 8:17 PM
'sheepshagger, small time village team, part-time etc' jibes and 'biggest team in Munster' crap

Ah come on Party-boy ... it just wouldn't be the same without it to be fair !! :p

Rebal Boy
24/10/2005, 8:25 PM
CCFC for the Double!

sfc red
24/10/2005, 10:15 PM
Nothing hopefully. Derry play by far the better football and have earned my respect this year while Cork have that cheating b.astard. And before you say this is bitterness, we applauded Derry off the pitch twice this season at Tolka

A face
24/10/2005, 10:18 PM
Nothing hopefully. Derry play by far the better football and have earned my respect this year while Cork have that cheating b.astard. And before you say this is bitterness, we applauded Derry off the pitch twice this season at Tolka

So young ... yet soo soo bitter !! :p

RedX
24/10/2005, 10:40 PM

You are very funny...:D ...i really mean that...:eek:

Anyway back to the thread...i will try and not be bias here but i think Cork City will win the DOUBLE....:p

sligoman
25/10/2005, 12:14 AM
Stick to the Subject

What Will Cork WinEh, nowt;)

RedX
25/10/2005, 12:17 AM
Eh, nowt;)

Are you on about Cork City or Sligo Rovers there young man?...;)

sligoman
25/10/2005, 1:02 AM
Are you on about Cork City or Sligo Rovers there young man?...;)Cork City old man:p and while we're on it, Cobh will also win nowt;) :D :p

Peadar
25/10/2005, 8:13 AM
Cobh will also win nowt;) :D :p

Just bookmarked this thread so that I can bring it back up to bite you. :D

A face
25/10/2005, 11:58 AM
Just bookmarked this thread so that I can bring it back up to bite you. :D

Thats a good idea !! :p

drinkfeckarse
25/10/2005, 1:46 PM
Hope Cork win the double especially the league though. Having seen the run-ins for both teams I think Derry might nick it unfortunately.

Speranza
25/10/2005, 1:46 PM
Just bookmarked this thread so that I can bring it back up to bite you.

Why? Can you not accept people's opinions? I'm not going to get upset if anyone says we won't win the league. I think realistically Cork will win the cup and probably the league but a difference of opinion from the rebel army doesn't automatically make someone bitter and jealous.

sligoman
25/10/2005, 1:50 PM
Just bookmarked this thread so that I can bring it back up to bite you. :D:rolleyes:.

Ah no, to be fair, I think Cork will win the cup but the league is Derry's and the first is ours;). A north west double:cool: :p

Block G Raptor
25/10/2005, 2:01 PM
bohs will stuff cork on monday afternoon there by handing the impetious to a Deserving Derry win for derry at the cross and bobs your uncle fanny's yer ma its al over and up the derry for the party
the bogside inn here i come

Peadar
25/10/2005, 3:23 PM
but a difference of opinion from the rebel army doesn't automatically make someone bitter and jealous.

That was about Cobh pipping Sligo for the title and sligoman eating his words.
Nothing to do with the Rebel Army.
Back in your box Speranza. :rolleyes:

A face
25/10/2005, 3:52 PM
Why? Can you not accept people's opinions? I'm not going to get upset if anyone says we won't win the league. I think realistically Cork will win the cup and probably the league but a difference of opinion from the rebel army doesn't automatically make someone bitter and jealous.

Ahh .... Cobh play Sligo at the weekend !! :eek:

Éanna
27/10/2005, 11:31 PM
I don't want Cork to win anything because I do not like the way they play. Terrible, isn't it? Seeing a team keep the ball on the deck :rolleyes: Shocking stuff :rolleyes:

Éanna
27/10/2005, 11:34 PM
We WILL win the league, because we deserve it. We've been the best team in the league since the final third of last season. As for the cup, I think we'll win that too, but it'll be a toughie. I'll be delighted to see Derry finish second, they're a superb team and their fans are an absolute credit to their lovely city. Here's hoping its the two citys fighting it out at the top for some time to come