PDA

View Full Version : Hard luck lads

Cosmo
24/10/2005, 9:31 AM
I notice not one post on here since the final.

We had the feeling last season (but much worse in the way we went out) - we know what it feels like - tough luck yesterday lads. Decent showing of numbers from ye too.

KK77
24/10/2005, 10:07 AM
Fair play the best team won on the day good luck in the final. have to be honest had a bad feeling once most on here thought it was our cup this year ahh well maybe next season!!!!

ColinR
24/10/2005, 10:13 AM
just second what cosmo said. always a sickener to loss a cup semi, as we learned last year. had an awful feeling when tresson scored (it had to be him). fair play to the fans that stayed around, and a couple that went to mother hughes afterwards.

and at least your mascot won the penalty shout out ;)

BrayZil
24/10/2005, 10:18 AM
I’m still totally devastated. But it just wasn’t to be. Really appreciate your comments Cosmo & Colin. Best of luck in the final. Hope youz go on to win it!!

Grasshopper 99
24/10/2005, 11:49 AM
Well done lads, should be a good final. hopefully it will be a packed tolka park.

mchurl
24/10/2005, 1:05 PM
fair play to drogs u were by far the better team hope u do yourselves proud in the final

The Wanderer
24/10/2005, 2:59 PM
Fair play lads, am gutted with result, but hope u go do the business against Cork!

superfrank
24/10/2005, 3:48 PM
Good luck to Drogheda. I'll be up for you in the final.

You were the better team. You could create better chances and defended better. I can't have any complaints with the result.

I'm just very depressed that we lost....

iceman
24/10/2005, 7:54 PM
Hard luck yesterday. Fair play to the Bray fans who came out in numbers to support their team and behaved impeccably. The EL can only get better with occasions like this.

Roo69
25/10/2005, 9:51 AM
Fair play to ya's for coming on and saying that, the slightly better of the 2 teams won so no complaints, you took your chances on the day and thats what matters. Hope ya go on and win the final now, might even make the trip out to it and cheer ya on after all :D

Just watched the highlights on TV3 last night again, still don't know how Tarzan and McGovern missed there chances in the 1st half.

Grasshopper 99
26/10/2005, 8:34 AM
Mcgovern is not a striker and it looked like it did bounce up into him, but tarzan should have done better, would have changed the game.

KR's Post
26/10/2005, 3:57 PM
Mcgovern is not a striker and it looked like it did bounce up into him, but tarzan should have done better, would have changed the game.

Course it would have, we'd have went 1-0 up.. Talking to tarz though, he said he actually headed it to well, if you know what he means. We'll forgive him and McGovren though.

BobtheDrog
26/10/2005, 8:19 PM
like the lads before just wanted to commiserate with you hard luck and fair play to you and your fellow fans impeccable behaviour

Stevo Da Gull
27/10/2005, 9:41 PM
Apreciate all the Drogs fans comments;) . Congratulations on getting to the final and I would like to wish ye good luck:) :ball:

They say that the semis are the worst to go out in and well I'll tell ya I was f'n gutted:( , all of the Drogs fans of course know how it feels from last season, worst I've ever felt after a football match but well done to all players involved, a credit to the competition. Felt really sh!t up until Wednesday (still aint thrilled or anything) when I started to think ahead to Rovers tomorrow, Cmon the Wanderers!

KR's Post
29/10/2005, 8:19 AM
Last week was my biggest dissapointment since failing to get promoted when we were robbed playing Home Farm in that crucial winner takes all game! Thanks Drogs, the comments are much appreciated. Best of luck in the final, i'll be out there cheering you's on!