PDA

View Full Version : Match reports on Drogs official site

Pages : [1] 2

BohsFans
24/10/2005, 12:11 AM
I find them quite amazing and very unprofessional for an official site!

eg: http://www.droghedaunited.ie/scripts/Result.asp?FixtureID=396

+

http://www.droghedaunited.ie/Scripts/Result.asp?FixtureID=318

Snoop Drog
24/10/2005, 12:46 AM

+

Thanks for your opinion BohsFan, you always have the option of not reading them.

blutil
24/10/2005, 10:25 AM
If Yiz wanta know anny more about the match, watch the video, because honestly, I'm a little bit locked , y'see I had one in Mothers, a small one in Keelaghans, a Vodka and RB in Redz,the usual in the Gen and up to Barney's to meet the lads and they said -we're all goin upta the Widda's to shoot some pool and then I remembered - I forgot to do the fecking web report . I think the occasion musta got to me.

how is that unproffesional :D

Cosmo
24/10/2005, 10:28 AM
I like them, makes a change from the boring a**e reports on other sites - puts a bit of fun in it tbh.

If ye dont like the, dont bother reading them :rolleyes:

pete
24/10/2005, 12:27 PM
Its reads like a match report posted on foot.ie
Official sites should list team lineout, bookings, substitutions etc...

Peadar
24/10/2005, 12:29 PM
So long as it mentions how brutal Bray were then it should be fairly accurate. :D

pineapple stu
24/10/2005, 12:34 PM
The UCD one is even worse -

The late Tommy Nelis from the Windmill Lane was right - Purgatory is a wet night in UCD -

This match showed the Drogs at their best and their worst, their worst being the conceding of two ****ty goals and their best being the scoring to two superb ones - the first being a magnificent Fahey free kick and the second being a fabiolous Fabio strike after being put through by Stewie............... and it was a wet miserable night with wet seats,rain, mist,uneven pitch,no tea etc etc etc etc etc etc etc etc etc etc etc..................

We started with the same eleven as last week except that Jermaine started on the left in place of Shane, who did not make the bench. We started as if we were going to overwhelm UCD with everyone looking sharp ..............Leecho had two good headers after 2 and 10 minutes. Brilliant build-up play involving at least five players on the left ended with a great Webb cross which nobody could steer home.we had two more chances until in the 15th minute, hesitation outside our own box and the old story... a shot from outside the box............dan off his line.......goal in over dan's head.......jaysus not again !!!!!!!!. Keith Fahey went close with a few frees, and on 40 curled a beautiful one for the equaliser.........now lads sit tight !!!!!!. but no .......stupid corner given away..........and no one challenges for it....ball in net.NO TEA AT HALF TIME !.

Sami replaces Paul Keegan for the second half and we start brightly as in the first half and come near on a few occasions, then Stewie replaces Leecho and we press more, fabio through only to be fouled by the LAST MAN !.....buttimer and the linesman both bottle the decision and give the yellow. 10 to go ........dan kick out, Stewie heads the ball on and Fabio strikes from outside the box with as good a goal as he has ever scored for the Drogs........ a great strike. minutes tick on , Stewie and Webb both desperately unlucky to not to grab the winner, but it was not to be......Why was it not to be ??????????.........because it was wet ucd and the great thing is that we dont have to sample its boring delights again this season.... let me outa here !!!
Illiterate, often anti-UCD drivel which has no place on an official website. I know Pat's got an earful off of us and the league for less in their match programme a couple of years back. Have to laugh when you see things like this and yet their fans say they're one of the most progressive clubs in the league. This is a club who don't even bother paying their transfer fees on time either.:rolleyes:

coislaoi
24/10/2005, 1:25 PM
Ffs lads we've become very politically correct all the same. Don't take it all so seriously. This is a report on the Drogs website. A semi-humorous but reasonably objective view of the game I saw yesterday.

The website did a report of our game with them last week in Turners Cross. I wouldn't agree with much of it, but hey it's their website and no two peoples view of the one game is the same.;)

BohsFans
24/10/2005, 2:53 PM
Well there defo shouldn't be any cursing in it, which there is of plenty!

ColinR
24/10/2005, 3:19 PM
c'mon its not like the official site is complaining about the loss of some hooligans' flag (unlike other official websites)

BohsFans
24/10/2005, 9:06 PM
c'mon its not like the official site is complaining about the loss of some hooligans' flag (unlike other official websites)

That was a national flag robbed from the clubs premises by our tenants, your official site is an absolute joke!

Cosmo
24/10/2005, 9:17 PM
That was a national flag robbed from the clubs premises by our tenants, your official site is an absolute joke!

But did it now say 'Bohs Soccer Casuals' on it :rolleyes:

pete
24/10/2005, 9:52 PM
But did it now say 'Bohs Soccer Casuals' on it :rolleyes:

Does that mean Bohs officially recognise their casual firm?

Dodge
24/10/2005, 10:05 PM
Course they do....

And BTW Bohs site is shockingly biased too. Very poorly written (and yeah I get the irony)

BohsFans
24/10/2005, 11:45 PM
Does that mean Bohs officially recognise their casual firm?

OFF TOPIC

There's another thread on that somewhere...

Point is the drogs official site is unprofessional and makes a joke of the league!

Can you see it in any other top league in the world on a professional clubs official site:

If Yiz wanta know anny more about the match, watch the video, because honestly, I'm a little bit locked , y'see I had one in Mothers, a small one in Keelaghans, a Vodka and RB in Redz,the usual in the Gen and up to Barney's to meet the lads and they said -we're all goin upta the Widda's to shoot some pool and then I remembered - I forgot to do the fecking web report . I think the occasion musta got to me.

and there's no excuse for the cursing in another match report.
That's something they should be repremanded for by their hosts and the league.

ColinR
25/10/2005, 7:51 AM
its very much on topic i'm afraid, because you raised an issue about unprofessional official club websites, yet your club has shown the least professional approach of any club (the small club so to speak) through its recogition and support to a group of hooligans on its official website.

Cosmo
25/10/2005, 8:26 AM
OFF TOPIC

There's another thread on that somewhere...

Point is the drogs official site is unprofessional and makes a joke of the league!

Can you see it in any other top league in the world on a professional clubs official site:

and there's no excuse for the cursing in another match report.
That's something they should be repremanded for by their hosts and the league.

Jaysus, for a bohs fan ye really are very pc - get a sense of humour will ye :rolleyes: .

Sour grapes maybe or haven't got laid in a while :confused:

Now back to the bohs official site and the Bohs Soccer Casuals flag......................................

pineapple stu
25/10/2005, 8:32 PM
Jaysus, for a bohs fan ye really are very pc - get a sense of humour will ye :rolleyes:
Since when is pointing out illiteracy PC?

joeraki
25/10/2005, 9:24 PM
Now back to the bohs official site and the Bohs Soccer Casuals flag......................................

Where is that thing btw, has it popped up anywhere ? A very funny incident indeed. Thought Bohs nailing there colours to the mast in support of there hooligans was a good one :D

I admire there honesty though after been in denial for years

Cosmo
26/10/2005, 6:58 AM
Since when is pointing out illiteracy PC?

Illeteracy :confused: - sure we're all illiterate up here so we dont notice that much :D

Seriously, the reports are a laugh, get over it :) (as I said makes a nice change from the usual boring match reports)

Cosmo
26/10/2005, 1:43 PM
oh Here that is funny ! Very unprofessional for a club that is meant to be just that though !

But funny :D

BohsFans
26/10/2005, 2:53 PM
its very much on topic i'm afraid, because you raised an issue about unprofessional official club websites, yet your club has shown the least professional approach of any club (the small club so to speak) through its recogition and support to a group of hooligans on its official website.

I'm afraid your wrong there!
Read the threads title again or can't you read? "Match reports on Drogs official site"

BohsFans
26/10/2005, 2:57 PM
Seriously, the reports are a laugh, get over it :) (as I said makes a nice change from the usual boring match reports)

yeah but on an unofficial site, not the official one!
You have to learn to be professional sometime!!
God knows your was already doing a bad enough job! (one cup final doesn't justify the kind of money spent on that team) :p

ColinR
26/10/2005, 3:01 PM

+

the first post (your own) refered to the fact there are somethings that are "quite amazing and very unprofessional for an official site!" , and i just referred you to your own small club's attempt at an official site contained the most unprofessional item for an eL site by giving recognition to your in house hooligans. by raising the topic you brought it 'on-topic',

or are bohs not considered professional club (well i suppose then you would be right, and it is off topic)

Cosmo
26/10/2005, 3:19 PM
or are bohs not considered professional club (well i suppose then you would be right, and it is off topic)

Well not next season anyway :D

pineapple stu
26/10/2005, 5:32 PM
But funny :D
Funny? Where?:confused: (Seriously)

BohsFans
26/10/2005, 5:55 PM
the first post (your own) refered to the fact there are somethings that are "quite amazing and very unprofessional for an official site!" , and i just referred you to your own small club's attempt at an official site contained the most unprofessional item for an eL site by giving recognition to your in house hooligans. by raising the topic you brought it 'on-topic',

ColinR I might have had a bit of respect for you if you could have answered or even argued the statement I put up about the Drogs site, your just another Co. Louth idiot!
You seem to be more concerned with the BSC flag than the professionalism of your own club off the pitch. Very worring indeed.:rolleyes:

Cosmo
26/10/2005, 6:22 PM
Funny? Where?:confused: (Seriously)

Thats where the you having no sense of humour comes in ;) :)

anto eile
26/10/2005, 6:42 PM

+

what exactly is so wrong with drogheda as a club being biased in favor of eh.. drogheda?
check out some official argentine club sites. they rip the absolute pi$$ out of their rivals. and rightly so

ColinR
27/10/2005, 8:08 AM
ColinR I might have had a bit of respect for you if you could have answered or even argued the statement I put up about the Drogs site, your just another Co. Louth idiot!
You seem to be more concerned with the BSC flag than the professionalism of your own club off the pitch. Very worring indeed.:rolleyes:

well the lack of respectc is going both ways, your original post was about unprofessional approach to websites. had you started with 'whilst i acknowledge the my club's support for our own hooligans on our official website was reallly unprofessional, but have you seen the drogs match reports.....', but instead you seem intent on disparaging on club's website, whilst ignoring your own more un-professional site - just a small club attitude i suppose.

as for the reports, they work, people go back and read them. they are meant to be biased and light-hearted, and not another sterile crap that most other sites have. They attract extra hits to the site, which pleases our sponsors etc, so i could argue that they are the very professional reports in that sense.

but if it annoys idiots like you, then all the better :D

SeanDrog
27/10/2005, 8:44 AM
Bohsfan I don't think a Drogs fan could care less if he didn't get respect from a Bohs fan as the last number of matches in Drogheda with Bohs have left many (unfortunately) with absolutely no respect for your club due to the violence a section of your support have brought to the event. Drogheda has had nothing but trouble with this fixture in recent years and even Rovers don't give as much trouble (and in fairness they give very very little compared to Bohs). I always have to chuckle when I see Bohs trying to knock Rovers for violence as it is clearly (in my experience) the pot calling the kettle black.

The mentioning of the acknowledgement of Bohs on your offical site of the casuals flag just reinforced this opinion among many many supporters throughout the league.

I always liked Dalymount (favourite away ground and I think structically the best for watching a game), I admired the real Bohs supporters and their passion and love for the club but in recent years the actions of certain sections has simply tarnished your image - which is quite saddening for what was once a great club.

So to wrap up - it does come across quite comical a Bohs fan trying to state that we are making a joke of the league with our match reports when your own club has much much bigger issues which ironically are tarnishing the league.

No doubt these comments will be alll deemed hogwash but remember an alcoholic can never recover until he admitts he has a problem.

mandrake
27/10/2005, 12:06 PM
well said seandrog....
and remember 'Purgatory IS a wet night in UCD'

BohsFans
27/10/2005, 4:48 PM
Bohsfan I don't think a Drogs fan could care less if he didn't get respect from a Bohs fan as the last number of matches in Drogheda with Bohs have left many (unfortunately) with absolutely no respect for your club due to the violence a section of your support have brought to the event. Drogheda has had nothing but trouble with this fixture in recent years and even Rovers don't give as much trouble (and in fairness they give very very little compared to Bohs). I always have to chuckle when I see Bohs trying to knock Rovers for violence as it is clearly (in my experience) the pot calling the kettle black.

The mentioning of the acknowledgement of Bohs on your offical site of the casuals flag just reinforced this opinion among many many supporters throughout the league.

I always liked Dalymount (favourite away ground and I think structically the best for watching a game), I admired the real Bohs supporters and their passion and love for the club but in recent years the actions of certain sections has simply tarnished your image - which is quite saddening for what was once a great club.

So to wrap up - it does come across quite comical a Bohs fan trying to state that we are making a joke of the league with our match reports when your own club has much much bigger issues which ironically are tarnishing the league.

No doubt these comments will be alll deemed hogwash but remember an alcoholic can never recover until he admitts he has a problem.

This is getting off topic again, but there are so many lies in there it's unbelievable!

I've always liked Drogs away but the amount of scum that we met up there before the cup match was unbelievable!
There were over 100 drogs around where the bus was and what can only be described as a riot ensued!!

I'd look closer to home at your own hooligans before you start having a go at my club.

ah pot and kettle......

BohsFans
27/10/2005, 4:53 PM
Back to the topic title, you have put up absolutely no sound argument about the cursing and advertising of binge drinking way your webmaster.

Small town, small club, even smaller minds!:)

Cosmo
27/10/2005, 5:34 PM
This is getting off topic again, but there are so many lies in there it's unbelievable!

I've always liked Drogs away but the amount of scum that we met up there before the cup match was unbelievable!
There were over 100 drogs around where the bus was and what can only be described as a riot ensued!!

I'd look closer to home at your own hooligans before you start having a go at my club.

ah pot and kettle......

You are a grade A bullsh!tter!!! :rolleyes:

ColinR
27/10/2005, 5:57 PM
advertising of binge drinking way your webmaster.

the small club' fan is just getting more and more idiotic as his rants go on. :rolleyes: :rolleyes:

show us where there is 'advertising' of binge drinking, or are you getting sensationalist now.

as i have responded to your original point in my last point, will you respond to mine - that bohs showed themselves to have the least professional 'official' website by their recognition and support for hooligans???????

BohsFans
27/10/2005, 7:11 PM

BohsFans
27/10/2005, 7:16 PM
You are a grade A bullsh!tter!!! :rolleyes:

turning a blind eye are we. It's FACT!

If I'm not mistaken it was in the local papers the next day...

Cosmo
27/10/2005, 8:00 PM
turning a blind eye are we. It's FACT!

If I'm not mistaken it was in the local papers the next day...

You are mistaken - it wasn't in any local papers because what you said didnt happen- FACT :rolleyes:

Only trouble caused up in drogheda this season has been with bohs - why not ask the 15 year old drog who got his jaw broken by someone in his mid to late 20's - FACT :rolleyes:

This FACT thing is so naff :rolleyes:

Jaysus the Big Pub fans must be really worried about their part time future - delighted for you, but feel sorry for the non bullsh!tting bohs fans we gladly mix with for a few pints when they come to drogheda

BohsFans
27/10/2005, 8:18 PM
You are mistaken - it wasn't in any local papers because what you said didnt happen- FACT :rolleyes:

Only trouble caused up in drogheda this season has been with bohs - why not ask the 15 year old drog who got his jaw broken by someone in his mid to late 20's - FACT :rolleyes:

This FACT thing is so naff :rolleyes:

Jaysus the Big Pub fans must be really worried about their part time future - delighted for you, but feel sorry for the non bullsh!tting bohs fans we gladly mix with for a few pints when they come to drogheda

It happened weather you like it or not and Dogs fans do know about it, was talkin 2 a guy in my class in college about it who's a dog!!
Oh and as us Bohs fans say it's...... FACT!

Cosmo
27/10/2005, 8:21 PM
It happened weather you like it or not and Dogs fans do know about it, was talkin 2 a guy in my class in college about it who's a dog!!

You really are hilarious :D

Stop telling tales little boy :rolleyes:

BohsFans
27/10/2005, 8:33 PM
Well if your gonna act like a spoilt little child about it then there's no point in having an agrument with you over it!
Also the funny thing is you say that a 15 year old drog who got his jaw broken by someone in his mid to late 20's, that's rubbish FACT!
and if indeed he was one of them in there for a fight, it's his own fault, you play with fire, you get burnt.
There's no defending Dog scum!

SeanDrog
28/10/2005, 7:02 AM
and when you are the most unwelcome club in the league - what then.

Its a shame, real shame,

SeanDrog
28/10/2005, 7:07 AM
Please take a moment and read your posts and reflect on how you protray your club and more importantly yourself. Its a shame that even though you are in third level education that you come across as a fool who is blind to the realities and is sold a story by a "few lads in his class".

I'm afraid for you my friend that you may already be lost and that you are now just another part of that "section" of the Bohs revisionists (wouldn't call you a supporter) who drag the oonce good name of your club further and further into the mud.

I really really do feel for the real supporters of Bohs who have saved that club by digging deep and spending hours each week to keep things like the bar , programme etc running and running well to only be undermined by the casulas and their defenders.

You should be ashamed.

ColinR
28/10/2005, 7:48 AM

right so a pint, a half pint, and a vodka plus the usual (does idiotboy on foot.ie know what the writer's usual is??????) constitues 'advertising' binge drinking.

where is the binge drinking????

where is the advertising of it?????

how much of an idiot is bohsfan? (well i think we know the answer to that one) :rolleyes:

SeanDrog
28/10/2005, 7:56 AM
Colin I think its clear we are talkijng to the wall and although it is very sad to see such ignorance in a fellow el supporter , you shouldn't allow your pity to be vented as anger towards him.

I will light a candle for him this weekend.

Cosmo
28/10/2005, 8:03 AM
Also the funny thing is you say that a 15 year old drog who got his jaw broken by someone in his mid to late 20's, that's rubbish FACT!

Eh well the hospital report and guards report will back that up :rolleyes:

I feel sorry for ye buddy, I really do

Surely ye have some homework to do or something, so runalong and stop telling tales little boy :rolleyes:

Celdrog
28/10/2005, 9:16 AM

Are you Dr. Doolittle by any chance???????

Perhaps the bus that was attacked by this marauding group of rabid dogs was the one attended to by two squad cars on the North road as seven classy Bohs fans "relieved" themselves at a petrol station on the North road. Only unfortunate thing was they used the front of the petrol station instead of the toilet. The last time I saw that was the All-Ireland match in Croker recently when the two Nordie counties made the M1 look like a complete open air sewer.

Its a fairly daming indictment of the third level education system that a muppet like this can get into the system. Its also a pity for the majority of Bohs fans who are dead sound to have a muppet like you embarrassing them.

BohsFans
28/10/2005, 11:38 PM
Eh well the hospital report and guards report will back that up :rolleyes:

I feel sorry for ye buddy, I really do

Surely ye have some homework to do or something, so runalong and stop telling tales little boy :rolleyes:

Your nothing worse than a little child :rolleyes:

BohsFans
28/10/2005, 11:41 PM
Please take a moment and read your posts and reflect on how you protray your club and more importantly yourself. Its a shame that even though you are in third level education that you come across as a fool who is blind to the realities and is sold a story by a "few lads in his class".

I'm afraid for you my friend that you may already be lost and that you are now just another part of that "section" of the Bohs revisionists (wouldn't call you a supporter) who drag the oonce good name of your club further and further into the mud.

I really really do feel for the real supporters of Bohs who have saved that club by digging deep and spending hours each week to keep things like the bar , programme etc running and running well to only be undermined by the casulas and their defenders.

You should be ashamed.

Sean, your a joke simple as!
I was gonna offer you explain face 2 face when we play next Nov. but what's the point??
Your clearly an arsehole wearing blinkers:o I almost feel sorry for you:p