PDA

View Full Version : If it does get moved ...

A face
23/10/2005, 6:22 PM
to a bigger venue .... what should the club be doing about getting fans there.

Maybe go to a few schools and give a package deal to classes etc.

Any other ideas ??

Maz
23/10/2005, 6:25 PM
You probably wont need to do any of the above, such a big occasion will bring people out regardless.

But I think if deals are going to be drawn up then you need to target school kids, once they want to go parents will follow, a nice family day out/weekend in Dublin ;)

Fair_play_boy
23/10/2005, 10:09 PM
You probably wont need to do any of the above, such a big occasion will bring people out regardless.

But I think if deals are going to be drawn up then you need to target school kids, once they want to go parents will follow, a nice family day out/weekend in Dublin ;)Agreed about the kid-parent trap thing. Most of the dads in my park only go because the brats dragged them there once or twice, they got hooked themselves, and now they are regulars. Great to see.

Risteard
24/10/2005, 3:19 PM
Well if its likely to be a sell-out, which it will still be if moved to the rds, it'd be the worst time ever to go recruiting new fans through discounts.

ollie
25/10/2005, 10:41 AM
Well if its likely to be a sell-out, which it will still be if moved to the rds, it'd be the worst time ever to go recruiting new fans through discounts.

surely they would move it to lansdowne before the rds??how much does the rds hold?15k max?

tiktok
25/10/2005, 10:49 AM
surely they would move it to lansdowne before the rds??how much does the rds hold?15k max?

14k seated, 25k standing
Unlikely to take the seats out though because Leinster are using it for Rugby games at the mo'.

kingcolers
25/10/2005, 12:27 PM
do ye think there will be more than 15K going to the game? what's been the highest attendance at an FAI cup final in recent years?

Copa Mundial
25/10/2005, 6:05 PM
Approximately 22,000 in 1990.Bray v St. Francis.If you can call that recent.Game was at Lansdowne.All the Tolka finals in recent history have been more or less at capacity. 13/14k at Longford v Pats in 2003 and a dissapointing 10k approx for Longford v Waterford last year. Silly figures are being thrown around at the minute, but i think a 16k for this years final is a realistic figure considering the clubs that are involved if the FAI market it correctly.Anymore than that will be a bonus.
I think the problem with Lansdowne is that an international rugby game is scheduled to be played there the day before the Cup Final. Didnt stop the semi final being played at 'd cross' last friday I hear you say.:eek:

pete
25/10/2005, 6:12 PM
I think the problem with Lansdowne is that an international rugby game is scheduled to be played there the day before the Cup Final.

There is no international rugby game scheduled for 3 December. 26 November is last Autumn international.

dermo
25/10/2005, 8:42 PM
I was in the RDS last week , the pitch is in great nick, they have the bucket seats from Lansdowne and excellent lighting on 2 huge cranes, temporary bars and catering. Much better option than Lansdowne. 20k would fit in there well .

Peadar
26/10/2005, 9:43 AM
the pitch is in great nick

That wont last long if the rugby is on there regularly.

temporary bars and catering.

What are the chances of us having a bar available?
It ain't going to happen!

A face
26/10/2005, 10:09 AM
What are the chances of us having a bar available?
It ain't going to happen!

It is their loss in fairness ... they would clean up if they did. :eek: :rolleyes:

Schumi
26/10/2005, 3:18 PM
That wont last long if the rugby is on there regularly.There's only two more rugby games scheduled there (can't see Leinster qualifying for the knock-out of the Heineken Cup, never mind a home draw) and the next one isn't til a week after the cup final anyway. The Celtic League games are still in Donnybrook.

iceman
26/10/2005, 9:59 PM
No more Rugby at the RDS before 4th Dec.