PDA

View Full Version : Kildare County v Rovers

Red4Eva
22/10/2005, 4:01 PM
looking at Kildare's form i have to say they seem pretty pathetic. last win was 20th aug and that was against athlone. i think mctiernan's due a goal. kildare playin 2nite too so hopefully da extra day off gives us some sort of edge. some ppl complained bout winning by da odd goal earlier on in da season, what we wouldn't for one of them now.

i fancy kilkenny to get somethin from 2nite's game

sligoman
22/10/2005, 4:04 PM
It's gonna be tough, even though they are on poor form, Rovers always find it difficult against them. Any sort of a victory and I'll be happy. We must win, if we dont then we'll probably be going into the Cobh game in second place and no game in hand anymore:(. Rovers always make things difficult for themselves but hopefully we can start putting in the performances now at this late stage of the season.

Prediction: 2-0 to us with McT getting both goals:)

sligoman
22/10/2005, 8:17 PM
i fancy kilkenny to get somethin from 2nite's gameWell there winning 1-0 at the moment:)

EDIT: 2-0 now:) :) :)

Shiba
22/10/2005, 8:43 PM
Well there winning 1-0 at the moment:)

EDIT: 2-0 now:) :) :)
Final Result 2-0 good reult for us.We must win Monday ,no other result will do.In spite of what is been said about Kildare remember Athlone were bottom and they held us

feo123
22/10/2005, 9:19 PM
Final Result 2-0
Delighted! win on monday, then beat cobh, we'll only need 2 points i think from 3 games!!:) :) :D

redrov2005
23/10/2005, 10:32 AM
What's the best route from Sligo to Newbridge ?

d rovers
23/10/2005, 12:17 PM
great result for us last night. if we can get the 3 points in kildare then it will set us up nicely for the game vs cobh.

i checked the aa site & it routes you up through boyle, roscommon, athlone, tullamore to newbridge. distance 135 miles & route time of 3hrs 33 mins. bad road, so i'm going to head via mullingar, kilcock & then head for naas. 138 miles & 3hrs 52 minutes (or so says the aa website).

sylvo
23/10/2005, 1:04 PM
great result for us last night. if we can get the 3 points in kildare then it will set us up nicely for the game vs cobh.

i checked the aa site & it routes you up through boyle, roscommon, athlone, tullamore to newbridge. distance 135 miles & route time of 3hrs 33 mins. bad road, so i'm going to head via mullingar, kilcock & then head for naas. 138 miles & 3hrs 52 minutes (or so says the aa website).

Give yourself plenty of time, because the you'll have to come off the N4 at the contraflow at the Kilcock interchange where the motorway is still under consruction, and at evenings it's pretty mad. Head into Kilcock it's self and from there you'll be able to pick up the signs for Naas, its about a 35 minute drive from Kilcock then to Newbridge.

redrov2005
23/10/2005, 5:08 PM
Thanks lads ! Seems straight forward...ish !!!

Red4Eva
23/10/2005, 5:17 PM
last ime i went from sligo-newbridge we went via kinnegad&turned off there. that was handy enuff, better than goin from boyle to athlone anyway

d rovers
24/10/2005, 11:51 AM
for some reason the aa route finder was sending me up as far as kilcock. got the atlas out & via kinnegad looks like the way to go. thanks for the info.

dapman1
24/10/2005, 1:28 PM
The best way is probably Kinnegad, Edenderry, Rathangan, Newbridge.

The roads around Edenderry are a it scary (basically tarmac on bog), but otehr then that its the most direct route.

Leave yourselves some extra time as its lashng rain down here at the moment. Again.

:mad:

sligoman
24/10/2005, 2:39 PM
Long-time eircom League First Division leaders Sligo Rovers will have one foot in the Premier Division if they can take all three points against struggling Kildare County in Monday night’s rearranged game at Station Road. Kick-off: 7.30pm.

Sligo were held to a 1-1 draw by Limerick FC on Friday night, the fourth straight draw for Sean Connor’s side.

That result opened the door for second-placed Cobh Ramblers on Saturday night, but Sligo were given a major boost as the Cork men fell to a home defeat at the hands of Kilkenny City.

And the Bit O’Red can take advantage of their game in hand to open up a potentially decisive five-point lead with victory over a Kildare side seeking its first win in eight First Division games.

With just four games remaining after tonight’s fixture, a five-point gap would leave Sligo with a virtually insurmountable lead as the eircom League winds down to its November finale.

Sligo had to content themselves with a point on their last visit to Station Road in May, and given their spate of recent draws and the importance of this game, they will be keen to improve on that this evening.

Match Preview (http://www.eleven-a-side.com/previews/preview.asp?pid=367)

Red Soldier
24/10/2005, 6:59 PM
Aright lads livin in Wales at the minute,could some one keep me posted with the latest score?cheers

Rovers1
24/10/2005, 7:01 PM
Come On Rovers!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

sligoman
24/10/2005, 7:01 PM
Aright lads livin in Wales at the minute,could some one keep me posted with the latest score?cheersI'll post it as soon as I hear it;)

EDIT: 0-0 after 25 mins

gustavo
24/10/2005, 7:04 PM
http://www.rte.ie/aertel/p222.htm

Rovers1
24/10/2005, 7:06 PM
what time are ocean fms updates?

sligoman
24/10/2005, 7:09 PM
what time are ocean fms updates?Every 25 minutes or so

sligoman
24/10/2005, 7:10 PM
http://www.rte.ie/aertel/p222.htmThey still have it as -v-:rolleyes: :D. Dont think they've realised it's actually started yet:mad:

sligoman
24/10/2005, 7:13 PM
Half time, 0-0. Kildare more threatening looking so far:o

sligoman
24/10/2005, 7:36 PM
Still 0-0 but we've started better in the second half;)

sligoman
24/10/2005, 7:50 PM
Still 0-0, looks like yet another draw:mad: :(

Rebal Boy
24/10/2005, 8:04 PM
Stll 0-0 with about 10 or so mins to go. Hope it stays that way or else a Kildare win. RAMS FOR THE 1ST DIV!:cool:

strangeirish
24/10/2005, 8:23 PM
Kildare County 0-0 Sligo Rovers
Low missed pen 90
Station Road

from errortel. Of course they didn't realise the game was on till it was over:rolleyes:

dublinred
24/10/2005, 8:37 PM
Kildare County 0-0 Sligo Rovers
Low missed pen 90
Station Road

from errortel. Of course they didn't realise the game was on till it was over:rolleyes:

confirmed:mad:

strangeirish
24/10/2005, 8:44 PM
From RTE

KILDARE COUNTY 0-0 SLIGO ROVERS
Eircom League First Division leaders
Sligo Rovers missed the opportunity to
go five points clear after tonight's
0-0 draw with Kildare County at Station
Road.

The home side had enjoyed the better
chances throughout with Rovers captain
Michael McNamara clearing a first half
effort off the line.

However, Sean Connor's men were denied
a sensational last minute victory when
Hawaiian left back Kupono Low blazed
his penalty over with virtually the
last kick of the game after Paul Brown
had been fouled in the area.

nismo
24/10/2005, 10:09 PM
thank ****....:D

sligoman
24/10/2005, 11:42 PM
RAMS FOR THE 1ST DIV!:cool:Can someone do something about this obvious troll?:rolleyes: :D :p

d rovers
25/10/2005, 9:28 AM
i think my one abiding memory of last nights game will be kupano low sending the penalty into orbit! it troubled nasa more than the kildare keeper. very poor performance from rovers. if kildare were a half decent team they would have taken all 3 points. its still in our own hands & a win vs cobh should see us go up.

Redzer
25/10/2005, 9:39 AM
Kildare had one game plan, and that was to stop us playing football. All of their players, bar the keeper, must have been booked during the game. Saying that they had a few chances. Mac cleared a ball of the line from a corner. The most worring part was we did not test their keeper all night.
In defence of Low, he was only on the pitch 5 min. He should not have taken the penalty IMO.

d rovers
25/10/2005, 10:26 AM
kildare didn't try to play football, but how many teams in this division have tried to play football against us this year? the quicker we get out of it the better.
rovers never got going last night, & faz had a stinker. he kept giving the ball away inside his own half & setting up kildare attacks. he needs to sort it out before sat night. rovers really need a big performance against cobh.

rammie
25/10/2005, 11:49 AM
Yeah alot of teams in this division are player players not ball players ..if you know what I mean. The football playing sides in this division are Cobh,Sligo, Galway,... Kilkenny play the best defensive football.
Should be a cracker on Saturday night ..hopefully the pitch will be in good condition and the two best teams in this division can get down to playing soccer as it should be played.
We let you off the hook last Saturday night against Kilkenny and you've gone and put yourselves right back on the hook again after the Kildare game..... It's been a season full of twist and turns but hopefully we'll be playing each other next season in the top flight.

gustavo
25/10/2005, 12:29 PM
it seems no one wants to win it :(
cant wait for the title showdown!

showgies
25/10/2005, 12:41 PM
Song for Saturday ?

When the balls hits the moon
We won't get it back soon
It's Kapono

He can take the odd free
And he's from Hawaii
He's Kapono

d rovers
25/10/2005, 12:58 PM
song for saturday? (verse 2)

the ball is coming down
and it's miles from the ground
it's kapono

we'll let him take frees
but no penalties
it's kapono

nephin
25/10/2005, 1:41 PM
Not a great result last night. Big pressure now on Saturday nights game. I hope Sean doesn't play for a draw because Cobh will beat us.
Any reason why Raf was not in the squad last night? Injured/suspended?
I think it time Faz was dropped. Too many poor performances of late.

gustavo
25/10/2005, 2:03 PM
Raf was suspended AFAIK

sligoman
25/10/2005, 2:05 PM
Raf was suspended AFAIKDont think so, unless it's a two game suspension?:confused:

http://foot.ie/showthread.php?t=30320

dapman1
25/10/2005, 3:30 PM
Funniest penalty that I have ever seen..... Still dont know how we didnt win the game and are ye really sure that ye want to go up this year, looks like it could be a bit embarrassing?

Redzer
25/10/2005, 3:33 PM
I heard that he left Raf out, because he wanted to give Rossi a game.Raf is suspended for Cobh, which is fair enough.

showgies
25/10/2005, 4:00 PM
Funniest penalty that I have ever seen..... Still dont know how we didnt win the game and are ye really sure that ye want to go up this year, looks like it could be a bit embarrassing?

Dapman

That chap that was in goals for ye last night, is he a regular keeper, I heard a rumour that he was a converted outfield player, and Kildare try to sign a keeper during the day.

True or False?

dapman1
25/10/2005, 9:59 PM
Nah, he is a regular keeper alright. Karl Donnelly is is name and he was called up to one of the Irish underage teams during the year. Cant remember which one, definitly looks alright, although he made a few howlers earlier in the season. One to watch.

Onthe rumour, well I guess its a possibility, we seem to sign at least one player a week....havent actually played the same eleven all season. That probably explains a lot.

The Stars
27/10/2005, 6:22 PM
Tim McCann was the only player worth his wages against Kildare....the rest of them should be ashamed of themselfs

Bravo
28/10/2005, 5:22 AM
Tim McCann was the only player worth his wages against Kildare....the rest of them should be ashamed of themselfs
have to agree 100% I taught he did well