PDA

View Full Version : FAI Cup final switched to Tolka Park

Réiteoir
21/10/2005, 6:33 PM
FAI Cup final switched to Tolka Park - report
21/10/2005 - 08:19:05

The FAI Cup final will take place at Tolka Park after Lansdowne Road was axed as the venue for the season's showpiece according to reports.

The final was due to take place at Lansdowne Road on December 4 but, according to an FAI insider, the Ballsbridge venue “could not be guaranteed”, leading to the switch to Shelbourne’s home Tolka Park.

The FAI is expected to announce the switch to Tolka Park next week.

harry crumb
21/10/2005, 11:29 PM
In fairness to the FAI, they are a great organisation.

They get way too much stick off the general population( the ole ole'ers), us real fans supporting the Eircom League know their true worth.

The FAI : A great organisation.

And Sadaam Hussain is a great guy too.:D

Risteard
21/10/2005, 11:38 PM
More money for Ollie.
What about Dalymount Park?
Home of the FAI Cup
Final.

harry crumb
21/10/2005, 11:40 PM
What's wrong with Lansdowne?

Tolka would be too small IMO.

Stevo Da Gull
21/10/2005, 11:51 PM
In fairness to the FAI, they are a great organisation.

They get way too much stick off the general population( the ole ole'ers), us real fans supporting the Eircom League know their true worth.

The FAI : A great organisation.

And Sadaam Hussain is a great guy too.:D

I agree completely, I'm glad to see how much effort they put into the League. I think I'm going to cry, I'm just so overwhelmed with pride:rolleyes: :mad:

Some1 please tell me that this aint true, I'll even apologise to the FAI if its not true:eek:

A face
21/10/2005, 11:56 PM
info@fai.ie

Stevo Da Gull
22/10/2005, 12:08 AM
This is terrible news, IMO the attendance at this years final would easily be more than the 9700 or however much Tolka holds. Bloody ridiculous!

pete
22/10/2005, 10:13 AM
I don't think Lansdowne wwould attract a much bigger attendance than Tolka but IMO the clubs deserve the right to play at Lansdowne as makes for much bigger event. Most people are so bored with Tolka at this stage & i thought the Finals in Lansdowne in recent years looked much better on tv.

:(

Mr A
22/10/2005, 10:40 AM
I wonder would the RDS be an anyway practical option now that Leinster are playing there? I think it holds more than Tolka and would be totally neutral.

Réiteoir
22/10/2005, 11:48 AM
I wonder would the RDS be an anyway practical option now that Leinster are playing there? I think it holds more than Tolka and would be totally neutral.

The FAI would never consider the RDS as a venue

Mainly because Delaney wouldn't be able to give his mate Oily his annual kickback / tax cert / Capital Sports Grant

Dodge
22/10/2005, 11:55 AM
I don't think Lansdowne wwould attract a much bigger attendance than Tolka but IMO the clubs deserve the right to play at Lansdowne as makes for much bigger event. Most people are so bored with Tolka at this stage & i thought the Finals in Lansdowne in recent years looked much better on tv.

:(
Spot on. And the reality is that Tolka, despite being a kip, is the only other ground anywhere near big enough. Has the lad who nominated dalymount even been there?

Cosmo
22/10/2005, 12:00 PM
A packed tolka park will be a far better atmosphere wise than a half full lansdowne road

Risteard
22/10/2005, 12:38 PM
Has the lad who nominated dalymount even been there?
Yes he has.:)
Not since 98 Cup Final though i think.
Maybe it has become a little dilapidated maybe i dunno but thought that was a great occasion then and i'm sick **** of Tolka. Its not that brilliant like.