PDA

View Full Version : Game on!

crc
21/10/2005, 12:23 PM
According to corkcityfc.ie, the Cup SF is definately on tonight.

mandrake
21/10/2005, 12:29 PM
fai probably couldnt cancel it because it would be too much hassle .....pitch could be terrible

Krstic
21/10/2005, 12:31 PM
I think this is bad news for Derry:mad:
We play all our footy on the ground, which will be impossible on that pitch.

We don't have the capacity to play the long ball game, besides Corks Centre Halfs are giants.

I also think the game is just going ahead to save the FAI's blushes, and that we may get a cancellation at Half time anyway.:(

pineapple stu
21/10/2005, 12:33 PM
We play all our footy on the ground, which will be impossible on that pitch.
Ah now don't be silly - sure the pitch in Cork is always top notch, and if you have to hoof it out of the divots, that's your fault for not playing superb passing football. Rico said so.:rolleyes: :p

declan hide
21/10/2005, 12:36 PM
as i left the ground last night after the under 19 match i said to myself theres no way that match will happen. i'm very surprised. there was water everywhere and the pitch got cut up bad.

Jaime
21/10/2005, 12:45 PM
It'll be good old fashioned muddy football, the way it's supposed to be, the way it was before all these ******* came along with their summer soccer. :)

FFS, it's Cork and Derry, not Brazil and Holland.

Block G Raptor
21/10/2005, 12:46 PM
is it still raining in cork?

LFC in Exile
21/10/2005, 1:17 PM
Just started again. An dark clouds abound. It really is a save-face job.

They ballsed it up by playing the 19s match on it and leaving too late with Derry fans already travelling to call it off. :ball:

A face
21/10/2005, 1:26 PM
It'll effect Cork City a bit more anyway as we play more of a passing games, football on the deck kinda thing .... Derry should really have the upper hand here as they wont have to change their style of play too much !!

Krstic
21/10/2005, 1:54 PM
It'll effect Cork City a bit more anyway as we play more of a passing games, football on the deck kinda thing .... Derry should really have the upper hand here as they wont have to change their style of play too much !!

Are you off your head???
All Derry's play goes down the wings, through Killian Brennan,McCourt or Mcglynn. Our out and out striker is about 5ft 8, we don't and maybe more importantly cannot play a long ball game.
Your 2 centre backs are giants and will tower over Mark Farren as were our Centre backs are small in comparison.

I honestly think that a hoof ball contest will be in your favour.

sligoman
21/10/2005, 2:36 PM
Lads, less of the bickering over who plays more passing football or not. The game's going ahead so deal with it and may the best team(cough, Derry) win!;):D .

coislaoi
21/10/2005, 3:03 PM
Are you off your head???
All Derry's play goes down the wings, through Killian Brennan,McCourt or Mcglynn. Our out and out striker is about 5ft 8, we don't and maybe more importantly cannot play a long ball game.
Your 2 centre backs are giants and will tower over Mark Farren as were our Centre backs are small in comparison.

You started all the bullshít with your passing on the ground comment. Conditions like tonight will suit neither team as both teams play Brazil-type, free-flowing. slide-rule passing, entertaining football.:eek:
Are you happy now? :D :ball: :D :ball:

ps You obviously didn't notice that A Face was taking the píss.

dancinpants
21/10/2005, 3:14 PM
Are you off your head???

Aye Krstic, I'm shocked you fell for that :o

coislaoi
21/10/2005, 3:17 PM
Aye Krstic, I'm shocked you fell for that :o

Ah well, it's been an emotional kind of day. Is it on, isn't it on etc etc.:confused: :confused:

A face
22/10/2005, 2:36 PM
Are you off your head???

Hook

Line

Sinker !! ;)