PDA

View Full Version : FAI Still leaking like a sieve

gufct
21/10/2005, 10:35 AM
just a day after Delaney says that everything will be kept behind closed doors as it should be and there is an Anon FAI Source qouted in the sun. The FAI and its Chief Exec. are an absolute joke who in their right mind would work for them after their treatment of the last 2 managers.

colster
21/10/2005, 11:00 AM
just a day after Delaney says that everything will be kept behind closed doors as it should be and there is an Anon FAI Source qouted in the sun. The FAI and its Chief Exec. are an absolute joke who in their right mind would work for them after their treatment of the last 2 managers.

So what did the leak say?

Terry
21/10/2005, 11:02 AM
So what did the leak say?

drip, drip, drip ....:) I'll get my coat

stickyjoe
21/10/2005, 12:47 PM

you believe everything in the sun, particularly anonymous sources ?

even I`d give the FAI a bit more credit then to believe what that rag writes

gspain
21/10/2005, 12:48 PM

And of course in this case the Sun are telling the truth as opposed to most of their other stories which they just make up. :confused:

OwlsFan
21/10/2005, 1:16 PM
The FAI and its Chief Exec. are an absolute joke who in their right mind would work for them after their treatment of the last 2 managers.

McCarthy resigned with the boos of some (not all) of the fans in his ears after the game against the Swiss at Lansdowne. I don't believe he was pushed but I don't think the FAI stood in his way either.

Kerr's contract had expired after the game against the Swiss and was no longer an employee of the FAI.

So where is the bad treatment ?

Schumi
21/10/2005, 1:17 PM
Do you work for the FAI? It seems like any time there's any criticism of anyone involved in Merrion Square, you're on here defending them.

WeAreRovers
21/10/2005, 1:30 PM
you believe everything in the sun, particularly anonymous sources ?

even I`d give the FAI a bit more credit then to believe what that rag writes

In fairness to The Sun, at least they are a professionally run organisation that does exactly what it's supposed to (even if you don't like it) The FAI on the other hand...............

KOH

Condex
21/10/2005, 1:32 PM
Yeah whats the problem, if Kerr was still in charge I for one would not be going to any friendlies in the spring... Nice man but not up to it, so why blame the FAI for not extending his contract...

colster
21/10/2005, 1:36 PM
does anyone know what the leak was?

Macy
21/10/2005, 1:40 PM
why blame the FAI for not extending his contract...
I don't blame the FAI for not extending his contract. I do blame them for the way it was handled and the constant leaks since the Israel game.

gufct
21/10/2005, 3:05 PM
I don't blame the FAI for not extending his contract. I do blame them for the way it was handled and the constant leaks since the Israel game.

we agree with each other on something.I dont know which was worse the FAI for leaking everything or our friends in the media who hang od Delaneys every word and are afraid to publish the truth about everything this man has got upto in the last 5 years.

sligoman
21/10/2005, 3:08 PM
drip, drip, drip ....:) I'll get my coatPlease do:rolleyes: :D

NeilMcD
21/10/2005, 3:42 PM
we agree with each other on something.I dont know which was worse the FAI for leaking everything or our friends in the media who hang od Delaneys every word and are afraid to publish the truth about everything this man has got upto in the last 5 years.

Excuse my ignorance what has he got up to. I am not defending him but I would like to know what he has done

Noelys Guitar
21/10/2005, 3:51 PM
The FAI made the right decision in not offering a new contract to Kerr. And all the Polls, Late, Late shows and livelines in the world won't be bringing him back.

OwlsFan
22/10/2005, 10:49 AM
Do you work for the FAI? It seems like any time there's any criticism of anyone involved in Merrion Square, you're on here defending them.

:eek: Wouldn't mind if I did. No, blind attacks without a basis on "the FAI" because it is "the FAI" annoy me. God knows, it's not the greatest organisation in the world but there is no such thing as such as "the FAI". It is made up for the most part of people who have given their life to football in this country at all levels. There are very few "suits" there but it is always portrayed as made up of people who don't care about football which I think is untrue.

I would just love those who attack it to actually make positive suggestions as to what should be done by the FAI, with the resources which are available to it, living as we do in the shadow of the GAA which dominates every parish in Ireland, which it is not currently doing.

I would imagine it's a very tough job trying to run soccer in this country. The IFA and Welsh FA certainly don't seem to have done any better. I believe I am a realist and think the woes of soccer in this country go well beyond the doors of Merrion Square. I read "Behind Closed Doors" and some of the infighting going on was appauling but I'm sure we've all worked in places where similar things go on but which aren't so much in the public eye.

The FAI has existed for decades with different people going in and out the door but the problems remain the same. It is self evident therefore that many of the problems must lie beyond Merrion Square.

Condex
22/10/2005, 1:29 PM
Good post!!!

onenilgameover
22/10/2005, 3:25 PM
:eek: Wouldn't mind if I did. No, blind attacks without a basis on "the FAI" because it is "the FAI" annoy me. God knows, it's not the greatest organisation in the world but there is no such thing as such as "the FAI". It is made up for the most part of people who have given their life to football in this country at all levels. There are very few "suits" there but it is always portrayed as made up of people who don't care about football which I think is untrue.

I would just love those who attack it to actually make positive suggestions as to what should be done by the FAI, with the resources which are available to it, living as we do in the shadow of the GAA which dominates every parish in Ireland, which it is not currently doing.

I would imagine it's a very tough job trying to run soccer in this country. The IFA and Welsh FA certainly don't seem to have done any better. I believe I am a realist and think the woes of soccer in this country go well beyond the doors of Merrion Square. I read "Behind Closed Doors" and some of the infighting going on was appauling but I'm sure we've all worked in places where similar things go on but which aren't so much in the public eye.

The FAI has existed for decades with different people going in and out the door but the problems remain the same. It is self evident therefore that many of the problems must lie beyond Merrion Square.

have to agree in a way..''read behind closed doors'' aswell but I have to say some of the crap that goes on in there and still does ye wouldn't find anywhere else.