PDA

View Full Version : Game On!

yiddo
20/10/2005, 8:40 PM
Billy Barry has just reported on 96Fm that the pitch in the Cross is in very bad shape and that he can't see the game going ahead Friday night. He was reporting on the Ireland v Italy u19 game that was played there tonight and the pitch is very bad cut up. (btw Ireland won 4-1). He should be back on about the air at 10pm so check it on http://www.96fm.ie
Just to stress this isn't official just his opinion.

sullanefc
20/10/2005, 8:57 PM
It would be an awful nuiscance if Derry were to come all the way down to Cork and then have the game called off wouldn't it?? :) Might upset their rythm a bit :)

A face
20/10/2005, 10:07 PM
Cant be dealing with anymore backlogged games ... need to get this one out of the way to be honest .... and no replays either !!

Its up to the ref anyway isnt it !?!

rayfinkle
21/10/2005, 7:14 AM
With all the heavy rain we've had this week and with a big game tonight, why was last night's game played on a surface that will be used 24hrs afterwards?

Surely, that game could have been played elsewhere!

Dodge
21/10/2005, 7:22 AM
Fai...

patsh
21/10/2005, 7:50 AM
With all the heavy rain we've had this week and with a big game tonight, why was last night's game played on a surface that will be used 24hrs afterwards?

Surely, that game could have been played elsewhere!
There were TWO alternatives pitches offered to the FAI yesterday, Fermoy and the Mardyke, but they decided that the were going ahead with the Cross.
It's quite possible that they don't even know the cup semi-final is being played tonight....:mad:

Peadar
21/10/2005, 8:37 AM
Any update lads?
Is it still raining?

harry crumb
21/10/2005, 8:52 AM
Its stopped raining since around midnight last night.

Lets hope it is ready for tonight.

KR's Post
21/10/2005, 9:00 AM
Its stopped raining since around midnight last night.

Lets hope it is ready for tonight.

Ye me to... Don't want this really hanging over.. We want to know who we''ll be playing in the final asap!!:p ;)

But seriously, this game is going to be f-uckin great and i'm delighted it's on the box. Please god don't let it rain!

coislaoi
21/10/2005, 9:36 AM
FAI Statement (courtesy of CCFC official site).

"preliminary inspection of Turners Cross at 9.30am this morning
revealed that there had been considerable improvement in the pitch
following last night's downpours in Cork. A team of six are currently
working on the pitch. A final inspection will take place at 1pm but at
this stage the FAI Carlsberg Cup Semi Final between Cork City and Derry
City will take place as scheduled."

That sounds a bit more positive.:ball:

the 12 th man
21/10/2005, 9:38 AM
It would be an awful nuiscance if Derry were to come all the way down to Cork

They've already travelled (the Team),they're in Cork since last night.

patsh
21/10/2005, 10:59 AM
Looks like it's almost definitely going ahead.
I'd say the pitch will be wrecked after the first ten minutes......

exile
21/10/2005, 12:18 PM
according to local radion the match is going ahead

Krstic
21/10/2005, 12:25 PM
This game should be cancelled, it'll end up as a game of Hoof-ball and we don't have the players for that.

Schumi
21/10/2005, 12:29 PM
This game should be cancelled, it'll end up as a game of Hoof-ball and we don't have the players for that.
You obviously haven't seen Cork play hoofball against Clive Delaney. :D

Roo69
21/10/2005, 12:31 PM
You obviously haven't seen Cork play hoofball against Clive Delaney. :D

Delaney's suspended

Gandhi
21/10/2005, 12:37 PM

hopefully not, the weather is dry and windy down here now, it might help
anyway both teams will be trying to play football surely
I hope we get the prverbial 'cracking cup tie' and not one of those games where the tension of the occasion gets to the players

Ruairi
21/10/2005, 12:39 PM
pitch has been passed fit, so its game on!

*edited thread title*

pete
21/10/2005, 1:00 PM
Lads must have been out in force wth the pitchforks today. A wet sodden pitch definitely will not suit out passing style of play. Might help Derry lob those balls over the back 4 for Farren to chase as ball might stop in the puddles...

Schumi
21/10/2005, 1:12 PM
Delaney's suspended
Oh right, Derry are fĂșcked so!

*edited thread title*You might want to remove the :( icon too. It looks a bit odd now!

coislaoi
21/10/2005, 1:26 PM
Expect to see some or all of the following excuses from the team that loses tonight:D :eek: :

The game should never have been played anyway;
One of our players could have suffered a serious injury;
The match only went ahead because Derry & fans had already travelled;
It was only played because RTE were showing it live;
The conditions didn't suit us;
It suited the other team because they could play hoofball.

There are probably some others I haven't thought of, but I'll wait until 10pm tonight.;) ;)

crc
21/10/2005, 2:09 PM
I have a spare child's ticket. Does anyone know if I'll be able to get the money back, or alternatively, does anyone wnat to buy it off me?

Krstic
21/10/2005, 2:30 PM
Expect to see some or all of the following excuses from the team that loses tonight:D :eek: :

The game should never have been played anyway;
One of our players could have suffered a serious injury;

It was only played because RTE were showing it live;
The conditions didn't suit us;
It suited the other team because they could play hoofball.

There are probably some others I haven't thought of, but I'll wait until 10pm tonight.;) ;)

The truth is that the game shouldn't be played and either team will be justified in using your above excuses if they don't win.

ccfcgirl
22/10/2005, 1:17 PM
:confused:
The truth is that the game shouldn't be played and either team will be justified in using your above excuses if they don't win.:confused: :confused:.Do you feel like that;)