PDA

View Full Version : Quote of the day !!

A face
20/10/2005, 8:29 PM
"If Saddam Hussein went on the Late Late Show he’d get a standing ovation."

Eamon Dunphy, reflecting on the positive reception afforded since-deposed Irish manager Brian Kerr on RTE television last Friday night.

Taken from www.eleven-a-side.com (http://www.eleven-a-side.com/)

thejollyrodger
20/10/2005, 8:33 PM
I laughed when i heard it last night ... RTE is great when its great.

gustavo
20/10/2005, 8:47 PM
well saddam might , but eamonn wouldnt :)

TonyD
20/10/2005, 10:55 PM
Eamo's wasting his talents. Stand up comedy is surely his true calling. In a Krusty the Clown costume with a big red nose.

By the way, I remember a late late show from a few years ago when Kerr and Dunphy were on together, I think it was after the under 20 team were at the World Cup in Malaysia, and Dunphy was fawning over Kerr, so much so that Brian was clearly embarressed, saying how great he was and how no English team would appreciate his talents. See with Eamonn you just have to wait and have a good memory. He will ALWAYS contradict himself and come out looking like an idiot.

Irish_Praha
21/10/2005, 12:36 PM
Eamo's wasting his talents. Stand up comedy is surely his true calling. In a Krusty the Clown costume with a big red nose.

By the way, I remember a late late show from a few years ago when Kerr and Dunphy were on together, I think it was after the under 20 team were at the World Cup in Malaysia, and Dunphy was fawning over Kerr, so much so that Brian was clearly embarressed, saying how great he was and how no English team would appreciate his talents. See with Eamonn you just have to wait and have a good memory. He will ALWAYS contradict himself and come out looking like an idiot.

Yeah I remember that too. Dunphy slated McCarthy and when asked who he would like to see as Ireland manager he said either Kerr or Joe Kinnear :rolleyes:

Stuttgart88
21/10/2005, 12:41 PM
Another great Eamo U-turn was after we had just drawn 3-3 in Poland, giving up a 3-1 lead late on. He said that the defending was awful & that it'd never have happened with Mick in the side. He said that for some reason we defended better when Mick played. Or should I say "Son-of-Jack"?

yablazer
21/10/2005, 12:56 PM
a u turn maybe, but just as a response 2 the results. sure when kerr 1st came in i was all for him getting a chance. now that he's had a chance and didnt take it I think the fai are justified in not offering him a new contract if they dont see fit. Results. Not really a u turn

OwlsFan
21/10/2005, 1:06 PM
Didn't everyone who used appear on DUmpy's show also get a standing ovation ? The way he used and still does on the radio fawn over his guests is stomach churning.

That man has done more u-turns than a bank robber trying to escape from the police. Suddenly Drogba and Essien are no longer donkeys after a good performance against Real Betis.

Troy.McClure
21/10/2005, 1:32 PM
I thought it was quite peptty by the 2 lads on tv last night. Dumphy was slating Kerr for going to the media to launch a charm offensive to keep his job. FFS, whay else is the guy going to do? Since when has trying to keep your job been so offencive?

geysir
21/10/2005, 3:15 PM
Another great Eamo U-turn was after we had just drawn 3-3 in Poland, giving up a 3-1 lead late on. He said that the defending was awful & that it'd never have happened with Mick in the side. He said that for some reason we defended better when Mick played. Or should I say "Son-of-Jack"?
I am getting dizzy already, its more like the red cow roundabout than a mere U-turn. Then how long after saying that we always seem to defend better under McCarthy did he start to say Mc Cathy was muck and bring back gorgeous Dave O Leary?

Stuttgart88
21/10/2005, 3:18 PM
I think it was actually after years of slating Mick and glorifying Dave he actually had to concede that Mick enhanced our defence. The Poland game was Sept/Oct 1991 I think.

eirebhoy
21/10/2005, 5:19 PM
And the Quote of today is (from the Irish Times):

"25 years ago, Eoin Hand defeated Paddy Mulligan by just two votes. One FAI official told Hand later he'd opted for him purely because he suspected Mulligan once threw a bun at him on an away trip."