PDA

View Full Version : Would Chelsea win the World Cup?

Mayo Red
20/10/2005, 7:32 PM
You will have to suspend reality for this one and I'm just throwing it out there, but in light of their recent performances and the enormous amount of quality that they have in every area of the park, would the current Chelsea team/squad be good enough to win the World Cup if they were a National team?

Dublin12
20/10/2005, 8:04 PM
Yes,of course.They have more quality than most international teams,I'd say Brazil could give them a decent run for their money,anybody else I reckon they would beat.

eirebhoy
20/10/2005, 8:34 PM
Yes. Not only are they all quality players but they train with each other every day.

glentoranfan
20/10/2005, 10:01 PM
I would say yes also. I think the only people that could give them a run for their money are Brazil and even so it would be pretty tough.

Risteard
21/10/2005, 11:09 AM
Haven't proved themselves in Europe yet. Barcelona looked the better team in the second leg last year and if they tightened up their defence a bit they're definately capable of beating them.

Risteard
21/10/2005, 11:16 AM
Or was it the first leg?

Armando
21/10/2005, 11:24 AM
Most of the worlds top clubs would win the World Cup if they were pitted against international teams, not just Chelsea. The top club teams are much better than the top international teams.

the 12 th man
21/10/2005, 11:24 AM
Think Brazil could take them on the day

anto eile
22/10/2005, 8:37 PM
agree with armando bout most club teams being better than most international teams. even reckon a few EL teams would beat FAireland. thats not saying much though

CollegeTillIDie
24/10/2005, 10:00 PM
Real Madrid would not win the World Cup. Italy would hockey them

Marked Man
26/10/2005, 2:38 AM
Would Spiderman beat Batman in a fight?

M@ttitude
26/10/2005, 4:48 AM
I reckon they would but Portugal, England, France, Ivory Coast (Ireland would have :-() would be missing a chunk of there team.. but ye they would..

Clifford
27/10/2005, 9:09 AM
Not if they can't win the League cup they wouldn't.

the 12 th man
27/10/2005, 9:20 AM
Not if they can't win the League cup they wouldn't.

Or the Champions League

Neutral Jo
27/10/2005, 11:18 AM
Chelsea can be played against i believe like Wigan and Everton did. Too many teams fear them and show them too much respect. They lack top quality players in the forward area i believe. A goal-scorer of the quality of shevshenko, Henry, Adriano, and also the creativity of a Ronaldinho or Kaka. They have all the money in the world but still lump the ball to Drogba and feed of the scraps. For this reason i believe a resolute team like liverpool who play them over 180 minutes can hold them scoreless. Liverpool would not hold AC Milan, Real Madrid or Barca scoreless over 180 minutes in a CL semi-final. Teams will learn how to play against Chelski by the end of the season.... Mark my words. Although there is the Jan transfer window for Roman....

jockser
27/10/2005, 12:37 PM

Easily !!! Spiderman would hammer him!!!

Rover 2 U
27/10/2005, 1:53 PM
I reckon they would but Portugal, England, France, Ivory Coast (Ireland would have :-() would be missing a chunk of there team.. but ye they would..

And who would Carvalho or Ferreira play for if they played Portugal
Who would Lampard or Terry etc play for if they played England?
Who would Makelele or Gallas etc play for if the played France?

Stupidest question I have ever read on a football forum! :mad:

Oh, and Batman would kick Spidermans ass in a fight! Sure all the spider can do is spin webs and swing away. Batman can fly! And he has a cool car!

Schumi
27/10/2005, 1:58 PM
Batman can fly!No he can't. That's Superman!

Rover 2 U
27/10/2005, 2:02 PM
Yeah, well he can hang upside down and stuff! And remember, he has a cool car!

the 12 th man
27/10/2005, 2:11 PM

My old favourite hero http:www.internationalhero.co.uk/e/eterno.htm

The Stars
28/10/2005, 9:17 AM
Chelsea wouldnt win the world cup....Mourinho has no international managerial experience:)

HarpoJoyce
06/11/2005, 1:44 PM
He's only interested in acheiving the bare minimum.

Putting unnecessary pressure on the referee.

http://www.goal.com/NewsDetail.aspx?idNews=99017&idSez=1

sligoman
06/11/2005, 4:11 PM
Chelsea cant even beat a poor Man U team:D :p. 1-0 so far anyway:)

CollegeTillIDie
06/11/2005, 4:53 PM
Chelsea cant even beat a poor Man U team:D :p. 1-0 so far anyway

Which is how it finished... Win the World Cup? Not if you can't beat ManUre:D

HuRya
06/11/2005, 6:38 PM
Chelsea cant even beat a poor Man U team:D :p. 1-0 so far anyway:)

you obviously havn't a clue sligoman..do get all your football education from this site because that wasn't a "poor team" that beat Chelsea today... i should know- i was 20 feet away from Fletcher when he scored the winner..
Come on United!

Karlos
07/11/2005, 1:11 AM
Ah yes I'm looking forward to the monday's press reprinting the comments of the legends Terry, Mourniho and Gudjohnsen who all were quoted as saying they would beat Arsenal's unbeaten record with ease, no problem.........! Don't worry, us gooners won't forget when they come to visit in December regardless of the result!!! :D :)

In all fairness, sure they couldn't even beat Nottingham Forrest's unbeaten record. :D

sligoman
07/11/2005, 1:17 AM
you obviously havn't a clue sligoman..do get all your football education from this site because that wasn't a "poor team" that beat Chelsea today... i should know- i was 20 feet away from Fletcher when he scored the winner..
Come on United!Were you one of the Limerick fans interviewed on Sky Sports?:confused::D

I am a United fan too, it was a very poor side. Chelsea deserved at least a point. United played better for the first 35mins or so but after that it was mostly Chelsea. Weather you were at the match or not is irrelevant, United were poor, but they still got the win and that's all that matters;)