PDA

View Full Version : So, is he any good ??

A face
03/05/2002, 7:31 AM
This is Oran Weldrick (http://www.limerick-leader.ie/issues/20011124/sport05.jpg) Is he any good, how did he play this season ??

Éanna
03/05/2002, 11:41 AM
I've heard a fair few mentions of him- he seems to be about the best they have, the keeper Fyffe is meant to be handy as well.

sadloserkid
10/12/2002, 9:16 AM
he's a fine player. Great engine, really classy box to box midfielder. Well able to hit it too and for a reasonably short guy he's deadly in the air as well. He's a real athlete, a real pro and to be honest he deserves to play at a higher stage. Along with Fyffe and Finucane.

Éanna
10/12/2002, 2:09 PM
I´ve seen him play once since I posted on this topic, and he impressed me- quality player- just like o´flynn

LFC in Exile
10/12/2002, 2:23 PM
Have to agree with that assessment. He puts alot into his performances, you can always rely on 100% from him. As SLK mentioned, the on ething abouthim is his ability in the air. He is a bit of a short-ass but he wins must headers in midfield. A few more like him and we wouldn't be in the state we're in.

Hang on a minute. Are you from another club? Weldrick is ****e. Absolute muck. Can't pass, too small, can't tackle. Couldn't give him away!

:)

sadloserkid
10/12/2002, 5:10 PM
I heard that Cork were sniffing around Brendan Hughes last year... O'Flynn is odds-on to move on at the end of the year and Paddy Purcell was in demand too (he could be partnering Gavin Dykes at Kildare!)

Éanna
12/12/2002, 2:04 PM
Originally posted by sadloserkid
O'Flynn is odds-on to move on at the end of the year
please say he´s coming back, please :)

BTW, I thought he actually worked for the club now or something?

sadloserkid
12/12/2002, 4:02 PM
... i've heard that Waterford are sniffing around.