PDA

View Full Version : Bellx1

Pages : [1] 2

Gareth
19/10/2005, 4:43 PM
The gig last night was brilliant. Did anyone go to it. Paul Noonan positively oozed energy on stage. The new album comes across much better live. Anyways the setlist and some dodgy pictures are available here

http://forum.thefulloctave.com/viewtopic.php?t=188

Did anyone else go?

sligoman
19/10/2005, 5:12 PM
Wasn't at this but they're playing in Sligo at the end of this month

Gareth
19/10/2005, 5:20 PM
Go! Full stop. They are great live. Avoid the hoards of girls oozing want for the band though, unless you look like Paul Noonan :)

sligoman
19/10/2005, 5:27 PM
Go! Full stop. They are great live.Haven't heard much of them tbh, gonna download some of their songs now, any suggestions?:confused:

Gareth
19/10/2005, 5:41 PM
Taken from a post on forum.thefulloctave.com
--------------------------------------------
Bell X1 are Brian Crosby, Dave Geraghty, Paul Noonan and Dominic Phillips.
all home bred!

Damien Rice was a member before going solo, they were known as Juniper back then.
They have 3 albums out as bell x1.
The first is "neither am i" which was released in 1999/2000.
It has the bands version of Volcano which was then released again by Rice.
My favourite track is "Pinball machine".

In 2003 the band released "Music in Mouth" which had numerous hit songs, "i'll rasie your heart and see you mine" featured on The O.C.

The latest release is "Flock". the first single to be released off the album is "bigger than me".
They are touring around ireland before heading over to U.K.
And they are definitly worth catching live!!
Their website is www.bellx1.com

Get Pinball Machine, Snakes and Snakes and erm..Alphabet Soup and from the new album Flame and Rocky.

gustavo
19/10/2005, 10:15 PM
saw them on grafton street in dublin yesterday signin autographs . who else is on the night they are in the radisson?

Gareth
20/10/2005, 10:09 AM
I suggest you go. Radisson in Galway? What date and how much are tickets. If its a good date I'll go.

gustavo
20/10/2005, 11:04 AM
no radisson in sligo

Gareth
20/10/2005, 11:14 AM
what date etc

gustavo
20/10/2005, 11:21 AM
http://www.sligolive.ie/

Gareth
20/10/2005, 11:31 AM
Lads, ok need some help, myself and my girlfriend are thinking about going down to the gig and probably staying from Saturday to Monday morning. Can you point me in the direction of a nice hotel to stay in? And are there tickets still available?

gustavo
20/10/2005, 11:44 AM
how about staying in the Radisson itself!
tickets are still available AFAIK

Gareth
20/10/2005, 11:45 AM
Whats the Radisson like. Is it nice?

gustavo
20/10/2005, 11:50 AM
its pretty good supposed to be expensive though

Gareth
20/10/2005, 11:52 AM
All the hotels (Clarion, Southern, Riverside, Sligo Park, Radisson) are all booked out for Saturday but have a room on Sunday. Which would you recommend. Is the Rad far from the town? Price is not a factor here for one night!

gustavo
20/10/2005, 12:16 PM
its about two - three minutes in a car ,

Gareth
20/10/2005, 12:28 PM
Ok well nothing like impulse booking. I have my tickets to the gig and I have my hotel room in said hotel booked and I will be arriving on Sunday morning for a day of beer and music. I hope that Cobh are beaten the night before too so Sligo people will be happy. :) hehe

Schumi
20/10/2005, 2:41 PM
who else is on the night they are in the radisson?
Turn (http://www.turn.ie/). I recommend them highly. They're fantastic live.

Gareth
20/10/2005, 3:23 PM
Schumi did you go to the UCD gig. Sound system there was muck I believe and Turn didn't sound good and Ollie was p1ste off. I seen them in the Village there for the new album release. I love the older rockier stuff but the new album is slowly growing. No Baretta or anything on it but hopefully it will do them well!!! For a Meath lad Ollie seems bang on!!!

Schumi
20/10/2005, 3:33 PM
Schumi did you go to the UCD gig. Sound system there was muck I believe and Turn didn't sound good and Ollie was p1ste off.
I didn't, I had something else on that night, was well pi$$ed off when I realised. I heard the sound was $hit alright.

I seen them in the Village there for the new album release. I love the older rockier stuff but the new album is slowly growing. No Baretta or anything on it but hopefully it will do them well!!! For a Meath lad Ollie seems bang on!!!Missed the album release too, there was a game on that night I think. :rolleyes: I'm still not sure about the new album, the lack of dirty rock on it is disappointing but there's some stuff on it that's really grown on me. Close Your Eyes, Little Bird and the first two tracks are great. some of it is pretty weak though, No One's Gonna Change Your Life for example. I've no doubt it'll grow on me more though as I didn't like it at all on the first listen.

How does the new stuff come out live? I'd imagine It's About Nothing works well but what about the rest?

Gareth
20/10/2005, 3:43 PM
They played very little new at the launch. I have the setlist, one second, no I forgot to post it on my site, but they played the rockier stuff with new stuff intermixed. It came across fine. Stop was very catchy. What do you think of Forward? I have seen them so many times now I am a little biased!!! :)

Schumi
20/10/2005, 3:49 PM
What do you think of Forward?
Absolutely love Forward (both album and song ;)). The best of their three albums, not a poor track on it. It mixes the rockier stuff with some quality slower stuff really well.

Gareth
20/10/2005, 4:01 PM
I agree, a total gem of an album.

sligoman
20/10/2005, 4:07 PM
Turn (http://www.turn.ie/)They actually played in Sligo a few weeks ago too, didn't go though:o

Gareth
20/10/2005, 4:14 PM
Sligoman, are you going this time?

sligoman
20/10/2005, 4:16 PM
Sligoman, are you going this time?I dont know, I might. How much are the tickets?:confused:

Gareth
20/10/2005, 4:21 PM
25 euro. Sure what else would be happening!!

sligoman
20/10/2005, 4:23 PM
Sure what else would be happening!!Could be out celebrating promotion after defeating Cobh 2-0 the night before:) :D

Schumi
20/10/2005, 4:27 PM
If you're going I suggest you watch your back (http://foot.ie/showpost.php?p=336510&postcount=21). :D :D

Gareth
20/10/2005, 4:31 PM
Without being there but knowing Roy, he probably deserved it. Probably tried high fiving Ollie!! :)

betty swollox
24/10/2005, 6:08 PM
not a big fan of turns new album plus ollie seems to have lost some of his on stage energy which made there slot in the green tent the highlight of this years oxygen festival for me, saw bell x1 in galway about two weeks ago, those lads just get better and better, i prefered neither am i to music in mouth but flock tops them both, start to finish an excelent album, i'll be working at the sligo live festival so if theres anything i can help you out with just pm me

betty swollox
24/10/2005, 6:10 PM
oh ya, republic of loose are playin sligo the same night as bell x1, if your a fan it may be possible to get to both gigs as the garavogue gigs never usually kik off till like 12

gustavo
25/10/2005, 11:24 PM
what do ye make of the new name for the garavogue apparently now its called "the left bank"

sligoman
26/10/2005, 10:35 AM
Article (http://www.sligoweekender.ie/news/story.asp?j=25141) about Sligo Live

gustavo
27/10/2005, 3:32 PM
all sold out now apparently , tried to get tickets for saturday night with no luck

sligoman
28/10/2005, 12:46 AM
all sold out now apparently , tried to get tickets for saturday night with no luckEh, Saturday night? I presume it was for after the Rovers game?:confused: :mad: :D

gustavo
28/10/2005, 1:02 AM
yeah i was thinking that the two acts i wanted to see wouldnt start till at least 10

sligoman
28/10/2005, 1:04 AM
yeah i was thinking that the two acts i wanted to see wouldnt start till at least 10Keep listening to Ocean Fm, someone might sell them:o

Watch out for touts though :rolleyes: :D

The Stars
28/10/2005, 12:08 PM
ya,couldnt trust those ocean fm guys.......:)

gustavo
30/10/2005, 3:48 PM
managed to get last minute tickets for tonight woohooo

sligoman
30/10/2005, 5:36 PM
Yeah, heard on Ocean FM that due to popular demand a limited number of extra tickets are available;)

sligoman
31/10/2005, 1:05 AM
managed to get last minute tickets for tonight woohoooWas it any good Gustavo?:confused:

gustavo
31/10/2005, 1:29 PM
it was very good ! went in with an open mind as i knew little about either band but they both put on a good show. bell x1 especially are great multiintstrumentalists .Bell X1's frontmans stage dancing seems highly influenced by Ian Curtis :) they both came on at the end for Bell X1 and sang "Hereos" .

sligoman
31/10/2005, 9:17 PM
Did you meet Gareth there?:confused: :D

Gareth
01/11/2005, 8:00 AM
I was there and I have pictures :
http://forum.thefulloctave.com/viewtopic.php?t=229

I didn't meet anyone from Foot!! I loved the Radisson as a place to stay and free interweb too!! I had many drinks and was very drunk :)

The gig was great. I ran out of battery for BEllx1 grrrr so I have lots of Turn pictures!! :)

Gar

Gareth
01/11/2005, 8:03 AM
[QUOTE=gustavo]Bell X1's frontmans stage dancing seems highly influenced by Ian Curtis :) QUOTE]

I think that stems from the fact he is the bands drummer as well. On the record he plays all the drums and gets an extra member to play on tour. So as he stands on stage he feels the need to hit a few drums but he only has two small ones and a corn on the cob :), so he dances like a crazy man :).

Paul Noonan is class and Ollie Cole is a sound lad despite drawing a nob on Drums Reds back. In fact I think that proves he is sound :)

gustavo
01/11/2005, 2:03 PM
[QUOTE=gustavo]Bell X1's frontmans stage dancing seems highly influenced by Ian Curtis :) QUOTE]

I think that stems from the fact he is the bands drummer as well. On the record he plays all the drums and gets an extra member to play on tour. So as he stands on stage he feels the need to hit a few drums but he only has two small ones and a corn on the cob :), so he dances like a crazy man :).

Paul Noonan is class and Ollie Cole is a sound lad despite drawing a nob on Drums Reds back. In fact I think that proves he is sound :)

what was the name of turns final song it was pretty damn good!

Gareth
01/11/2005, 3:10 PM
I think they may of finished off with "Another Year Over". I will just confirm this.

gustavo
01/11/2005, 3:44 PM
there was a bit of na na na ing or something similar towards the end

Gareth
01/11/2005, 4:05 PM
Erm...yeah thats another year over..

"Its getting so I can't see the wood for the trees,
Na na na, na na na, na na na ......"
or something :)