PDA

View Full Version : Starting team for Sunday

Pages : [1] 2

The Wanderer
19/10/2005, 9:57 AM
I would go with same team that played against Longford..

KR's Post
19/10/2005, 10:06 AM
I would go with same team that played against Longford..
Wasn't there because of international duty!!!
But here's mine...

Skippy

Daz Roche McGovren Pip

Kev O Brien Caffery James Tyrell

Fox Tarz

BrayZil
19/10/2005, 10:08 AM
Collie James is injured and Cafferey is cup tied. McGovern is back tho so I'd go with:

Skippy
Pip, McGovern, Roche, Giffy (if fit)
Dunne, Tresson, O'Brien, Tyrell
Fox, Tarzan

SeagullScene
19/10/2005, 10:13 AM
How's Rochey's knee?

BrayZil
19/10/2005, 10:14 AM
How's Rochey's knee?

AFAIK he'll be fit to play.

Roo69
19/10/2005, 10:15 AM
Collie was up in my gaff last night, he'll be fit thank god, but your right Caffo is cup tied and Jody is from what i've heard gone for the season. Rochey's knee will be grand, some kind of insect bite he was saying. I'd go with.....

GK: O'Connor

LB: Pip
CB: Roche
CB: McGovern
RB: Giffy

LM: Tyrrell
CM: Foxy
CM: James
RM: Tresson

FOR: Murphy
FOR: Tarzan

Bench:
O'Brien
Hannigan
O'Reilly
Franco
Ryaner
Dunne
Holty

SeagullScene
19/10/2005, 10:15 AM
[QUOTE=tarzan1]Wasn't there because of international duty!!!

.........and at a modelling shoot for the mirror, the sun, bbc website, the metro....to name but a few!!!! Check you out :cool:

Roo69
19/10/2005, 10:18 AM

.........and at a modelling shoot for the mirror, the sun, bbc website, the metro....to name but a few!!!! Check you out :cool:

And he would'nt even sign autographs either :rolleyes: Getting to big for his boots is our Tarzan

BrayZil
19/10/2005, 10:19 AM
Collie was up in my gaff last night, he'll be fit thank god, but your right Caffo is cup tied and Jody is from what i've heard gone for the season. Rochey's knee will be grand, some kind of insect bite he was saying.

Great news about James. Apart from Jody and Caffery we've got a full squad to choose from which makes a change.

Roo69
19/10/2005, 10:21 AM
Yeah about time we got a bit of good news on the injury front, all the lads played a full 45 minutes against the Wicklow select team on Monday night who are coming back from injury, McGovern apart. Murphy scored 2 and his second was a BEAUTY ! his looking fitter and fitter each time i see him play

KR's Post
19/10/2005, 10:22 AM

:D :D :D
Modelling, don't get into it, the pay is s-hite and the amount of attention you get. Ignorant people asking you for autographs while you're having a nice evening meal or even walking down the street..:p

KR's Post
19/10/2005, 10:24 AM
his looking fitter and fitter each time i see him play
A bit of pre-season under his belt and he'll be fine. Don't mean to be bad, but he kinda reminds me of Robbie Doyle when he came back to us! Carrying a bit of weight!

SeagullScene
19/10/2005, 10:27 AM
people in glass houses Tarzy!!!!!:D

KR's Post
19/10/2005, 10:31 AM
people in glass houses Tarzy!!!!!:D
I'm not throwing stones!!!!

The Wanderer
19/10/2005, 10:49 AM
Paul Murphy is looking very well lately, as in regards to fitness wise! He played well the other night!
Now no slagging off ur fellow supporters.....

KR's Post
19/10/2005, 12:37 PM
Now no slagging off ur fellow supporters.....
Who slagged who????

KK77
19/10/2005, 3:31 PM
I'd like to see the following team;

C O'C

P O'R
C Tresson
B McG
Pip

Collie James
Foxy
K O'B
D T

Tarzan
Murphy

Anyone reckon Devo might just leave Roche out for this one and go for experience????

Roo69
19/10/2005, 3:40 PM
possibility alright, but he was one of our best players Vs. Waterford so reckon he might get the nod

KK77
19/10/2005, 3:52 PM
Yeah thought so myself then the Drogs game a few weeks back when he wasn't great got me thinking that Devo might opt for experience but i myself think he's a good strong player just wondering if Devo may opt for more experience especially with it being in their place.

The Wanderer
19/10/2005, 7:12 PM
What bout Chopper or Robbie McGuniness, any word on them yet or will they even get near the bench!

KR's Post
20/10/2005, 8:23 AM
What bout Chopper or Robbie McGuniness, any word on them yet or will they even get near the bench!

Somehow i doubt it...

The Wanderer
20/10/2005, 10:03 AM
Yeah i had that feeling alright...

KR's Post
20/10/2005, 10:13 AM
Yeah i had that feeling alright...

It's just they've been injured for most of the season and other lads have taken their chance by the scruff of the neck. You might be surprised though. AFAIK you are allowed 7 subs on the bench for cup games...:)

The Wanderer
20/10/2005, 10:14 AM
Yeah i believe u are right on that one....

SeagullScene
20/10/2005, 10:27 AM
7 subs? who will they be?

KR's Post
20/10/2005, 10:37 AM
7 subs? who will they be?
P Hannigan
R Dunne
P O' Reilly
P Murphy
A Georgescu
S Gifford
M Holt.....

Maybe????

dublinwanderer
20/10/2005, 11:34 AM
Starting team should be:
GK - Skippy

DR - Giffy
DC - McGovern
DC - Roche
DL - Pip

MR - James (if fit) or R Dunne
MC - Fox
MC - Tresson
ML - Tryell

FC - Murphy
FC - Tarzan

Subs:
Hannigan
O'Reilly
Long
C Ryan
Franco
R McGuinness
Wayne Byrne!

thats if their all fit!!!!!

seagulls nest
20/10/2005, 12:07 PM
this is a very bold move but the team to win the game im going with..

Skip

O'reilly Mc govern Roche Pip

Long

kev O'brien Tresson Tryell

Fox Tarzan

KR's Post
20/10/2005, 12:13 PM
this is a very bold move but the team to win the game im going with..

Skip

O'reilly Mc govern Roche Pip

Long

kev O'brien Tresson Tryell

Fox Tarzan

Surely Collie James has got to start... And i have my doubts about O' Reilly in such a high profile game, a good player but i think Giffy with the expierience would be a better choice.. Any injurys on the Drogs side?

seagulls nest
20/10/2005, 12:17 PM
only problem i could find with that team is that mcgovern hasnt played in a while and neither has gifford?

Roo69
20/10/2005, 12:25 PM
Collie has to be a defo starter for us ! Defo have Giffy in ahead of O'Reilly, both himself and McGovern are fully fit, Giffy looked raring to go in the friendly on Monday night. There no way we can drop any players for Longer for a match like this, he has been out for such a long time and has only got a few minutes here and there, far to risky IMO.

Is Gartland not suspended for being sent off Vs. Cork last week ?

KR's Post
20/10/2005, 12:26 PM
only problem i could find with that team is that mcgovern hasnt played in a while and neither has gifford?
Longer only coming back aswell, but played quite well in that position at the start of the season!!!! It's going to be a tough call. Something tells me i don't think Tarzan will start...

Bray Head
20/10/2005, 12:30 PM
Collie has to be a defo starter for us ! Defo have Giffy in ahead of O'Reilly, both himself and McGovern are fully fit, Giffy looked raring to go in the friendly on Monday night. There no way we can drop any players for Longer for a match like this, he has been out for such a long time and has only got a few minutes here and there, far to risky IMO.

Is Gartland not suspended for being sent off Vs. Cork last week ?

Paul Keegan is suspended for Drogs having been sent off in the last round against Bohs. Cup sendings off go to the next cup game if your still in it otherwise it's the next league game. I would imagine that Gartland's suspension will be the next league game.

The Wanderer
20/10/2005, 12:39 PM
Paul Keegan is defo out not sure bout Gartland.. I would start Giffy before O'Reilly

fan_1
20/10/2005, 6:00 PM
no way would i play giffy never passes the ball poor at attacking. defo o'reilly

fan_1
20/10/2005, 6:27 PM
Gk-Coc

RB- por
CB- bmg
CB- ct
LB- pk

Rm - rd
cm- sf
cm - kl
lm-dt

cf-kob
cf-pm

that would my strongest team

Grasshopper 99
20/10/2005, 6:37 PM
Skip, (Dero wont change it)

Gifford if fit, if not has will be O'Reilly
McGovern Should start,(Should be Wes)
Tresson cause he will give his all
Pip

McGuinness should start right if fit, if not then dunne.
Keith Long, played great at the start of the season, then injury
Fox
David T

Tarzan, (Should be Eamo)
Georgi, might do it for the big game

KR's Post
21/10/2005, 8:32 AM
Skip, (Dero wont change it)

Gifford if fit, if not has will be O'Reilly
McGovern Should start,(Should be Wes)
Tresson cause he will give his all
Pip

McGuinness should start right if fit, if not then dunne.
Keith Long, played great at the start of the season, then injury
Fox
David T

Tarzan,
:eek: :eek:
Georgi, might do it for the big game

Sorry Grasshopper but that team would lose out and out!!! No way Robbie Mc and Longer are up to it and Franco hasn't been firing on all cylinders lately.....

Roo69
21/10/2005, 8:50 AM
Sorry Grasshopper but that team would lose out and out!!! No way Robbie Mc and Longer are up to it and Franco hasn't been firing on all cylinders lately.....

Agreed, we would be murdered with that team out, no were near our strongest XI

KR's Post
21/10/2005, 8:54 AM
no were near our strongest XI

Very true.......

Roo69
21/10/2005, 8:58 AM
Anyone else getting really nervous ?

The Wanderer
21/10/2005, 9:02 AM
Yes its so close but yet so far away to the final!

KR's Post
21/10/2005, 9:04 AM

Big time.... Can't wait! The tension is killing me. Everytime i look at the match ticket i just want to be there. If not for the match, but the atmosphere aswell.:eek:

The Wanderer
21/10/2005, 9:06 AM
Yeah we have to make our own atmosphere, dont care bout anyone else, sing our hears out..

KR's Post
21/10/2005, 9:09 AM
Yeah we have to make our own atmosphere, dont care bout anyone else, sing our hears out..

Hearts you mean!!! As i said before, don't you worry.... It's going to be great. I don't know what it is, but i prefer playing away from home for this game as we will all be together and singing together. Something that would not have happened if we were drawn at home, i'm sure of that!!

The Wanderer
21/10/2005, 9:11 AM
Well thats very true, as when at home, everyone is scattered around the ground and the noise only comes from the shed!

KK77
21/10/2005, 9:40 AM

Yes i am nervous but why are you sure you have said our name is on it all along and we are going to win it or are you now realising football is a funny game and anything can happen??!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Roo69
21/10/2005, 9:43 AM
Yeah i still think we will win it, have to be optimistic about these things ! but it still does'nt stop we getting nervous when Bray play, jesus i get nervous for league matches as well........ (i know......sad)

SeagullScene
21/10/2005, 10:13 AM
i get nervous for league games too, i look forward to the next game from the final whistle of the last game!!

The Wanderer
21/10/2005, 10:34 AM
I am nervous but have a good feeling on this one, cant wait for the final whistle...