PDA

View Full Version : Sunday

Pages : [1] 2

SeagullScene
18/10/2005, 4:06 PM
many going up to the game, anyone who;s going are you going by bus or making your own way up??

Any predictions???

Roo69
18/10/2005, 4:10 PM
Don't mention the P word................

SeagullScene
18/10/2005, 4:27 PM
ah yeah i agree, just putting out the feelers of how confident we are!!!:cool:

BrayZil
18/10/2005, 4:52 PM
Lets just say im feeling very confident about Sunday. I'm going up by bus.

superfrank
18/10/2005, 5:07 PM
I'm going too.

seagulls nest
18/10/2005, 5:41 PM
what time is kickoff? on some sites it says 3.30pm, nad on the tickets it says 3pm?

SeagullScene
18/10/2005, 5:45 PM
it's 3.30

seagulls nest
18/10/2005, 5:49 PM
i cant wait for it,will we be stopping anywhere for a few drinks beforehand, not gonna bother driving gonna get the bus.

SeagullScene
18/10/2005, 5:51 PM
not sure if the buses are stopping, but i am sure there'll be green and white from bray to drogheda, we have to make loads of noise and bring loads of colour

seagulls nest
18/10/2005, 5:52 PM
hopefully we will have everyone fit so we can pick the strongest team!

SeagullScene
18/10/2005, 5:53 PM
not a hope of that

seagulls nest
18/10/2005, 5:54 PM
well besides jody obviously

Cosmo
18/10/2005, 5:54 PM
i cant wait for it,will we be stopping anywhere for a few drinks beforehand, not gonna bother driving gonna get the bus.

If youre down early ye should head into mother hughes pub (2 minute walk from the ground, decent beer garden too). Thats the drogs supporters main boozer and it will be a good buzz in there prematch.

If you'd rather stick to yourselves the windmill is right beside the ground and therell only be a handful of drogs in there

seagulls nest
18/10/2005, 5:56 PM
ill drink my cans in the street if its all the same!

Cosmo
18/10/2005, 5:57 PM
ill drink my cans in the street if its all the same!

I did the same myself last year when we were away to longford for the semi final :D

SeagullScene
18/10/2005, 6:05 PM
If youre down early ye should head into mother hughes pub (2 minute walk from the ground, decent beer garden too). Thats the drogs supporters main boozer and it will be a good buzz in there prematch.

sounds like a good plan!!!!

KR's Post
19/10/2005, 8:58 AM
First of all welcome Seagull Scene. I think i know who you are, think!! Anyway, don't worry there will be plenty of colour, noise, atmosphere at the game. We will surprise a few doubters(cup supporters i call them) and maybe get em down to the carlisle more often. Have an adult bus ticket, but can't go on the bus beacause i've my own match that morning, so me an d another fella are going to drive up. Mother Hughes pub! Cosmo you invited me there before but the bus stopped outside the ground so we decided to go into that pub. Ah a few cans on the street will have to do!! By the way..... Bray 1-0 Drogs Come on!!!

Grasshopper 99
19/10/2005, 9:31 AM
Plenty going up, around the 400-500 mark. Drinking before get on the bus and probably on it, if any left drink on the street somewhere

Roo69
19/10/2005, 9:32 AM
I'll be driving so no drink for me, i'll leave that until i get back to Bray after the match when the celebrations begin ! Think i'll deck my car out in Green and White for the laugh going up

Cosmo
19/10/2005, 9:35 AM
Just to warn ye lads, there'll probably be plenty of coppers knocking about outside the ground before the match - I wouldnt be too sure if you'd get away with drinking cans on the street outside

Roo69
19/10/2005, 9:40 AM
Cosmo, If Bray do sell all 1000 tickets then were are they going to fit us all ? surely the away stand does not hold 1000 fans ?

Cosmo
19/10/2005, 9:48 AM
Cosmo, If Bray do sell all 1000 tickets then were are they going to fit us all ? surely the away stand does not hold 1000 fans ?

This season behind the goals has been closed to all supporters (the club had to because of a couple of incidents last season). When we played bohs in the cup it was open to half way behind the goal for bohs supporters. I would guess it will be the same story on sunday.

My heads wrecked though - not sure if I should get the train or the bus up for the final :D

The Wanderer
19/10/2005, 9:51 AM
Hopefully there is a good prematch atmosphere, we are driving down to. Sounds like a plan to meet up with the drogs fans before kick off, pre match nerves are starting to set in but have a good feeling on this one. Fingers crossed.

Tarzan, who do u think SeagullScene is!

KR's Post
19/10/2005, 9:51 AM
Plenty going up, around the 400-500 mark. Drinking before get on the bus and probably on it, if any left drink on the street somewhere

Surely there is more than that going up... I mean all tickets are nearly gone, and that's a 1000.... There is 4 club organised buses, 1 from juniors and 1 going from the hibo(private). So surely there is more thean that!!!

KR's Post
19/10/2005, 9:53 AM
Hopefully there is a good prematch atmosphere, we are driving down to. Sounds like a plan to meet up with the drogs fans before kick off, pre match nerves are starting to set in but have a good feeling on this one. Fingers crossed.

Oh there'll be a great atmosphere, at the game, before the game and after the game back to the hibo for celebrations... Segaull Scene is..... Na i won't mention any names on this site, it wouldn't be right!! Who are you though and i''l mlet you know discreetly who i think it is. PM me!

Cosmo
19/10/2005, 10:06 AM

If ye want prematch craic and banter with drogs go to mother hughes (2 minutes walk from ground).

If ye want to stick with yourselves go to the windmill (right besdie your entrance to the ground).

As said above, I reckon cans will be a big no no around the ground - honestly wouldnt recommend it lads, stay away from it tbh

KR's Post
19/10/2005, 10:10 AM
As said above, I reckon cans will be a big no no around the ground - honestly wouldnt recommend it lads, stay away from it tbh

Ah we don't do that sort of thing anyway, so we won't start now... Throw our money away in the pub!!!

SeagullScene
19/10/2005, 10:12 AM
Think i'll deck my car out in Green and White for the laugh going up

That's the way to go Roo ! I'd say there'll be a few cars done up for the day !!

Bray Head
19/10/2005, 10:43 AM
If ye want prematch craic and banter with drogs go to mother hughes (2 minutes walk from ground).

If ye want to stick with yourselves go to the windmill (right besdie your entrance to the ground).

Is mother hughes the pub where we turn right to the ground that normally has the big Drogheda flag outside?

KR's Post
19/10/2005, 10:45 AM
Is mother hughes the pub where we turn right to the ground that normally has the big Drogheda flag outside?

Yep that's the one as far as i know, COSMO??

Cosmo
19/10/2005, 10:52 AM
Yep that's the one as far as i know, COSMO??

Yep thats it, at the 'junction' - big tricolour with 'Home of the Drogs' on it :) !!

The Wanderer
19/10/2005, 10:56 AM
There will be a laod of people who will drive uo themselves to the game! We should all meet at the same pub, a bit of craic before the game. Back to the Hibo! Who has organised the private bus from there.....

Roo69
19/10/2005, 10:59 AM
I reckon we meet Mother Hughes so, what do people think ? Good bit of banter with the Drogs lads etc...

The Wanderer
19/10/2005, 11:19 AM
Yeah i am up for that and i know the others that i am heading up with will be up for a few pre-match drinks! What time do you reckon we should all arrange to meet at!

Roo69
19/10/2005, 11:33 AM
Were leaving Bray at 12, should take abot an hour and a half or so to get up so anytime from half 1 onwards i reckon

SeagullScene
19/10/2005, 11:33 AM
yeah we'll all meet there? say about 2pm, does that suit? enough time for a few bevvies?

Roo69
19/10/2005, 11:43 AM
Perfect, it's agreed so

The Wanderer
19/10/2005, 11:49 AM
Nice one, and i hope u will be wearing you clubs colours in support!

Roo69
19/10/2005, 11:51 AM
I will indeed. If people know who other posters are then introduce yourselves..........

On another note:

Drogheda United have issued advice to Bray supporters travelling for Sunday's FAI Cup Semi-Final.

Road access
To avoid traffic congestion, drivers are asked to take the North Drogheda exit from the M1, that is the 3rd exit after the toll plaza, or the first after the suspension bridge.
At the first roundabout, take the fourth exit, signposted 'Drogheda'.
A quarter of a mile later, take the right turn at the T-junction (there is a roundabout there, too).
Take the next left turn, and the car park is on the left. A €2 coin will cover you for the day. Please note: This is not the car park in the Hospital grounds.

Stadium access
Bray supporters are asked to enter the ground through the Windmill Road gate. For fans who have travelled before, this is the entry beside the public house, where the Supporters Club bus usually stops.
The far stand is reserved for Bray fans.
A plan of United Park showing the gate and stand will be available here this afternoon.

from www.braywanderers.com

The Wanderer
19/10/2005, 11:54 AM
Cheers for that, maybe we should try get a few of a convoy of cars for the way up!

Roo69
19/10/2005, 12:01 PM
Ha Ha, that would be a great laugh ! well the coaches are leaving the Carlisle at 12 i think so if a few cars wanted to leave from there then all the better

SeagullScene
19/10/2005, 12:10 PM
what a laugh, only allowed in the convoy of your cars has colours though!!! We'll show other supporters how it's done

C'mon the wanderers

KR's Post
19/10/2005, 12:30 PM
Ha Ha, that would be a great laugh ! well the coaches are leaving the Carlisle at 12 i think so if a few cars wanted to leave from there then all the better
Leaving from SuperQuinn at 12.00 or 12.30.. Better be there for 12 cos i'm not sure..
A fella i know who goes to the matches is organising his own bus from the hibo... Nothing to do with the supporters club AFAIK...

dublinwanderer
19/10/2005, 12:47 PM
Stadium access
Bray supporters are asked to enter the ground through the Windmill Road gate. For fans who have travelled before, this is the entry beside the public house, where the Supporters Club bus usually stops.
The far stand is reserved for Bray fans.
A plan of United Park showing the gate and stand will be available here this afternoon.

from www.braywanderers.com

is this stand not the main drogheda supporters stand????????:confused: :confused: :confused: :confused:

mchurl
19/10/2005, 12:52 PM
c'mon the wanderers has to be a bray win boys surely. I fancy a bit of european football next season!!:D

The Wanderer
19/10/2005, 12:54 PM
Big time, come on the wanderers, we need all the support we ca get..

KR's Post
19/10/2005, 2:23 PM
is this stand not the main drogheda supporters stand????????:confused: :confused: :confused: :confused:
They mean the far stand on the side we enter. Remember there is a ****ty seated stand on our side aswell. Was talking to your bro about it earlier DW... P.S. I won't be going by bus, i've to play a match myself that morning so we're going to drive up!

superfrank
19/10/2005, 2:24 PM
Aload of new faces round here. Huh, part-timers, right Grasshopper??

I think anyone, no matter age, gets served in the Windmill. A few of the younger fans got served their last time anyway. Just saying.

Are we in the big stand on the far side??

KR's Post
19/10/2005, 2:27 PM
Aload of new faces round here. Huh, part-timers, right Grasshopper??

Are we in the big stand on the far side??
I know, i noticed that myself... Part timers maybe, but i suppose it can only be good.... No we are in the one in which we stood before. Beside the S-hitty seated stand.:)

superfrank
19/10/2005, 2:32 PM
Oh not the little terrace bit? FFS.