PDA

View Full Version : Avatars?

Strasbourg Bohs
02/05/2002, 5:39 PM
Do the guys who run this site plan on making avatars available beside peoples names?

:D

Pablo
02/05/2002, 5:43 PM
well it'd be good to be able to have a club crest next to your posts.....maybe there is some technical reason for the lack of avtars

James
02/05/2002, 6:05 PM
here's what was siad before

avator explaination (http://www.foot.ie/showthread.php?s=&threadid=1293)

Pablo
02/05/2002, 6:08 PM
this is a war Adam! you have to compete for the recognition of foot.ie! :D

dahamsta
02/05/2002, 7:25 PM
It's possible to hack vBulletin to give people little "profiles", i.e. you could make them look like collectors cards and that. However, vB is heading towards a major release soon, and I'm not keen to do any serious hacking until the new release is out and debugged. So avatars are still out for a little while. We'll come back to it.

adam

A face
02/05/2002, 7:56 PM
Originally posted by Vetinari
It's possible to hack vBulletin to give people little "profiles", i.e. you could make them look like collectors cards and that. However, vB is heading towards a major release soon, and I'm not keen to do any serious hacking until the new release is out and debugged. So avatars are still out for a little while. We'll come back to it.

adam

throwin' my tupence :D

Adam ...... when we come back to it, i think the crests of each club is the way to go. Maybe a few more novelty one but the clubs crest would look cool.

James
03/05/2002, 8:01 PM
yea wouldnt mind an old crest there now meself.. although seeing as the majority of users are ccfc ones would everyone not end up with the same crest??

dahamsta
03/05/2002, 9:01 PM
seeing as the majority of users are ccfc ones would everyone not end up with the same crest??

This is another factor. It'd look stupid.

adam