PDA

View Full Version : How other results affect us...

Peadar
18/10/2005, 9:13 AM
Harps are clearly in a situation where nothing less than 3 points will do tonight. After Waterford winning last night, the pressure is really on for them to get something from their last 6 games. That should ensure a more open game and hopefully the chance for us to create more and score enough.

With games against all the bottom sides ahead for us, we'll have to hope that the fight is gone out of Waterford before we go there. At home to Pats, we should be ok and from what I saw of Rovers against Derry, they've got no fight whatsoever in them.

Hopefully Shels will have nothing to play for when we go there.

Hecko
18/10/2005, 10:50 AM
I hope it is an open game. One of the most important things that no-one seems to be talking about is goal difference. Derry have clawed back our advantage to just three which could be crucial at the end of the season.

We still have an advantage in that we have two games in hand to increase our positive difference, but if we drop the same number of points as Derry before the end (pretty likely) then we go in 3 points up. If we have a three or four goal advantage in difference, then a 2-0 win for Derry wins the league. If we have a 5 goal advantage or more they'd need to beat us by three. the same applies if we drop two points more than Derry and the last game is a draw.

IMO Goal Difference is like an extra point and even if Derry win every other game, this season they coudl still lose on it if we take advantage of games like Harps to put a few away.

joeSoap
18/10/2005, 11:17 AM
With games against all the bottom sides ahead for us, we'll have to hope that the fight is gone out of Waterford before we go there. At home to Pats, we should be ok and from what I saw of Rovers against Derry, they've got no fight whatsoever in them.

Hopefully Shels will have nothing to play for when we go there.Alas, Peader, I feel that ye have become the 'Man U' of Eircom League football in so far as everybody wants to beat ye, and I think you'll find, especially against Rovers and Waterford(for obvious reasons) that teams with no fight in them are suddenly playing like their lives depended upon it....

Dricky
18/10/2005, 11:53 AM
Nah Joe soap, that title is still with Shels and as long as Ollie is there so will the Manure title remain.

Schumi
18/10/2005, 2:08 PM
Regardless of other results, Pats and Waterford are poor sides who Cork should have no trouble beating really. It's Derry and Shels that you need to worry about.

pete
18/10/2005, 3:43 PM
1-0 from now to end of season will do me fine.

Peadar
19/10/2005, 9:15 AM
Not sure if Harps are just rubbish or if they came at us and left gaps but, we won and we're back where we belong. :)

pete
19/10/2005, 11:02 AM
I heard we were in control for most of the game & when Harps nicked the goal we came back strongly & were allover them.

Missing 3 first choice players too.

patsh
19/10/2005, 11:42 AM
Regardless of other results, Pats and Waterford are poor sides who Cork should have no trouble beating really. It's Derry and Shels that you need to worry about.
Waterford will be at least as hard as $hels & Derry. Local derby, they are always well up for this game plus Dolan will have them even more fired up and they wont want to have to go to a playoff.
The 3 toughest games of our season will be our last 3.

redgav
19/10/2005, 11:43 AM
Harps are clearly in a situation where nothing less than 3 points will do tonight. After Waterford winning last night, the pressure is really on for them to get something from their last 6 games. That should ensure a more open game and hopefully the chance for us to create more and score enough.

Hopefully Shels will have nothing to play for when we go there.

I was up there early and managed to have a chat with a few harps heads in gallens and Junction16...same story each time , the wahhhurfurd result really hit them hard.Most I spoke to were pretty much resigned to relegation,and there was one nutter that was goin nuts over the manager wantin him sacked but on the whole ,they were gutted with that goal .They did up their game a bit against us tho

Rebal Boy
20/10/2005, 7:50 PM
Lads what are ye talking about. Our toughest game of the season is tomorrow as far as I'm concerend. It should be a cracker.

Peadar
21/10/2005, 8:38 AM
Our toughest game of the season is tomorrow as far as I'm concerend.

The game tonight is in the Cup, I was talking about the league.