PDA

View Full Version : Liddle on Newstalk106.ie ontheball

Noelys Guitar
17/10/2005, 8:15 PM
I guarantee he has a stage cockney accent or a lisp!

thejollyrodger
17/10/2005, 8:19 PM
what time is he on at ?

thejollyrodger
17/10/2005, 8:25 PM
hes on now in a minute.

beautifulrock
17/10/2005, 8:49 PM
what did he say about his article?

Noelys Guitar
17/10/2005, 9:07 PM
He had a real problem saying Pakistan rather than I'd guess his usual shorter version. He was exactly the type of prat I thought he would be. His point being that we don't like them so why should they support us which is fair enough. What Liddle the Millwall fan didn't mention and should have been asked. When has this dislike led to English bars, fans been attacked by Irish fans?

thejollyrodger
18/10/2005, 9:57 AM
he was a prat alright.

Basically he reckoned that England should treat Ireland the same way it treats Holland, France, Belgium etc when it comes to football since were two seperate countries. He hates the way some aspects of English society support Ireland and says most irish fans are delighted to see England lose and they should follow suit.

I thought the fella was a bitter man, ****ed off about Ireland for some obsure twisted reason.

mandrake
18/10/2005, 10:53 AM
ok so,
2 things :
1. its ok for irish people to hate england winning but not for them to hate us winning!!! double standards on irish peoples behalf, cmon lads fairs fair

2. although he is a millwall fan so they are brought up as scum anyway.

NY Hoop
18/10/2005, 10:59 AM
ok so,
2 things :
1. its ok for irish people to hate england winning but not for them to hate us winning!!! double standards on irish peoples behalf, cmon lads fairs fair

1. Rubbish. Who cares if they wanna/ dont wanna see us win?

2. Beyond rubbish:rolleyes:

KOH

WeAreRovers
18/10/2005, 11:17 AM

He's about as much a Millwall fan as I am. Rod Liddle is just a posh liberalish media whore. I'd never even seen him writing about football until the article in the Sunday Times. We shouldn't even dignify his gibberish by being offended.

KOH

wws
18/10/2005, 11:38 AM
it shows the classic inferiority complex of the irish, the reaction to this guy Liddle - never heard of him before but he made no controversial points on the 106 interview. Why do Irish people give a fck how the english view them yet bad mouth the english at every hands turn - personally I couldnt give a fig but some ppl still look to england for some bizarre affirmation

Liddle is 100% right, why would any england fan want the fecking score from an Ireland game over and above any other?!?!? is it beacuase we basically were the englan "b" team during the 'glory years'. Alrite Guv, Andy Townsend for Eire Captain!