PDA

View Full Version : Change To FAI Open Draw ?

Unreal Madrid
17/10/2005, 7:16 PM
First of all, I don't know how true this is but I have been told that their will be no open draw in this years FAI last 64 (out of town). I have heard that the draw is Munster based and that you would have to win the Munster section to progress. This seems a bit extreme but it could be a case that the last 4 / 6 in Munster would make the last 16 and they would then have an ''open'' draw.

It's basically a way to ensure that the Dubs will have a decent chance to win an Fai as i'm sure if you had it on a regional basis they would have at least 6 Dublin teams in the last 16 or 3 - 4 in the last 8.

Anyone know if this is true?

abbeyvale
17/10/2005, 8:28 PM
First of all, I don't know how true this is but I have been told that their will be no open draw in this years FAI last 64 (out of town). I have heard that the draw is Munster based and that you would have to win the Munster section to progress. This seems a bit extreme but it could be a case that the last 4 / 6 in Munster would make the last 16 and they would then have an ''open'' draw.

It's basically a way to ensure that the Dubs will have a decent chance to win an Fai as i'm sure if you had it on a regional basis they would have at least 6 Dublin teams in the last 16 or 3 - 4 in the last 8.

Where did you get this info??

The Don
18/10/2005, 8:22 AM
Dont think so, the draw procedes as normal.

abbeyvale
22/10/2005, 8:28 PM
Dont think so, the draw procedes as normal.

I haven't heard any different either!!!!! so I presume it goes ahead as normal...

Thunderblaster
30/10/2005, 12:07 PM

If it is true, it sounds like gerrymandering.

gnasher
02/11/2005, 4:36 PM
If it is true, it sounds like gerrymandering.

Which is what exactly?

abbeyvale
14/11/2005, 8:46 AM

Lads
Anyone have the draw for the remaining Limerick teams??

HuRya
14/11/2005, 8:57 AM
Lads
Anyone have the draw for the remaining Limerick teams??

FAI Junior Cup 4th Round draw
(made in Cappaquin,Waterford on Sat Nov 12th):

LIMERICK Section
Pike Rovers vs Balla/Summerville
Regional Utd vs Carew Park
Park AFC vs ULAA
Mungret Reg vs Distillery
Star Rvs vs St. Patricks

widow
14/11/2005, 8:58 AM
pike are at home

abbeyvale
15/11/2005, 8:33 AM
pike are at home

So are Star

the only 1
15/11/2005, 10:21 AM
So are Star

wow people are really worried bout ye:) :)

abbeyvale
15/11/2005, 10:42 AM
wow people are really worried bout ye:) :)

and who are ye playing in the next round??

the only 1
15/11/2005, 11:32 AM
and who are ye playing in the next round??

more worried about the premier and did u not get a game did week again you must be sick of pulling out splinters out of ur ass from sitting on the bench:) :) :eek:

abbeyvale
15/11/2005, 12:49 PM
more worried about the premier and did u not get a game did week again you must be sick of pulling out splinters out of ur ass from sitting on the bench:) :) :eek:

took part in last 2 games,
if ye don't concentrate on the prem ye might get relegated so your prob better off out of the cups

abbeyvale
16/11/2005, 12:40 PM

Is the above the way the next round is gonna be made or can anyone confirm?? or will it be a total open draw??

Thunderblaster
20/11/2005, 6:06 PM
Which is what exactly?

Gerrymandering is a term used to redraw rules or boundaries to give advantage to a particular organisation. Biggest example was in Northern Ireland when constituencies were gerrymandered to accomodate the Ulster Unionists to win majorities in Nationalist areas from 1922 to 1968.

Unreal Madrid
22/11/2005, 10:47 PM
Gerrymandering is a term used to redraw rules or boundaries to give advantage to a particular organisation. Biggest example was in Northern Ireland when constituencies were gerrymandered to accomodate the Ulster Unionists to win majorities in Nationalist areas from 1922 to 1968.

Yip, Gerry Mandering, that's the guy that told me the rules were being changed :D

tipp man
23/11/2005, 9:17 AM
The rules for the draw are not being changed. The country wide national draw will take place as per previous years.