PDA

View Full Version : Drink driving scumbag

Cosmo
17/10/2005, 3:33 PM
So did the club take the rightful moral high ground and fine George for his appearence in court the oher week :confused: ?

Peadar
17/10/2005, 3:35 PM
So did the club take the rightful moral high ground and fine George for his appearence in court the oher week :confused: ?

What would it have to do with the club?
My company wouldn't fine me or dock my wages if I was in court.
Are you just out to stir things up?
Hope you never have a run in with the law or I'll have to petition your employer to fine you. :rolleyes:

joeSoap
17/10/2005, 3:38 PM
A$$hole.:mad:

Cosmo
17/10/2005, 3:42 PM
What would it have to do with the club?
My company wouldn't fine me or dock my wages if I was in court.
Are you just out to stir things up?
Hope you never have a run in with the law or I'll have to petition your employer to fine you. :rolleyes:

Not trying to stir it at all - was just wondering if the scumbag got fined by the club. If it happened to Reynolds or Connor it would be plastered all over the place.

Would it not be very unusual for a professional club in england not to fine a player for something like that? Maybe im wrong

I heard he's appealing it - yes or no?

Just wondering people as ive heard very little about it apart from what i heard was in the echo

Cosmo
17/10/2005, 3:48 PM
A$$hole.:mad:

Why am i an a**ehole for asking an innocent question?

Right, ill drop it if its all supposed to be kept hush hush for some reason :rolleyes:

Honestly wasnt trying to stir it - was just asking as i havent heard it mentioned anywhere bar in the echo :confused:

Schumi
17/10/2005, 4:01 PM
Pats had a big demonstration about it in Richmond on Friday.

joeSoap
17/10/2005, 4:04 PM
Why am i an a**ehole for asking an innocent question?

Right, ill drop it if its all supposed to be kept hush hush for some reason :rolleyes:

Honestly wasnt trying to stir it - was just asking as i havent heard it mentioned anywhere bar in the echo :confused:Apologies for the name calling. Its not on, and I'm sorry.

I just don't think that bringing this sort of thing up helps anybody, especially the player involved.

Peadar
17/10/2005, 4:05 PM
Pats had a big demonstration about it in Richmond on Friday.

They need something to distract them from their football. :rolleyes:

Cosmo
17/10/2005, 4:11 PM
Apologies for the name calling. Its not on, and I'm sorry.

I just don't think that bringing this sort of thing up helps anybody, especially the player involved.

But wasnt it in the echo anyway?

Fair enough, if someone wants to delete the thread I've no problem with it as as i said it was an innocent query :o

Dodge
17/10/2005, 4:30 PM
One of our new sponsors is the national safety council and plastered on the roof of the stand is "Don't Srink and Drive"

Don't wany be seen for stirring but I'd gues the club could sanction him as there's probably something in his contract about "bringing the club into disrepute" or "obeying the laws of the country"

Schumi
17/10/2005, 4:33 PM
See here (http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v239/SchumiUCD/Pats2.jpg). :D

pete
17/10/2005, 6:08 PM

He'd need a job in the first place.

Cosmo
17/10/2005, 7:06 PM
He'd need a job in the first place.

True, very true - high rate of unemployment in drogheda - thankfully IFSC is creating a few hundred jobs up here in a few months :)

razor
17/10/2005, 10:07 PM
Georges court case(s) are public knowledge, did you only just find out?
As the lads have said its not the business of the club to fine in such situations and plus sure Georgie will need all his money now for taxis.

A face
18/10/2005, 12:18 AM
One of our new sponsors is the national safety council and plastered on the roof of the stand is "Don't Srink and Drive"

"Don't Srink and Drive" .... jebus ... them must have been half cut themselves when they put that sign up !! :p

National Safety Council you say !! :D

RedX
18/10/2005, 1:01 AM

Cosmo..first of all just to say unlucky in your defeat Friday night..oh and pass on my regards to Dan Connor..;)

Have you anything better to say in trying to stir up City fans after Fridays defeat?..Georgie was wrong for drink driving and he payed the penalty..there are a lot more people around that never got caught and made this mistake once or twice in there time also..he made a mistake...i am surprised at you for stooping so low with that thread headline..shame on you Cosmo..thought you seemed to have more about you than that..

A face
18/10/2005, 1:22 AM
Cosmo..first of all just to say unlucky in your defeat Friday night..oh and pass on my regards to Dan Connor..;)

He'd probably pass into the back of the net !! :p

RedX
18/10/2005, 1:27 AM
He'd probably pass into the back of the net !! :p

And he was doing so well acting the boy and doing his usual time wasting..then he goes along and fcuks everything up for himself...:D

Cosmo
18/10/2005, 9:02 AM

He says hello :D

'Georges court case(s) are public knowledge, did you only just find out?'

Yeah, only found out when I was in cork

'there are a lot more people around that never got caught and made this mistake once or twice in there time also'

Totally agree

'he made a mistake'

A very big one at that (is there nobody out there that cork fans give grief to because they made a 'mistake')

'i am surprised at you for stooping so low with that thread headline'

Nothing wrong with the thread headline - when you're the victim of such a crime you might think the same :rolleyes:

But anyway, I'll leave it at that

kingcolers
18/10/2005, 11:21 AM
why are people so defensive about george o'callaghan? i'm a lifelong city fan but i am not a george o'callaghan fan at all. sure, he has some talent but not as much as he thinks he has (nor as much as some of his admrers think he has). He's a good eL player - full stop. Anybody who thinks otherwise should look at his performances (and attitude) against Prague.

personally i think he has all the petulance but none of the talent of the cross-channel players he so deperately would like to be. i doubt if any manager would say the same about george as coppel said about doyle (ie, he trains, he goes home, lovely lad ,etc).

Peadar
18/10/2005, 11:34 AM
why are people so defensive about george o'callaghan?

I'm defensive about the notion that players should be double punished just because they play football for a living. Nothing to do with George as such. The courts have dealt with this issue, end of as far as I'm concerned.

StarandCrescent
18/10/2005, 11:39 AM
just my tuppence worth,

there is nothing wrong or inaccurate about the heading of this thread. Anyone who drinks and drives is a scumbag of the highest order.

A neighbour of mine was killed by a drunk driver.

patsh
18/10/2005, 12:30 PM
Why is it that Drogheda supporters feel so bitter about his?
You lot didn't actually think George was ever going to sign for you, did you? :D

Macy
18/10/2005, 12:51 PM
Shouldn't be brushed under the carpet either. Don't remember everyone jumping to Niall Quinn's defence so quickly. :rolleyes:

btw Peader, alot of people would have their careers effected by stuff like this. Hardly helping the image of Cork City. Luckily for him he got away with not killing anybody.

Cosmo
18/10/2005, 1:18 PM
Why is it that Drogheda supporters feel so bitter about his?
You lot didn't actually think George was ever going to sign for you, did you? :D

Patsh, nothing at all to do with him not signing for drogheda. I think it was you I had this debate with before he was linked with us - I think he's over rated and id prefer players like Michael Collins with Portadown before him.

No bitterness either - after he signed for cork I was one of the few drogs that said good luck to him, he did what he had to do for himself and I've no problem with what he did.

Fair_play_boy
23/10/2005, 11:36 PM
What bothered me (apart from the obvious) was the timing of the incident. I think from memory it happened on October 20th 2004. That was just two days before a crucial home match against SPA. We had to take all 3 points to maintain the pressure on Shels. As it turned out, Georgie played a stormer, had a shot on goal blocked by Flynnie, and we won 3-nil with two from Flynnie and one from Billy Woods.
But that is not the point. Having a gallon of beer plus shorts 48 hours before a game is sheer unprofessional lunacy, IMO.

Dodge
24/10/2005, 12:05 AM
Nice to see your priorities are right anyway

Troy.McClure
25/10/2005, 2:19 PM
i'm a lifelong city fan but i am not a george o'callaghan fan at all. sure, he has some talent but not as much as he thinks he has (nor as much as some of his admrers think he has). He's a good eL player - full stop. Anybody who thinks otherwise should look at his performances (and attitude) against Prague.

personally i think he has all the petulance but none of the talent of the cross-channel players he so deperately would like to be.

Are you one of those auld fellas who sits in the Donnie Ford and moans about George for the full 90 min and never says anything positive? :p :eek: :confused:

Éanna
28/10/2005, 12:38 AM
George made a mistake. Drink driving is wrong and utterly stupid. He's paid for his mistake and he's got himself sorted out now. He doesn't deserve any more punishment than that. The guy is a class footballer, and since he decided to get his house in order, he's a model pro too.

Cosmo
28/10/2005, 9:10 AM
he's a model pro too.

Sorry Eanna, I have to laugh at that comment :D

Dodge
28/10/2005, 10:02 AM
He should also ecpect some stick from opposing fans.

Éanna
28/10/2005, 2:55 PM
Sorry Eanna, I have to laugh at that comment :D
Laugh all you want, god knows being from Louth you need something to cheer you up. George has cleaned up his act since that incident, and he IS a model pro.

GavinZac
07/11/2005, 1:37 PM
btw Peader, alot of people would have their careers effected by stuff like this. Hardly helping the image of Cork City. Luckily for him he got away with not killing anybody.

thankfully pat dolan was around to give the man some guidance and he hasnt drank in years.

Dodge
07/11/2005, 2:22 PM
thankfully pat dolan was around to give the man some guidance and he hasnt drank in years.
Told you that did he? Poor naive Corkies...

Gareth
07/11/2005, 3:46 PM
George made a mistake. Drink driving is wrong and utterly stupid. He's paid for his mistake and he's got himself sorted out now. He doesn't deserve any more punishment than that. The guy is a class footballer, and since he decided to get his house in order, he's a model pro too.
I do find it ironic that people are on here complaining about being double punished for past crimes. And that we should let it lie. I have to say there certainly is selectiveness in this. Eanna, you are being slightly hypocritical give out about people dragging George's past indiscretion up. Are you not known to do that with a certain other league personlities??

GavinZac
07/11/2005, 3:54 PM
Are you not known to do that with a certain other league personlities??
what, olly's theft conviciton?

Gareth
07/11/2005, 4:02 PM
Personally I think that drink-driving should be possibly greeted with a penalty harsher than a suspension from driving for a period of time. But then I feel strongly on this. I don't think he should be fined by the club, in the same why I would not expect to be fined in mine. However I would not be drink driving but thats acedemic. The only way a fine would be imposed and I think its done in England is when you sully the name of the club in misbehaving whilst an employee?

GavinZac
07/11/2005, 4:08 PM
Personally I think that drink-driving should be possibly greeted with a penalty harsher than a suspension from driving for a period of time.

perhaps it should but to be fair, the system is about rewarding rehabilitation rather than just locking people away. george realised his stupidity and changed. of course, he compensated stupidity for ego.

Gareth
07/11/2005, 4:51 PM
Prison is a dreadful option. Shame we still have no alternative to it for most crimes. As a person who sees every second of my life as utterly valuable, I couldn't survive a longterm prison sentence. I would go mad.

Cosmo
07/11/2005, 7:27 PM
and he IS a model pro.

Even leaving aside some of the crap he gets up to on the pitch, its nice to see you think he's still a model pro after hugging the opposing manager in front of his own fans after drawing 2 all to dent the title hopes ;)

GavinZac
07/11/2005, 7:31 PM
Even leaving aside some of the crap he gets up to on the pitch, its nice to see you think he's still a model pro after hugging the opposing manager in front of his own fans after drawing 2 all to dent the title hopes ;)

have you been reading the official site? :D

Cosmo
07/11/2005, 8:22 PM
have you been reading the official site? :D

No hiding from me, so watch what ye say where ever ye are :p