PDA

View Full Version : Highest gate

TheSaint2002
02/05/2002, 4:00 PM
Here is a question i got from the other forum from one of the Norn iron lads can anyone help me out what was the highest attendence at a league game last year.

Pablo
02/05/2002, 4:26 PM
we certainly didnt trouble it in a couple of years anyway. I'd say City v pats in '99 (12,000?) was the highest league gate for some years....as for this year? i have no idea....

TheSaint2002
02/05/2002, 4:31 PM
the same thing has happened to a few clubs fair weather syndrome :mad: as i call it,we were getting great crowds after the celtic game now only one side of the terrancing is full and the main is mostly three quaters full.

James
02/05/2002, 4:34 PM
and city highest attendence is still listed as being from that match in 91 against Scumdalk..isnt it
that attendence was something like 11,500 if i'm not mistaken although joe or pete will more then likely have an exact figure .. including how many bags of chips were sold that day from the chipper :D

but i find with city games anyway and other matches u goto , that what is reported as the attendence and what you at the ground actually see, vary greatly.. for what ever reasons the clubs might have to under or overestimate the figure...
WHY: oooh i duno let me just throw out alledged tax filings, or not wanting to share the full gate receipts with another club at say a cup tie ...

there should though in this day an age be an accurate attendence for all premier division matches..

BTW whats the record attendence for an eircom league game ever ?

and by the way mcnulty i still hate you, you scummy mother****er

Pablo
02/05/2002, 4:34 PM
its a problem alright...Pats have no excuse though at least they are in a position to challenge for honours.....City however are dire. Heres to next year!

Schumi
02/05/2002, 7:57 PM
Originally posted by THESAINT2002
what was the highest attendence at a league game last year.

I'd say it probably was the second $hels - Pats game in Tolka.