PDA

View Full Version : Doyle delights as Reading show promotion form

Hecko
17/10/2005, 9:20 AM
Lads, see this report form today's guardian. Another man of the match perfromance from Doyler. I met Ger Gilroy of Newstalk 106 at the Ireland match last week and when I mentoined Doyle, he said that obviously he was better than "anyone had realised".

Anyone except us IMO:rolleyes:

http://football.guardian.co.uk/Match_Report/0,1527,1593623,00.html

joeSoap
17/10/2005, 9:28 AM
Ah please lads, c'mon. .How many 'Kevin Doyle is brilliant' threads can ye start? I know he is doing really well, but please...........

Roo69
17/10/2005, 9:29 AM
Good preformance from him alright, great goal and should have had another but hit the bar. Was very surprised to see him being replaced by Kitson

Ruairi
17/10/2005, 10:02 AM
joesoap, if you've nothing to add to the thread then dont post, k?

I agree roo, very surprised to see him being replaced by kitson, especially when lita was so poor. looking at lita and doyler yesterday you'd wonder who was the million pound player.. doyles ball in for lita when he hit the post (and then doyle hit the bar) was a touch of genius..

patsh
17/10/2005, 10:07 AM
joesoap, if you've nothing to add to the thread then dont post, k?

Sure in that case, there would be no posts from him at all Ruáiri...:p :D

joeSoap
17/10/2005, 10:17 AM
joesoap, if you've nothing to add to the thread then dont post, k?..And there was I thinking that we lived in a democratic society, with freedom of speech.:p ;)

I just think that if all the 'Kevin Doyle' posts were in the same thread it would be easier to follow and contribute to.

Oh, and he's not a Cork City player any more!!

On the football side,I'd say he was substituted cos Coppell wanted to give the other two a chance to see who gets the right to play with him up front. Still, he's a funny man that Coppell, and he's going to show faith in Lita cos he splashed a million on him, and Kitson does really look the business and is a crowd favourite. Interesting times ahead. Maybe he'll use Doyle out wide, or just in behind the front two.

I wouldn't be surprised though if Coppell drops him for a fit Kitson, he's mad enough to.

pete
17/10/2005, 11:46 AM
On the football side,I'd say he was substituted cos Coppell wanted to give the other two a chance to see who gets the right to play with him up front.

The way i saw it was Doyle was being rested for midweek game as he'd already won the game. He left Lita & Kitson on the fight for 2nd striker role.

Coppell: "He comes in, trains and then goes home. He has no ego - he's a lovely lad."

Contrast with Robbie Keane & his ego for Ireland...?

Doyle is playing exactly same way as he did for City but just getting chance to prove himself against better defenders every week. The Championship is more glamorous so he gets more attention.

Even if his eL career is disguarded he was already proven U21 international goalscorer.

kingcolers
17/10/2005, 12:31 PM
Doyle is playing exactly same way as he did for City but just getting chance to prove himself against better defenders every week. The Championship is more glamorous so he gets more attention.

i sort of agree...but you have to admit that he has probably improved as a player since he is playing with and against better players and teams. and he'd be more confident too. so he's probably not quite the exact same player he was with city...

Peadar
17/10/2005, 1:05 PM
but you have to admit that he has probably improved as a player since he is playing with and against better players and teams.

If anything I think he doesn't have to work as hard with Reading because he has better players around him. He was probably the best player at Cork City and even the eL but now he's a good player in the Championship and a good player at Reading. He is still making the same runs though and still showing the same strength on the ball. Reading didn't suddenly make him a good player. They can't believe their luck at the value they've got.

ccfcgirl
17/10/2005, 3:04 PM
I always knew Kevin would do well at Reading ,I only wishe we could of kept him untill the end of the season .I say he would of done brilliant in Europe especially Prague.

joeSoap
17/10/2005, 3:07 PM
I think its fair to say that the league would defo be over by now if he was still at Cork, and that Prague wouldn't have had it as easy either...he might have pinched an away goal for ye.

thejollyrodger
17/10/2005, 3:10 PM
I think robbie should be dropped from the team or even the squad for a bit, maybe he would realise that he is crap most of the time.