PDA

View Full Version : Who's to blame?

sligoman
16/10/2005, 1:47 PM
Seen this poll question on eleven-a-side:

Who do you blame for Ireland’s failure to qualify for the 2006 World Cup?:confused:

Conor H
16/10/2005, 1:49 PM
The israelies....*******!!

junkie
16/10/2005, 2:36 PM
Percentage of blame IMO....

Brian Kerr - 70%
Players - 20%
FAI -10%
Bad Luck - 0%

RedX
16/10/2005, 3:21 PM
I blame them all...Kerr unfortunately for not being a good enough manager..some of the players for showing no heart,especially Carr/O'Shea/Robbie and the rest...and the FAIures for hiring Kerr and being consistently useless for years..no the poll is no good unless you can add one for all these together..

thejollyrodger
16/10/2005, 3:28 PM
Same here RedX. They are all to blame.

dublinred
16/10/2005, 3:48 PM
What about the Irish media ?

thejollyrodger
16/10/2005, 3:52 PM
yeah them as well. They didnt help no matter what they say.

Cosmo
16/10/2005, 7:24 PM
I went for bad luck. I thought we were unlucky in both matches. Away from home, granted we sat deep but it was a last minute sucker goal that got us (this was more the players than kerr though as kerr could be heard on the tv telling them to push the f**k up).

Israel at home, we were cruising and robbie was on form and then he gets injured. That changed the match. Also the israeli keeper was a right pr!ck :mad: . Wouldnt have gone with the substitution kerr made, but i can see what his thinking was on it.

France at home, we didnt deserve to lose and lost only by a piece of magic (never mind osheas sitter in france :( )

Obviously players and manager have to take the rap but i do belive we were very unlucky too

ccfcgirl
16/10/2005, 9:12 PM
I went for bad luck (even though we did have luck in the cyprus game ) .

tricky_colour
16/10/2005, 11:43 PM
Yea I think there should be an "all of the above option" too.
Although its hard to pin the blame on the FAI, being so far removed.

on_me_head_son
17/10/2005, 4:56 AM
I reckon Kerr has to shoulder most of the blame. After all he is the manager and the buck stops with him.

He couldn't get the most out of the players and his negative tactics came back to haunt us twice against the Isrealis. We would have topped the group if we hadn't dropped those four points.

Tired&Emotional
17/10/2005, 8:45 AM
Uri Gellar....

Don Vito
17/10/2005, 12:33 PM
F**k bad luck, you make you're own luck in this life. Kerr and the players must equally share the blame. For once the FAI are not in the dock.

Why did you bring on Kavanagh against the Israelis Brian?? Why??? Oh Jesus the pain will never go away I'm missing a World Cup in my prime.

Marked Man
18/10/2005, 3:55 PM
The answer to this question, in any context, is always: The Brits.
I just have to work on a theory that fits it all together.

paul_oshea
18/10/2005, 4:22 PM
[QUOTE]The answer to this question, in any context, is always: The Brits[QUOTE]

LOL, it usually works!

it certianly is a combination of htem all but there is a majority percentage with kerr, we played 45 mins of good football against france and 25 mins against israel, after that we were poor, what does that say to you? well it says to me at least that we can play good football, that the players are better than they are performing and that they are good enough to compete with the best of them, therefore someone isnt getting the best out of the players and that someone is kerr guys!!!!

TheJamaicanP.M.
18/10/2005, 4:36 PM
[QUOTE]The answer to this question, in any context, is always: The Brits[QUOTE]

LOL, it usually works!

it certianly is a combination of htem all but there is a majority percentage with kerr, we played 45 mins of good football against france and 25 mins against israel, after that we were poor, what does that say to you? well it says to me at least that we can play good football, that the players are better than they are performing and that they are good enough to compete with the best of them, therefore someone isnt getting the best out of the players and that someone is kerr guys!!!!

Very true. You've summed it up perfectly in a few sentences.

colster
18/10/2005, 5:00 PM
Tony Cascarino said somethinng on Today FM at the weekend about the meticulous preparation of Kerr. He said that we've played the Swiss 3 times under Kerr and yet the last game we didn't look like we had a plan to beat them.
I think that's pretty damning.

Jerry The Saint
18/10/2005, 5:02 PM
Oh Jesus the pain will never go away I'm missing a World Cup in my prime.

:D Quality! Is that you Duffer? You shouldn't have got injured if it meant so much to you.;)

ken foree
18/10/2005, 5:19 PM
players mostly, kerr some, and plastic fans like myself who would fill lansdowne and gasp and moan at every misplaced pass. vicious circle, bad pass ---> bad atmosphere -----> more bad passes

youngirish
18/10/2005, 5:41 PM
Kerr is by far the most to blame because he didn't have the balls to drop some of those s**t players that weren't performing (JOS, Carr, Kilbane). We have ready replacements for all those players so he did have a choice.

Also his tactics and substitutions were dreadful. The long balls up to our midget strikers that were for the most part employed as our only attacking option in game after game and his continuous introduction of Gary Doherty as a striker while persisting with these tactics cost us s**tloads of points.

Finally by playing two central defensive midfielders for the whole of our last game which we had to win and by sticking with those midfielders all game at the expense of the strikers he took off really did prove to me that he was a bit of a muppet and was out of his depth.