PDA

View Full Version : Disgrace

Da Real Rover
15/10/2005, 9:10 PM
Half the Rovers fans here a disgrace, yer so full of sh!te. Full of pomp and empty promises and empty threats. Where we yee singing, i thought yee were going to prove yee are the real hard core fans, the real loyal ones. For such a large support we have the worst fans in the showgrounds, in your PC world yee have banned everyone who creates an atmosphere. Now were the prawn sandwich eaters of Ireland. Your so bloody ignorant that you cant see past what clubs are portrayed as what should like in the premiersh!t. Noise is ment to be made at football grounds. I would like to applaud our Connaught neighbours for the support and atmosphere they gave there team, they put yee blustering clowns to shame. What ever happened to yer promises of singing your hearts out and showing your the real hard core sligo rovers fans ?? or is that just more of your sh!te, get a grip and realise that there are far more worse behaved fans in ireland than our ones. Yee just love to bitch and moan and complain that there is always something wrong, always. Look at what you've made our club and its fans, tonight i am ashamed to call myself a sligo rovers fan, worst fans in ireland, take a good long look at what the showgrounsnds has become.

The Stars
16/10/2005, 8:50 AM
he was just perfecting his skills for the Premier division fans he will have to deal with next year.

Conor H
16/10/2005, 9:13 AM
What ever does poor Stewards had to listen to is beyond me i just think this man is a legend for what he did Galway United fans attcking kids come on ? :rolleyes: Least when The proper Rover boys ran them out like dogs a few years ago they were at Adults not Kids !!!!
You put a thread about this in the EL section and we did nothing to any kids.Why were the kids moved along?Maybe you should look at yere own problems.By no means are yee definitely promoted,yere stewards are a joke and for a big enough support yee have to be the ground who creates the least atmosphere in the EL.

The Stars
16/10/2005, 9:16 AM
As long as were top I couldnt give 2 fcuks and i think ye would swap your position with ours anyday.

The Stars
16/10/2005, 3:31 PM
Galway fans,get on the phone or e-mail sligo rovers with your complaints.....only way to stop this guy.

Redtop
16/10/2005, 3:55 PM
when sean is online wednesday nite lets say it to him then..because that w:mad: nker wouldnt let me in before because i was drinkin a bottle on the way up to the ground and he seen me(and i put in the bottle in the bin)

The Stars
16/10/2005, 4:13 PM
No,he think he is the dogs bollo* but the rest of the stewards are sound...thats why they didnt punch the heads of ye aswell.

Shiba
17/10/2005, 6:26 PM
Did anyone email the club about olly davey?
You seem to have a email.Did you ?

1 9 2 8
17/10/2005, 6:58 PM
You seem to have a email.Did you ?
Will you be E-Mailing the club this time Shiba

sligoman
17/10/2005, 7:00 PM
The reason I asked this is that these stewards aren,t paid for this job so I don't any of Us would stand back and take that.Afaik, Oliver Davey is employed by the club so therefore he is getting paid.

Anyway the stewards should be on the pitch side of the wall to prevent this from happening.Are you saying all the stewards should be on the pitch side? What would happen in the stands if all of them are on the other side of the wall?:confused:

The Stars
17/10/2005, 7:10 PM
Sligoman,you know your stuff:D

sligoman
17/10/2005, 7:11 PM
Sligoman,you know your stuff:DLike I said, afaik he is employed by the club, I may be wrong and am open to correction;)

Shiba
17/10/2005, 7:11 PM
Afaik, Oliver Davey is employed by the club so therefore he is getting paid.

I think you may find that all this is done volantary.As are the money collectors people in the shop etc.

Are you saying all the stewards should be on the pitch side? What would happen in the stands if all of them are on the other side of the wall?:confused:

We are getting a childish in our replys Sligoman.Please Use that thing in your head,Common sense should tell ya how to do and where to place your stewards.Every game is different!

The Stars
17/10/2005, 7:13 PM
Im with sligoman,anyone who helps out the club voluntarely should be praised

Shiba
17/10/2005, 7:14 PM
Will you be E-Mailing the club this time Shiba

Na not that worked up about this one.I'm afraid I done steward in the past and can understand "How fustrated you can get".Self Interest I suppose.

sligoman
17/10/2005, 7:18 PM
We are getting a childish in our replys Sligoman.Please Use that thing in your head,Common sense should tell ya how to do and where to place your stewards.Every game is different!What are you on about? How am I been childish?:confused:. All I said was, as far as I know, Davey is an employee. Stewarding is voluntary, but I think event controller(ie. Davey) is'nt, simple as that, nothing childish about it:rolleyes:

The Stars
17/10/2005, 7:20 PM
shiba is just trying to get an arguement going...calm down fèar sligeach

1 9 2 8
17/10/2005, 7:43 PM
Na not that worked up about this one.I'm afraid I done steward in the past and can understand "How fustrated you can get".Self Interest I suppose.
:rolleyes:

Shiba
17/10/2005, 8:01 PM
So physical violence isn't as bad as verbal abuse in your book:rolleyes:

Verbal abuse against against a man with a child is!Never said that physical abuse is right and am not defending it but does anyone of use know was there any physical challenge by the Galway fans towards Mr.davey to make him react the way he did.I dont know the man at all but do know he was sent on course to be able to controll these situations so what went wrong.Anything that brings the clubs name in to disrepute should be dealt with.As far as emailing the club,Most of the people in the ground witnessed this so The Committee should be well able to take this matter in hand.As for last incident this was not witnessed by the crowd in general.

Shiba
17/10/2005, 8:04 PM
What are you on about? How am I been childish?:confused:. All I said was, as far as I know, Davey is an employee. Stewarding is voluntary, but I think event controller(ie. Davey) is'nt, simple as that, nothing childish about it:rolleyes:

My comments were at the statement if all stewards were on the pitch what happens to stewarding the stand.We all know how the job should be done.,

One other thing with all this going on hasn't the Ref got away lightly

Conor H
17/10/2005, 8:24 PM
Verbal abuse against against a man with a child is!Never said that physical abuse is right and am not defending it but does anyone of use know was there any physical challenge by the Galway fans towards Mr.davey to make him react the way he did.I dont know the man at all but do know he was sent on course to be able to controll these situations so what went wrong.Anything that brings the clubs name in to disrepute should be dealt with.As far as emailing the club,Most of the people in the ground witnessed this so The Committee should be well able to take this matter in hand.As for last incident this was not witnessed by the crowd in general.
You seem to be very confident that Galway fans threw punches..WRONG!No galway fan go the chance to although some of us were very close to doing so!:mad: He wasn't hit at all and reacted because 2 lads hopped the wall.

Redtop
17/10/2005, 8:37 PM
i wasnt at the match but what if it had happened at a galway match to a rovers supporter then im sure that we would want something done about it and that gobsh1te should have enough experience than to go around hittin supporters he could land the club into deep sh1t :mad: :mad:

Shiba
17/10/2005, 9:30 PM
You seem to be very confident that Galway fans threw punches..WRONG!No galway fan go the chance to although some of us were very close to doing so!:mad: He wasn't hit at all and reacted because 2 lads hopped the wall.

I just asked the question as I find it hard to see a man of his age experience and training to reacted the way he did.As I said I done stewarding a few years back and people react in different ways to different situations.If it is true that Galway fans were not at fault and as sligoman says that this man is employeed by the club, "Yes" by all means action should be taken by the club.

Shiba
17/10/2005, 9:35 PM

It was one lad in an earlier statement now its two,from where I was sitting it seem a lot more jump the wall may have not gone on the pitch.Not an excuse for an over reaction but already contradictions.

Conor H
17/10/2005, 9:41 PM
It was one lad in an earlier statement now its two,from where I was sitting it seem a lot more jump the wall may have not gone on the pitch.Not an excuse for an over reaction but already contradictions.
I was there.....2 lads hopped the wall...but one of them kinda fell over it.:D

Shiba
17/10/2005, 9:45 PM
I was there.....2 lads hopped the wall...but one of them kinda fell over it.:D

That was Stupid!Ref proably gave a foul for that one.Lavine was at it all night!:rolleyes:

Redzer
18/10/2005, 10:25 AM
I was one of the ones to complain about the last incident but problem was the abuse thrown towards a father and his child.I'm not even going to start condoning what happened Saturday night but who threw the first punch.The reason I asked this is that these stewards aren,t paid for this job so I don't any of Us would stand back and take that.But I do think that Mr Davey has questions to Answer as he was sent on course's to be trained in this area so that we could pass the liecencing law.I seen from a distance what happen I did see arms flying from both sides of the fence.Anyway the stewards should be on the pitch side of the wall to prevent this from happening.
Shiba, If, as you are implying, that it was a Galway fan that threw the “first punch”, then why didn’t Mr Davey call on the Gardai present to arrest this guy for assault. At least, as event controller he had the authority to throw him out from the Showgrounds. Neither was done. Why?
The Galway lads were completely wrong to go on the pitch. But, the correct action to perform was to walk them to the gate. I don’t know what they are told on these courses, you speak about, but I’d say for certain you are told not to retaliate, even if you are provoked.
To say the stewards should be on the pitch side to prevent this from happening is all very well. Look at International matches. When are stewards on the pitch? Just before full time, otherwise they are in the stands.
I was at the game in Galway, when a member of the Rovers M.C. jumped the wall onto the pitch. Their event controller made it clear to him that he was a very lucky man not to be thrown out. Common sense must prevail.

Shiba
18/10/2005, 6:49 PM
Shiba, If, as you are implying, that it was a Galway fan that threw the “first punch”, then why didn’t Mr Davey call on the Gardai present to arrest this guy for assault. At least, as event controller he had the authority to throw him out from the Showgrounds. Neither was done. Why?
The Galway lads were completely wrong to go on the pitch. But, the correct action to perform was to walk them to the gate. I don’t know what they are told on these courses, you speak about, but I’d say for certain you are told not to retaliate, even if you are provoked.
To say the stewards should be on the pitch side to prevent this from happening is all very well. Look at International matches. When are stewards on the pitch? Just before full time, otherwise they are in the stands.
I was at the game in Galway, when a member of the Rovers M.C. jumped the wall onto the pitch. Their event controller made it clear to him that he was a very lucky man not to be thrown out. Common sense must prevail.

Totally agree with ya to point if these fellas threw punches they should have been removed from the ground.But as you said if Galways fans threw the Punches first there is no Doubt that with this training Mr Davey received he should have showen more restraint and the Gaurds called over.Equally If Mr Davey was the problem why did the guards not take action.As regards International games I think you will find that if that kind of encroachment on to the pitch by fans of either side they would most definitly been removed from the ground and arrested for some public disorder offence.And from years of going to the showgrounds that kind of senario is for unlikely to happen there.

Shiba
18/10/2005, 6:58 PM
I think these two incidents at the last two home games have been very damaging for the Club ande hopfully proper action is taken in these matters.
The last incident with the Stewards hopfully is a once of and I have not witnessed it before so Mr Davey and Crew because of the work they do may deserve a second chance .

As for the "ShedHeads" we all know if we are honest that the problems with them have been ongoing for a nunmber of seasons and the incident at the Dublin game just put the final nail in their coffin.

sligoman
18/10/2005, 7:01 PM
The last incident with the Stewards hopfully is a once of and I have not witnessed it before so Mr Davey and Crew because of the work they do may deserve a second chance .This may have only been the first incident with Davey but given that he is the head steward who is in charge of all the stewards then he has to go. What example is he setting to the other stewards? Davey has to resign or be sacked, simple as that!

Shiba
18/10/2005, 7:18 PM
We just have to see what happens I suppose!

The Stars
18/10/2005, 9:08 PM
Who will be the new event controller so?one of the younger stewards with new ideas:D

Shiba
18/10/2005, 10:07 PM
Who will be the new event controller so?one of the younger stewards with new ideas:D

New Ideas for what?

scotsbeer
21/10/2005, 11:49 AM
how to control neanderthal behaviour by the stewards

scotsbeer
21/10/2005, 11:50 AM
soory, i meant one steward in particular. the other lads were sound

gufct
26/10/2005, 11:43 AM
Do anything about your event controller as they were informed on the night or is he being allowed do as he pleases. There will be serious consequences if this man is left in charge because our fans bar their language are very well behaved imagine Shams playing there next year he will get slaughtered.

Redtop
26/10/2005, 5:47 PM
i seen him out in the showgrounds while i was trainin a couple of times since this happened so i doubt that he has been sacked

sligoman
27/10/2005, 12:55 AM
Do anything about your event controller as they were informed on the night or is he being allowed do as he pleases. There will be serious consequences if this man is left in charge because our fans bar their language are very well behaved imagine Shams playing there next year he will get slaughtered.Seen a picture of him in the Champion today at the unveiling of the lights on the all weather pitch, so as expected, nothing was done:o.

Bravo
27/10/2005, 7:27 AM
He was at the Kildare match the other night with some of the committee members.

Redzer
27/10/2005, 9:22 AM
We now have a new Events Controller. His name is Davy Oliver( no relation to Jamie). He is clean shaven and its looks like his hair is dyed jet black.
Strong resemblance to previous Controller, but, naw it couldn't be!!!!!!

Bravo
27/10/2005, 11:36 AM
We now have a new Events Controller. His name is Davy Oliver( no relation to Jamie). He is clean shaven and its looks like his hair is dyed jet black.
Strong resemblance to previous Controller, but, naw it couldn't be!!!!!!
I think this is only temporary because at Christmas I Believe we will have another replacement. His Name is Holly Gravy, White Beard, White Hair A BIG red Sligo Rovers Coat With a ‘Bit O White’ on the cuffs & he wont spend as much time at the match Picking on Children or Galway Fans!! & he wont be as rough round the edges as the name suggests.............

roversforever
27/10/2005, 1:00 PM
im sick of this.i don't like davey but i've since heard that these galway fans were drunk.if they were they shouldn't have even been in the ground and maybe its human nature to hit someone when their causing trouble.its all great and well criticising oliver davey but i haven't seen one of you say what you would do in his situation.

gufct
27/10/2005, 1:08 PM
im sick of this.i don't like davey but i've since heard that these galway fans were drunk.if they were they shouldn't have even been in the ground and maybe its human nature to hit someone when their causing trouble.its all great and well criticising oliver davey but i haven't seen one of you say what you would do in his situation.

There was over 50 Galway United Supporters on thta side about 10 were drunk but that still gives no Authority to anyone to wade into them with boots and arms flying the only one who joined was a Sligo Fan who jumped the fence and threw afew digs as well.

Mr. Davey also threatened some Galway Officials who intervened to stop their fans reacting to his digraceful behaviour one of them a female director of the club who he threatened to f**k out of the ground as well. Check with the Gardai who were present who caused this situation they wont be long in sorting you out as they and the other stewards were excellent and were totally shocked by his actions.

Patrick Dunne
27/10/2005, 1:31 PM
It will be left to GUFC to take this further.
I'm disappointed with Sligo Rovers, thought that you were a progressive club.

Bravo
27/10/2005, 3:17 PM
I was in Mooney’s before the game & the Galway fans were present, the had a few on board alright & were in good Form, they were slagging & having the craic. None of us started punching the ****e out of them; there is no excuse for violence.

red_away
27/10/2005, 4:31 PM
This accusation has gotten a bit complicated/blurred.....Violence by a SRFC steward towards GUFC fans having a bit of craic....followed by a pitch invasion of one...then two...then they were drunk/sober.....then SRFC should ask the Guardai who were close witness to the event if they are in any doubt to the gravity of the act or its actual occurrence?

Should the GUFC fans not be querying the professional peacekeepers of our great country who bore witness to this act of wanton GBH and not harping on about some amature thug in disguise?

I am against any act that brings our club into disrepute and especially one which involves violence but if this assault was that bad ....call the cops!!!!

Conor H
27/10/2005, 5:27 PM
I think we should all forget about it at this stage...it's up to both clubs if they want the issue to be persued and more so GUFC as sligo seem to have ignored it.

gufct
28/10/2005, 8:27 AM
is employed as Event Controller by Sligo Rovers and is also a member of the M.C. and is not some Amateur Thug. The reason we didnt want the guards involved in this is that we didnt want him up in court as we presumed Sligo would deal with him internally.This has obviously not happened so GUFC will be taking it further I believe.

The Sligo fans who were there saw what happened and if u checked most their posts you would see ther is very few agree with Mr. Daveys behaviour.