PDA

View Full Version : Molloy, Shelley for Shels?

Neil
02/05/2002, 3:59 PM
Trevor Molloy could be on his way to Carlisle after all – or maybe Shelbourne, or maybe both if Pat Fenlon can pull it off.

The on/off deal between John Courtenay and Michael Knighton could be resolved in the next few weeks but in the meantime, Fenlon is keen to bring Molloy and Carlisle’s other Irish recruit Brian Shelley on board for the Champions League.

“I am talking to a number of players at the moment and it is no secret that a striker is our priority. Trevor Molloy is earmarked to go to Carlisle so I’m not sure if he’s an option.”

“Before I do anything, I need to see what I can get on a long term basis,” said Fenlon.

The new Shels boss hopes to have talks with Peter Hutton and Jon Minnock about extending their stay at Tolka Park

[soccercentral.ie]

Neil
07/05/2002, 12:34 PM
Molloy for Shels - temporary

Pat Fenlon has grabbed Trevor Molloy on a temporary basis while John Courtenay and Roddy Collins continue their bid to take over an English club - as predicted by Soccercentral last week.

Efforts to buy into Carisle United have so far proved difficult for Courtenay who is expected to take legal action this week in his bid to take over the club.

And while that continues, Fenlon has been given the all-clear to move on Molloy and possibly Brian Shelley as well.

"I've spoken to Roddy Collins and Trevor, and both are happy to let the move go ahead," said Fenlon.

"It's understood that whenever Roddy and John Courtenay get sorted out at a club in England, whether that's at Carlisle or elsewhere, then Trevor would be free to link up with them," he explained.

"I'd be delighted to have Trevor on board to help us for a month or so. We're short on cover as Dessie Baker won't be back until August after a knee operation," he added.

[eircom.ie] (http://mmm.eircom.ie/soccer/eircomleague/news/index.asp?StoryId=7065&PageCount=-20)

Schumi
07/05/2002, 2:48 PM
Did Shelly and Molloy sign for Carlisle? If they haven't signed anything, what business is it of Roddy and Courtney where they go?