PDA

View Full Version : Shamrock Rovers - good when it counts!

EireBadBoy
15/10/2005, 2:07 AM
Easy crowd of fans to have a pop at, they have their element - at least they have an element!

A fair few of them (alright there was few of them) came to the Brandywell tonight and not a bad word can be said against them. We did'nt need to fence them in (Longford always was a bit of a journey back in time!), did'nt need to worry about them running on the pitch (own backyard before the neighbours and all that) and I've found a nice wee spot in the Brandywell where I can hear both home and away support (nice change I might add), they sung their hearts out - 1 goal down, 2 goals down never dampened their spirits.

So, whilst all the mud is being slung around recently (and eternally when the REAL Rovers are concerned) I found it nice that the fans that travelled up where in full voice throughout the game, fair play boys.

You get some sh**e but, hey, stand up job tonight!

P.S No doubt this thread will develop into some diatribe by either Longford/Harps & mebbe Cosmo if he's especially vindictive but credit where credit is due, Shamrock Rovers do have a decent fan base!

hoopy
15/10/2005, 8:43 AM
Nice to hear. Certain fans of certain clubs refuse to believe that our Trustees have banned certain individuals. Hopefully this might change their minds a bit. I'd also like to add that our banned fans are not allowed to stand in the gantry in Dalymount, unlike a certain banned manager

Anto McC
15/10/2005, 10:35 AM
I believe the club has banned them but there is plenty more where they came from and they are untouchable

joeraki
15/10/2005, 1:11 PM
I believe the club has banned them but there is plenty more where they came from and they are untouchable

Tell me more about these untouchables. Do Rovers need an Elliot Ness ? :rolleyes:

Cosmo
15/10/2005, 2:07 PM
P.S No doubt this thread will develop into some diatribe by either Longford/Harps & mebbe Cosmo if he's especially vindictive but credit where credit is due, Shamrock Rovers do have a decent fan base!

Seen as ye seem to have a hard on for me ill set the record straight to say ive no problem with rovers supporters whatsoever (or ever did have a problem with them), never cause us any bother. Always look forward to when they come down to united park - probably my favourite away supporters, along with harps

ccfcgirl
15/10/2005, 2:18 PM
I love when Rovers come to the cross .They always bring in the crowds .I was on a plane to Cyprus last week and i was chatting to fans from the 400 club .We had a good conversation on league of Ireland soccer and I told them i respected them for what they done for there club.

Bosco
15/10/2005, 5:13 PM
Everyone knows that rovers have some of the most dedicated and best fans in the league but i dont see why someone has to start a thread everytime they behave themselves

Anto McC
15/10/2005, 6:06 PM
Everyone knows that rovers have some of the most dedicated and best fans in the league but i dont see why someone has to start a thread everytime they behave themselves

Post of the Month

Is it too much to expect fans to behave themselves

joeraki
15/10/2005, 6:19 PM
Post of the Month

Is it too much to expect fans to behave themselves

Don't panic Anto McC, I'm sure some Rovers fan will give someone a dirty look or something along those lines. That should be worthy of a 4/5 page thread in keeping with trends on here for you to post in. The season aint over yet.... So these untouchable you speak of, any more info on them yet ?

Roverstillidie
15/10/2005, 10:51 PM
fair play ebb, always nice to recieve compliments. couldnt make the game because of work, hence there were only 50 or so on a friday.
you must be psychic, because surprise surprise the malcontents were on within minuites. anto mc and bosco took the bait.
ebb never mentioned bad behaviour, he said we sang and were gracious in defeat despite the poxy year rovers have had. longford and shels. the two clubs that no-one will ever complement their support. hardly a coincedence
anto - clarify that 'untouchables' comment or retract it!

dfx-
16/10/2005, 12:27 AM

:D :D

Anto McC
16/10/2005, 10:11 AM
anto - clarify that 'untouchables' comment or retract it!

I will retract it because i havent personally got any evidence to back it up

Sam Savic
16/10/2005, 11:53 AM
There's no merit in your retraction Anto McC. You made a statement with no evidence and just as quickly retracted it.
We're still waiting for Ollie's retraction. He never produced his "evidence".

Anto McC
16/10/2005, 2:54 PM
im damded if i do and im damded if i dont,we'll leave it at that

BohDiddley
16/10/2005, 3:50 PM
Easy crowd of fans to have a pop at, they have their element - at least they have an element!

A fair few of them (alright there was few of them) came to the Brandywell tonight and not a bad word can be said against them. We did'nt need to fence them in (Longford always was a bit of a journey back in time!), did'nt need to worry about them running on the pitch (own backyard before the neighbours and all that) and I've found a nice wee spot in the Brandywell where I can hear both home and away support (nice change I might add), they sung their hearts out - 1 goal down, 2 goals down never dampened their spirits.

So, whilst all the mud is being slung around recently (and eternally when the REAL Rovers are concerned) I found it nice that the fans that travelled up where in full voice throughout the game, fair play boys.

You get some sh**e but, hey, stand up job tonight!

I suppose if you were running a club in the East End of London in the sixties and the Kray Twins and their cronies came along, and instead of nailing people to the floor or cutting their noses all they did was drink, sing Roll Out The Barrel, ogle yer bird and generally 'av a larf, everyone would say they were top geezahs after all! Know wot I mean? :D

Krstic
17/10/2005, 10:14 AM

Well some people are only too happy to start 'Sensationalist' threads when they 'read' or 'hear' about minor incidents involving Rovers.
Others like to start threads assuming Rovers fans were involved in incidents at non-Rovers events.

So credit where credit's due.

They should have been 4 nil down at half time yet they kept singing, they ended the game with 10 men and 2 nil down, yet they kept singing.

So fair play to them:ball: :ball:

NY Hoop
17/10/2005, 11:40 AM
Yeah a good night was had alright:D

Unlike other clubs we always travel.

In your programme you refer to Liam O'Brien's new job at pats without once saying that he played for us especially considering he made his name with Rovers.

Your chairman wants an All Ireland League the day before yesterday!!

KOH

Anto McC
17/10/2005, 12:56 PM
Is it too much to expect people not to praise coppers who shoot mental patients?

Quite the opposite to praise actually,critizising the coppers

Anto McC
17/10/2005, 12:56 PM
Talking a leaf out of your book.

Some shels fans are probably paedophiles, and maybe theres a mass murderer in their support too.

I retract this statement.

:rolleyes:

Roverstillidie
17/10/2005, 1:44 PM
Oops, I got the wrong end of the stick.

How is the chant offensive then?

in the same way we wreck the town everytime we are there.

its a thing on foot.ie, every crank gets to complain when there is a bold song, gesture or dirty look.

Colm
17/10/2005, 5:56 PM
its a thing on foot.ie, every crank gets to complain when there is a bold song, gesture or dirty look.

You're absolutely spot on there.
I'm getting really sick of muppets starting threads whinging about every tiny little incident. You'd wonder do some of these fools realise it's a football match they're at and not mass!

bigmac
17/10/2005, 7:18 PM
You'd wonder do some of these fools realise it's a football match they're at and not mass!

To be fair, I do a hell of a lot more praying at a Blues match than I do in mass.