PDA

View Full Version : Petition for sake of Belgian football

Gerrit
14/10/2005, 8:19 PM
Me and some other fans of smaller (= non-top) teams have started a petition against Anderlecht chairman Vanden Stock trying to get in charge of the FA. He wants to lower the nr of teams in the highest division, an idea we
a) don't think it can ever help the entire Belgian football
b) would only be convenient for the few rich and powerful teams

We want a neutral new FA president who has no bonds with any big club. We also support a better youth football education and more playing opportunity to Belgian-born players, and we wish to maintain the nr of teams on top level.

If you agree on this and have any interest in Belgian soccer, please sign our online petition which will eventually be handed over to the Belgian FA:

http://new.petitiononline.com/VDSTOCK/petition.html oftewel www.vandenstock-petition.be.tf

Thanks in advance,

me and my fellow organisers

Aldini98
17/10/2005, 11:55 AM
Belgian soccer should not be given an automatic place in the Champions League. Anderlecht have lost their last 9 Champions League matches I heard......

superfrank
17/10/2005, 3:55 PM
Im afraid you're wrong. Cork played Slavia Prague because they went out to Anderlecht so they couldn't have lost their last 9 games.

pete
17/10/2005, 5:12 PM
What has Belgian football ever done for us?

anto eile
17/10/2005, 9:32 PM
idiotic gombeen attitude from pete.
anderlecht could conceivably have lost all their last 9 CL games, if you count back over different seasons and the last 9 times theyve played in the group stages,not necessarily counting this year and last year in sequential order

Dodge
17/10/2005, 10:02 PM
They've lost their last 9 actual champions league games

superfrank
18/10/2005, 10:43 AM
As for the petition I don't get to watch Belgian football anymore, ever since ntl cut Eurosport out of their line-up!!

Junior
20/10/2005, 9:10 AM
They've lost their last 9 actual champions league games

Im not 100% sure but I bet the last time they won was against Celtic with 10 men in Brussels (I was there:( :( )

Im pretty sure they have to play pre qualification like scottish teams and other weaker leagues around europe so no big deal.

As for signing the petition, I don't know enough about the issue or what the geezer has in plan for the league. There are many who believe reducing the number of teams and having less games in the top league is a bonus? Best of luck with your campaign though.................

mypost
20/10/2005, 12:07 PM
Me and some other fans of smaller (= non-top) teams have started a petition against Anderlecht chairman Vanden Stock trying to get in charge of the FA.

Why bother?

You make no secret of your hatred for your country, you refuse to support your team in international football, and decide to support someone else, so why all this?? :confused:

You should let your friends to continue the petition, as at least they respect their nationality, and care about Belgian football more than you.

Junior
20/10/2005, 1:09 PM
Why bother?

You make no secret of your hatred for your country, you refuse to support your team in international football, and decide to support someone else, so why all this?? :confused:

You should let your friends to continue the petition, as at least they respect their nationality, and care about Belgian football more than you.

How do you know anything about Gerrits friends and what they do and don't believe?

thejollyrodger
20/10/2005, 3:47 PM
The Constant Vanden Stock Stadium is nice considering its age. A few of them here would do the trick.

Best of luck with the petition Gerrit, im going to sign it now;)

Mayo Red
20/10/2005, 7:16 PM
It's not about saving Belgian football from Dominic Foley is it??:rolleyes: :D